Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Can 3rd ed shield dwarves have black hair?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Doge Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 10:28:39
I've often read that they have red or light brown hair but i've always wanted some to have black hair. Is this even possible? Are there examples of shield dwarves with black hair? I don't play 4th ed but I recall seeing a dwarf in a 4th ed FR book with black hair. He had a couple daggers on a belt or bandoleer and he didn't look like a gold dwarf as he was quite pale.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Delzounblood Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 14:15:58
I've always stated to my players, when regarding hair/eye colour that there is a set norm BUT there are always exceptions to the rule.

to give you an idea, my char Delzounblood as follows.

6th Lvl Dwarven Barbarian.
Stats:
Strength : 17
Intelligence : 5 (I never said he was bright!)
Wisdom : 9 (or wise)
Dexterity : 15
Constitution : 17
Charisma : 11

Desciption:
4’4” tall
Shaven Head
Black Beard, Braided.

Arms Armour:
Sculptured Breast Plate
Studded Leather Kilt
Spiked Gauntlets
Dwarven Battle Axe

BEAST Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 21:35:29
You're very welcome!
Doge Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 12:21:43
Oh happy day! Haha. And those are some of the most shield dwarven of all shield dwarves. Thanks Beast!
BEAST Posted - 26 Jun 2013 : 12:02:37
Thibbledorf Pwent was introduced around the beginning of 2E (in the novel The Legacy), had his heyday in 3E's "The Hunter's Blades Trilogy", extended into 4E (The Last Threshold), and we'll have to wait and see if he makes it into 5th . . .

But he is described as having a great black beard, and stringy black hair atop a balding head, underneath his massive spiked battlerager helm.

The Mirabarans Torgar Hammerstriker and his best buddy Shingles McRuff both had black beards (3E's The Thousand Orcs).

The Mithral Hall blacksmith McCarl Ironforge was rumored to have a red beard, but he was always covered in so much soot, that he might as well be credited with having black hair, too!

And Arthrogate was first written about in 3E's Promise of the Witch-King. He's a Felbarran dwarf who wears his black beard parted and tied off with triple-sapphire rings.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000