Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Neverwinter MMO/CO-OP Game.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 07 Jun 2011 : 19:40:17
Well, it looks like this new game is really being made. For awhile, like the last two years, it was just rumor.

http://www.playneverwinter.com/
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BountyHunter Posted - 25 Mar 2017 : 20:04:59
I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Being new to Forgotten Realms, it's giving me a fast taste of what the world has to offer.

I've gotten myself up to level 45 pretty fast (levelling is easy in this game), so I must be having fun.
Taleras Posted - 25 Mar 2017 : 12:25:34
I downloaded a few weeks ago and played for a hot second. Is it worth pushing through the learning curve? Are the stories good? I don't need another hack and slash, but if leveling is fun through quests and adventures then I would consider loading it up again...
VikingLegion Posted - 22 Mar 2017 : 22:51:27
Ok, so BountyHunter is playing this on X-Box and Thoth is on PC. I downloaded this game on my PS4 last night and played the first 5 levels. So we can't ever game together (as I understand it), but I guess we have all the platforms covered, at least...

I'm not sure what I think of it yet. Coming in several years late to the party, obviously I'm way behind on the learning curve. But it seems fun enough to at least keep screwing around on for the time being. I'm nowhere near interested enough (yet) to invest into finding a guild and planning out a build or anything, for now I'll just keep jamming on it as spare time allows.
BountyHunter Posted - 22 Mar 2017 : 18:01:12
Well, I can guarantee I'll never play on PC. Lol
Thoth Posted - 22 Mar 2017 : 10:50:33
Yep, in Canada. Good times! :)

If you ever come to the light side, and play on the PC, let me know!
BountyHunter Posted - 21 Mar 2017 : 22:55:57
Aw that's too bad. And you're in Canada too. Nice,
Thoth Posted - 21 Mar 2017 : 16:38:05
I play it on PC. Haven't tried it much on Xbox, although I did install it.
BountyHunter Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 10:21:15
Anybody still playing this on XBox? I love this game, can't stop playing, Is there a guild I can join? I'm currently in one, but I'd rather be in one with players from the forums.
Delwa Posted - 12 Nov 2015 : 02:08:02
I've been toying with the idea. Haven't played since before GenCon. SCL and books have demanded too much of my free time. I'd be more likely to play if my schedule lined up with fellow scribes, but considering my work hours, that's not likely.
hashimashadoo Posted - 12 Nov 2015 : 01:18:47
Wondering if I should get back into Neverwinter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoInLLZAxrQ
pcgneurotic Posted - 03 Oct 2015 : 11:33:01
Yes indeed, and it looks like another good one, writing-wise. Salvatorre's quests will feature AI support from the reincarnated Companions too (Reginald, Spider, etc), as well as Pwent and Drizzt! There's an interesting article (link below) published the other day that not only looks at all this, but also examines Salvatorre's involvement with the game from day one. Well worth a look. http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/01/r-a-salvatore-shares-his-secret-work-on-neverwinter/
Aulduron Posted - 03 Oct 2015 : 02:52:09
The next module will come out before the end of the year. It will take place in the Underdark and will feature quests written by RA Salvatorre.
pcgneurotic Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 15:24:34
Ah, that's good to know. Was a bit of an ambiguous answer there. :D
hashimashadoo Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 15:15:17
Jim Cummings is working on at least three different projects at the moment so I'm not terribly surprised.
Delwa Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 14:20:33
Thanks for the swift reply! He did a decent job of capturing the original.
pcgneurotic Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 13:54:31
massivelyop.net did an interview with the Neverwinter team, and they also asked about that:

"Will Minsc be voiced, and if so, by whom? Was there any effort to acquire the talent of Jim Cummings who brought the character to life in the Balder’s Gate series?

Minsc will indeed be voiced, but by one of our regular voice-over talents (who is quite good at it!). We looked into acquiring the talent of Jim Cummings but unfortunately were unable to at this time."

(http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/26/minsc-and-boo-go-for-the-eyes-in-neverwinters-elemental-evil/)
Delwa Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 13:42:41
Yep! Been having lots of fun with Minsc. Anyone know who did the voice acting for him this time? It doesn't quite sound like they got Jim Cummings again.
pcgneurotic Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 06:41:10
Not to mention Neverwinter's own take on the Temple of Elemental Evil!
Aelf Posted - 08 Apr 2015 : 03:43:22
FYI: Module 6 was released today. Level cap is now 70 and there is a new Oathbound Paladin class.
pcgneurotic Posted - 31 Mar 2015 : 22:03:42
That's right, they're separate servers. I think it's to do with the MS certification procedures or somesuch.
Delwa Posted - 31 Mar 2015 : 21:48:05
If I had an xbox1, I would. The xbox server doesn't really talk to the PC one, does it?
Kuje Posted - 31 Mar 2015 : 20:37:15
So neverwinter came out for the xbox one today. Anyone interesting in playing? I have four friends also but we need a fifth to make a guild.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 15:16:47
I've tried all those things... nothing. My laptop runs fine and my antivirus says clean systems. But the Cryptic launcher crashes every single time I press play. I verify the files when it says game error found, and then I press play, and as soon as the cryptic logo leaves and the Neverwinter logo appears, it crashes and says Cryptic error. I just want to scream!!!!
pcgneurotic Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 08:15:14
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Have you tried flushing your DNS on your computer? I know tech support told me to do that once and it occasionally helps. Sometimes uninstall and reinstall the launcher.
Open up a Command Prompt and type in

ipconfig /flushdns

That never hurts either. I think when I had it I did a 'Verify files' or 'Force check' or something from the launcher too, which might've fixed it.
Delwa Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 01:54:09
Have you tried flushing your DNS on your computer? I know tech support told me to do that once and it occasionally helps. Sometimes uninstall and reinstall the launcher.
Open up a Command Prompt and type in

ipconfig /flushdns
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 00:59:10
quote:
Originally posted by pcgneurotic

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Anyone else having Neverwinter crash during the Cryptic launcher after you press play? It has been crashing ever since Module 4 on the 14'th. I've exhausted every solution I know with no results. Any ideas or tips?

This is an on-and-off problem that's been around since Mod 2. I'm sure I've had it at least once to, although I can't for the life of me remember how I dealt with it. Have you tried launching NW in Safe Mode (via the option in the Launcher settings)?

Yes, I have tried. I am soooo bummed. They don't even have tech support via phone number.
pcgneurotic Posted - 19 Aug 2014 : 20:17:23
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Anyone else having Neverwinter crash during the Cryptic launcher after you press play? It has been crashing ever since Module 4 on the 14'th. I've exhausted every solution I know with no results. Any ideas or tips?

This is an on-and-off problem that's been around since Mod 2. I'm sure I've had it at least once to, although I can't for the life of me remember how I dealt with it. Have you tried launching NW in Safe Mode (via the option in the Launcher settings)?
Delwa Posted - 19 Aug 2014 : 19:11:46
No? I logged on this past weekend without issue. I have seen on the Neverwinter Facebook page several people having similar issues, though.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 19 Aug 2014 : 19:01:46
Kuje Posted - 31 Jul 2014 : 04:29:42
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm getting my boys an X-Box One for Xmas. Coincidence? I think not ...

-- George Krashos

Cool. :) I should go look up what they're going to do with the voice commands of the Kinect, if anything.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000