Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 2nd Excerpt from The Godborn: Telemont and Rivalen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulSKemp Posted - 14 May 2013 : 18:34:38
I've posted the second (of six) excerpts from The Godborn. Have a read, if you're so inclined.

http://paulskemp.com/blog/excerpt-two-from-the-godborn-telemont-and-rivalen/
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 18 Oct 2013 : 17:50:04

The Chosen will act as substitutes for avatars so they (the gods) would not inflict too much damage to the Realms. Maybe.
The Masked Mage Posted - 17 Oct 2013 : 22:09:30
I see the imprisoned Chosen of the Gods to be a handy way to leap frog them through time right past the spellplague into 5th E :P
Eli the Tanner Posted - 17 Oct 2013 : 14:12:03
I'm assuming Hadrhune returned via a clone or some contingency magic perhaps? That said, Anauroch does give the option that Hadrhune might escape. Does the novel make any mention of this?

I'm more curious if it clears up the human/elven shade discrepancy that has plagued Hadrhune since Return of the Archwizards.

Tanthalas Posted - 20 May 2013 : 23:29:38
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis
I think this was detailed in a sourcebook. But doesn’t novel lore supersede that from the sourcebooks, essentially?

That's what I thought too.
skychrome Posted - 20 May 2013 : 14:39:04
Thanks Paul, awesome as always!
Thauranil Posted - 19 May 2013 : 13:10:34
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Wow Rivalen sure is not hiding behind his machinations anymore. I cant wait for Telamont to put him in his place.

Same. I hate the idea that absorbing a 3rd of the divinity of a quasi deity with a 0 level divinity would inflate his powers enough to suddenly make him a match for Telamont.

I'd like to think that Telamont can still win the fight, albeit, it would be a knock down drag out brawl of magic.

Plus its Telamont who commands the loyalty of most of the Shadovar not his upstart son so even if Rivalen is arrogant enough to attack his in the heart of Shade enclave , he will soon come to regret it.
Gyor Posted - 18 May 2013 : 17:18:35
Thanks Paul! Awewome.

I noticed the Chosen are refered to in Erin's Advesary summary as well, so I'm guessing that this functions as key part of the Sundering.

Dennis Posted - 18 May 2013 : 16:42:35
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:

Wow Rivalen sure is not hiding behind his machinations anymore. I cant wait for Telamont to put him in his place.
Same. I hate the idea that absorbing a 3rd of the divinity of a quasi deity with a 0 level divinity would inflate his powers enough to suddenly make him a match for Telamont.

I'd like to think that Telamont can still win the fight, albeit, it would be a knock down drag out brawl of magic.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. Let’s not forget this is the same guy who once deflected the supposedly unstoppable silverfire of the Chosen, and the same guy who’s been experimenting with shadow magic for millennia.

quote:
I was still waiting for Aumvor the undying to make an appearance in novels related to Shade. Given that his goal was to restore the empire, but with himself at its head, I often wondered how he is viewing the idea that it is reforming without him.
As I am. It’d be great too to see a couple more surviving archwizards hiding all these years, including Ioulaum. Though I hope he’d get to inhabit a human or at least a humanoid body.

quote:
In Canon, Hadrhune is indeed dead. Died in the dalelands unless I am mistaken fighting in what he thought was a dead magic area. Trying to pick up a bunch of nether scrolls(Which are among the most powerful artifacts in the realms), even working with Phaerimm towards this goal(taught them shadow magic in return.)
I think this was detailed in a sourcebook. But doesn’t novel lore supersede that from the sourcebooks, essentially?

Paul, can you confirm this, please?
Gyor Posted - 18 May 2013 : 16:25:48
Thanks Paul! Awewome.

I noticed the Chosen are refered to in Erin's Advesary summary as well, so I'm guessing that this functions as key part of the Sundering.

Firestorm Posted - 18 May 2013 : 00:48:26
quote:

I was still waiting for Aumvor the undying to make an appearance in novels related to Shade. Given that his goal was to restore the empire, but with himself at its head, I often wondered how he is viewing the idea that it is reforming without him

In Canon, Hadrhune is indeed dead. Died in the dalelands unless I am mistaken fighting in what he thought was a dead magic area. Trying to pick up a bunch of nether scrolls(Which are among the most powerful artifacts in the realms), even working with Phaerimm towards this goal(taught them shadow magic in return.)
Thauranil Posted - 17 May 2013 : 09:32:37
Firestorm Posted - 17 May 2013 : 02:55:24
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

I sooo can't wait for this book. Its been too many agonizing years
PaulSKemp Posted - 16 May 2013 : 17:43:53
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Ummmm, when did Telamont Tanthul's name become Telemont? Haven't read through the thing yet, but that struck me, so figured I'd ask before I forget.

My error. I always spell it with an "e" for some reason. I think I think it looks more menacing that way. :-) It'll be fixed in the final manuscript.
Dennis Posted - 16 May 2013 : 12:54:58
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:

So Rivalen might be beyond Telamont now? Hmm . . .

Have no doubt that it would be a knock down drag out...
Well, I hope the “You’re mistaken, child” part bears some weight. Besides, it would have been too careless of him to have allowed his son (whose loyalty is to Shar only) to steal some power from a godling without some well-placed contingencies.
Brimstone Posted - 16 May 2013 : 04:12:54
quote:

Have no doubt that it would be a knock down drag out...
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 16 May 2013 : 03:35:29
In RoTaW it is said by Telemont that Hadrhune is an Elf.
Dennis Posted - 16 May 2013 : 02:18:17

Must be typo only.
sleyvas Posted - 15 May 2013 : 22:17:55
Ummmm, when did Telamont Tanthul's name become Telemont? Haven't read through the thing yet, but that struck me, so figured I'd ask before I forget.
Kilvan Posted - 15 May 2013 : 16:48:15
I thought Hadrhune was dead in canon, in the Anauroch adventure or something. Glad to see his feud with Rivalen wasn't ended by godhood.
The Red Walker Posted - 15 May 2013 : 15:38:16
Paul, I like it. A lot.

Now if Rivalen goes on to kill HadrHune or Telemont.....I get you a beer at GenCon.....

If he kills them both , it'll be like six beers and a meal
LastStand Posted - 15 May 2013 : 10:44:26
Great stuff! Thanks.
Dennis Posted - 15 May 2013 : 06:05:55

Brimstone Posted - 15 May 2013 : 03:17:08
Oh yeah. I am so looking forward to Oct...
Kilvan Posted - 14 May 2013 : 21:12:20
Loved it! Thanks Paul!!!
PaulSKemp Posted - 14 May 2013 : 21:00:14
quote:
Originally posted by Sightless

Just out of curiousity, where does this link go?

I just want to know, so I can add it to list of sights my Screen-reader can't work with, and can thus avoid. I mean no offense.

None taken. The link goes to my website/blog.
Sightless Posted - 14 May 2013 : 20:53:07
Just out of curiousity, where does this link go?

I just want to know, so I can add it to list of sights my Screen-reader can't work with, and can thus avoid. I mean no offense.
Dennis Posted - 14 May 2013 : 19:01:24

Thank you, Paul. That was one helluva teaser.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000