Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Red Aegis RPG by Vorpal Games

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt James Posted - 19 May 2013 : 23:37:52
Hey guys,

I thought I would come here and let you all know what Brian and I have been up to. We've been toiling with several major ideas for the better part of multiple decades and have taken the plunge into seeing them to publication. Last year, we formed Vorpal Games LLC in hopes of realizing our dreams of making our kind of game. Later this summer, we plan to Kickstart the project and bring it to the masses. We are calling the game Red Aegis and it will provide us an outlet to let our continuity and world-building tendencies to soar. I can't give you too much information on the actual game just yet, but I wanted to let you know that some big names will be helping out. So far we have announced Realms authors Erik Scott de Bie and Ed Greenwood as contributors. There are more names, but I don't want to flood the gates just yet ;)

Anyways, Candlekeep has been a home for Brian and I over the years and I thought you all would be interested in hearing this kind of news.

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matt James Posted - 28 May 2014 : 22:39:03
Sorry for my delayed response.

1) My non-gaming career has absorbed a huge portion of my life in recent months. Things should calm down soon enough.

2) I didn't want to spend too much time working on Loremaster.org while Red Aegis was in development. It will grow back to it's former self. In fact, there could be some rather exciting an interesting news regarding it, and another rather large website (don't worry, I'm not selling).

3) Ed turned over his work on Red Aegis. Ooooh eeeeemmmm geeeeee. It's pretty surreal to think that one of my favorite storytellers has put his touch on our world. He can take a grain of sand and turn it into a world. Keep your eyes peeled.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 04 Feb 2014 : 20:40:56
Matt, any word on the status of the Loremaster forums?
Matt James Posted - 04 Feb 2014 : 15:30:13
Jeremy, thanks!

As of now, in February, we're moving into beta testing. That means our backers will soon get to playtest as well. All is rolling along and we're soon to take the book and explode in ways only Realms fans can appreciate (lore, content, and yummy gooey story!).
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 06:50:25
For those of you following or participating in the devlopment of Red Aegis, Matt James has posted a November update that's worth a read.
Matt James Posted - 15 Oct 2013 : 21:58:42
If anyone here at the Keep pledged to Red Aegis and needs access to the backer-only forum. Head over to Loremaster.org and sign up. We're starting to put some stuff out there.
Matt James Posted - 02 Sep 2013 : 22:07:25
Woot! Slacker!
The Red Walker Posted - 30 Aug 2013 : 20:12:55
Thanks Matt, Now I'm a backer and a Slacker Backer!
The Red Walker Posted - 27 Aug 2013 : 15:40:51
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

We have a Slacker Backer option, if you missed out on something. Check it out here: http://www.loremaster.org/content.php?317-Red-Aegis-SLACKER-BACKER-option

Thanks, I'll check it out soon and make sure my backing is where I wanted it to be.
Matt James Posted - 25 Aug 2013 : 16:39:03
We have a Slacker Backer option, if you missed out on something. Check it out here: http://www.loremaster.org/content.php?317-Red-Aegis-SLACKER-BACKER-option
The Red Walker Posted - 24 Aug 2013 : 20:59:39
quote:

Only 3 hours left. Jump in while you can. We would be more than happy to sign anything you want at the next Candlekeep seminar at Gen Con.

crap! I funded a level to low, i think.....I wanted to get the Unleashed stuff and not sure if I do at Sage level.

oh well...im still glad it's happening
Dalor Darden Posted - 24 Aug 2013 : 04:48:36
It finished off very well...
The Sage Posted - 24 Aug 2013 : 03:22:47
quote:

Only 3 hours left. Jump in while you can. We would be more than happy to sign anything you want at the next Candlekeep seminar at Gen Con.

I've spent most of yesterday and today reminding even the most peripherally-connected gamer [RPG, video games, tabletop games, etc.] at most of the locales I frequent to pledge for this Kickstarter.

I get the feeling that RED AEGIS will come to eventually offer a little something for just about every fan of gaming in general.
Matt James Posted - 24 Aug 2013 : 00:02:51
The Red Walker Posted - 23 Aug 2013 : 20:30:15
quote:

FIVE (5) days remaining. If you haven't jumped on. You might want to consider it now. We won't be able to replicate the value you'll get by supporting via Kickstarter. At those beneficial levels, you'll get a bucket-load of content, add-ons, and additional games.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vorpalgames/red-aegis-roleplaying-game

Wow. I almost missed out on this. Even though time will most likely not allow me to play, I am more than happy to support you guys and grab a hardcopy (hopefully to get signatures at a future con).

Congrats on getting funded and more importantly, congrats on your team. It's like you got the entire first round of a fantasy draft. This project will rock.
Markustay Posted - 23 Aug 2013 : 19:01:43
Just pledged.

Another $2236 to the next stretch-goal, with only EIGHT HOURS left.

If you have any interest in this project, PLEDGE NOW. Quick... before the zombies eat your brains!!!
Matt James Posted - 19 Aug 2013 : 01:53:23
FIVE (5) days remaining. If you haven't jumped on. You might want to consider it now. We won't be able to replicate the value you'll get by supporting via Kickstarter. At those beneficial levels, you'll get a bucket-load of content, add-ons, and additional games.

George Krashos Posted - 12 Aug 2013 : 07:00:51
I think the Tactics expansion is an awesome stretch goal that will give lots of gaming joy to all. Now, for the tall guy.

-- George Krashos
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 12 Aug 2013 : 04:35:24
Over on the Loremaster forums Brian R. James recently answered some questions about the Red Aegis game system and gave some details on the scope of the game. Worth a look.
Markustay Posted - 12 Aug 2013 : 03:26:31
Ladies & gentlemen, we have TACTICS.

One more stretch-goal reached; lets get that Erik DeBie story now...
The Sage Posted - 11 Aug 2013 : 04:23:25
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

I finally got around to backing this project. I'm looking forward to everything to do with Red Aegis as the days and months go by. This will be good.

I've felt an near-overwhelming sense of contentment since backing this project.

I'm really pleased with practically everything I've read so far about RED AEGIS. I look forward to what we'll learn next!
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 10 Aug 2013 : 22:36:41
I finally got around to backing this project. I'm looking forward to everything to do with Red Aegis as the days and months go by. This will be good.
Matt James Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 13:11:27
We've blown past unlocking the Red Aegis Hacker's Guide to FATE CORE (woohoo!) and are now chipping away at the tactical miniatures game! Then on to 13th Age!
Markustay Posted - 08 Aug 2013 : 14:10:47
Aren't they both 'good eggs'?

I should change my name to Edward Elric Grossbottom....

NAHHHHHHHHHH...
Dark Wizard Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 23:46:55
I was thinking EGG as E. Gary Gygax for a second there.

Congrats to the James Brothers and associated contributors for a successful project. I know there are some days left, but this thing is funded and well on its way.
Dalor Darden Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 22:44:37
I love EGG (Ed Greenwood Goodness)
Markustay Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 11:08:43
Second Stretch-Goal reached!!!

Now we get some of that great Greenwoodiness we all love and crave.
ksu_bond Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 05:19:12
More Ed fiction indeed!!! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vorpalgames/red-aegis-roleplaying-game
The Sage Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 04:04:43
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

RED AEGIS only is about $800 away from unlocking short fiction by Ed Greenwood! I cannot wait to see Ed breath life into this setting.

More Ed-fiction?

Squee!
Brian R. James Posted - 05 Aug 2013 : 18:08:19
Thanks for backing Sage! We really appreciate it.

RED AEGIS only is about $800 away from unlocking short fiction by Ed Greenwood! I cannot wait to see Ed breath life into this setting.

Markustay Posted - 04 Aug 2013 : 14:03:36
quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

Tactics would come with 45K :-D
In best Homer Simpson voice...

UH-DOH!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000