Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 About Simbul

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
maxter Posted - 21 Jan 2013 : 21:40:07
I dont know if here's the right place for my question but i will take the shot.

Right now i'm narrating a 3.5e ( 1374DR ) game and its located on Aglarond , i read somewhere that shes missing at this point , i probably saw it on UE book but i cant find the text right now.

Is it true ? Or im doing a blasphemy ?

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hashimashadoo Posted - 19 Nov 2013 : 06:21:00
The last extended period of the Simbul's absence (before the famous one in 1425 that you guys are talking about) I have recorded in my GHotR expansion was in 1367 DR.
Alruane Posted - 19 Nov 2013 : 01:50:32
Hmm curious.
SirUrza Posted - 23 Oct 2013 : 19:45:17
Contingencies upon Contingencies I say.
Seravin Posted - 29 Jan 2013 : 00:10:03
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

I read El Enraged. Seemed pretty clear to me that the Simbul is "dead." While it would not be at all unheard of for Mystra to resurrect one of her Chosen, she did say to the Simbul that soon she could rest forever.

Also apparently dead forever is Symrustar Auglammer (another Chosen) who El just happened upon in the Underdark. Her character was introduced in El In Myth Drannor.

Ed through THO has basically said the Simbul's story is not done. I was upset at first but after hearing what she (THO) wrote here at the Keep after the book came out I calmed down. I'm sure the Simbul is not "dead" in a permanent way.
Markustay Posted - 28 Jan 2013 : 13:55:04
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I'm of the opinion that anybody who dedicates themselves to worship a goddess who blows up every second week is already insane.

Only from our point of view (which is why the setting got so hokey from 1e-4e). We have to remember Elminster lived with the SAME goddess for most of his 1000+ years.

I just realize something - we should pity any world that becomes a D&D setting. From the point of its publication it becomes a rollercoaster of horrific events.

I picture people at TSR/WotC looking through their scrying glasses for more worlds to plund... err... detail, and folks on worlds huddling in fright as the 'giant eye in the sky' passes them over...

"Phew... they decided we were too boring... thank goodness..."
Markustay Posted - 28 Jan 2013 : 13:45:34
Guess thats one book I no longer have to read.

Spoilers:
Anyhow, Manshoon 'killed' Elminster, and he was still 'alive' (sort of) at the end of Die Elminster, and Selune was still around as well after her own death (although she was sligtly more dead then El... isn't it odd how we can have 'degrees of deadness' in D&D?)

So being dead in D&D doesn't really mean the same thing as being dead in the RW. Its a temporary inconvenience, at best.
The Masked Mage Posted - 28 Jan 2013 : 10:17:02
I read El Enraged. Seemed pretty clear to me that the Simbul is "dead." While it would not be at all unheard of for Mystra to resurrect one of her Chosen, she did say to the Simbul that soon she could rest forever.

Also apparently dead forever is Symrustar Auglammer (another Chosen) who El just happened upon in the Underdark. Her character was introduced in El In Myth Drannor.
Ayrik Posted - 23 Jan 2013 : 19:17:09
I'm of the opinion that anybody who dedicates themselves to worship a goddess who blows up every second week is already insane.
Dennis Posted - 23 Jan 2013 : 09:51:46
quote:
Originally posted by maxter

Right now i'm narrating a 3.5e ( 1374DR ) game and its located on Aglarond , i read somewhere that shes missing at this point, i probably saw it on UE book but i cant find the text right now.
Prior to the Spellplague, Alassra had been leaving Aglarond to do Mystra-only-knew-what, and always managed to return. Her most prolonged absence was after the Spellplauge---the plague rendered her insane.
Euranna Posted - 23 Jan 2013 : 00:57:06
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Canon date for the 4E Spellplague is 1385DR.

The infamous FR Wiki gives a synopsis of the Simbul's activities and locations, although I haven't read whatever Elminster novel isn't cited so I can't confirm the wiki's accuracy.

I have read them and it follows what occured in El Enraged. At least, that is how it is explained to us. Who knows what "really" happened to someone as connected to Mystra and as powerful as The Simbul is in the Art.
Ayrik Posted - 22 Jan 2013 : 04:38:02
Canon date for the 4E Spellplague is 1385DR.

The infamous FR Wiki gives a synopsis of the Simbul's activities and locations, although I haven't read whatever Elminster novel isn't cited so I can't confirm the wiki's accuracy.
Xar Zarath Posted - 22 Jan 2013 : 04:18:34
I thought she was missing after the events of the Spellplague?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000