Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Forgotten Realms Audio Books

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 08 Jan 2013 : 15:58:03
Now that WotC is releasing backlist books in audio format, an updated list of available audiobooks would be a great addition to the Candlekeep forum. To start things off, here's my 1/8/13 releases:

Evermeet
Tangled Webs
Windwalker
Best of the Realms Book III: The Stories of Elaine Cunningham

(Not sure why Daughter of the Drow isn't on the list, but I'm looking into it.)

There are also two anthology releases today:

Realms of Infamy
Realms of the Arcane
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ErinMEvans Posted - 02 Dec 2014 : 20:22:29
quote:
Originally posted by Swoff

Thanks Erin!
That works out well and will be an extra stocking stuffer, lol.
I really enjoy your work and look forward to enjoying more of it in the future!
If you have any new stuff a brewin', let us know ;o)

You're very welcome.

Right now, I'm working on the fifth Brimstone Angels book, Ashes of the Tyrants
Swoff Posted - 01 Dec 2014 : 15:34:56
Thanks Erin!
That works out well and will be an extra stocking stuffer, lol.
I really enjoy your work and look forward to enjoying more of it in the future!
If you have any new stuff a brewin', let us know ;o)
ErinMEvans Posted - 30 Nov 2014 : 20:44:12
quote:

Anyone know if / when Fire in the Blood will be on Audible?

Audible just posted that it will be released December 23. I don't know why it's been so delayed--I suspect it's to do with Rise of the King coming out so close, but who knows?
Swoff Posted - 30 Nov 2014 : 20:34:27
quote:
Originally posted by Sylrae

I really enjoyed the City of Ravens audiobook. Last Mythal and WotSQ were good, but City of Ravens was one I really liked.

I may have to try one of those (already read WotSQ, though).
I have a new credit I need to spend ;0)
Sylrae Posted - 23 Nov 2014 : 07:33:37
I really enjoyed the City of Ravens audiobook. Last Mythal and WotSQ were good, but City of Ravens was one I really liked.
Swoff Posted - 21 Nov 2014 : 15:58:53
Anyone know if / when Fire in the Blood will be on Audible?
Swoff Posted - 31 Oct 2014 : 15:16:28
Ha! Duly noted.
I have noticed from browsing around that your tastes are some times a few degrees off from others likes.
That's ok, though. My range of enjoyment is fairly broad ;0)

I just finished listening to the 2 Brimstone Angels books as well, so I might as well keep going.
Thanks Wooly!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Oct 2014 : 14:57:11
quote:

Ok....I can't decide.
I have a credit and am trying to decide on The Adversary or starting the Avatar Trilogy.
Thoughts?

If you have read the rest of the Sundering books, I'd continue with The Adversary. I will also note that I quite enjoyed that book; out of the 5 Sundering novels I've read thus far, it was the most enjoyable by far. A caveat, though: Aside from some of the earliest Realms stuff, my taste in Realms novels is sometimes wildly divergent from others. I've not cared for a lot of stuff that others quite enjoyed, like the Erevis Cale or War of the Spider Queen stuff.
Swoff Posted - 31 Oct 2014 : 14:37:17
Ok....I can't decide.
I have a credit and am trying to decide on The Adversary or starting the Avatar Trilogy.
Thoughts?
Lirdolin Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 18:59:27
Probably you all know this and only I didn't get the memo:
They are currently offering the 'Legend of Drizzt' anthology (read by all-star cast) for Free at audible. :)
ElaineCunningham Posted - 05 Feb 2013 : 14:22:05
Elfshadow, Elfsong, Silver Shadows, Thornhold, Daughter of the Drow, and City of Splendors are now available from Audible.
9thChapter Posted - 25 Jan 2013 : 15:19:37
I've really enjoyed Jonathan Davies' narration with some of the Star Wars audiobooks I've tried. Michael Kramer and Kate Reading were also very strong for the two or three Wheel of Time books I've listened to.

I prefer to read, obviously, but for those long commutes it really helps. My only issue (speaking about the SW EU - haven't tried FR yet - is that those recorded prior to 2008 were abridged! Cuts something like 10 hours of story out, on average).

Would love to hear what others have experienced or advice on series, etc is.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 14 Jan 2013 : 17:08:45
All of the anthologies and short story collections are now in audio book format. Here's a link to a page on my website that lists them and gives links to each book's page on Audible.com:

http://www.elainecunningham.com/books/forgotten-realms/anthologies-and-short-story-collections/
9thChapter Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 07:45:30
The Canadian iTunes Store has pages and pages of FR audiobooks. Average price seems to be around $25. Great sound quality too. Is audible better because it has the one free download with membership or ?

The newest original world fiction from Paul Kemp (Hammer and the Blade) is also up at a steal for $11 or so.
Dennis Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 04:50:26
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

My characters have faintly British accents, though Shadowbane himself has more of a BATMAN accent.
The lisp Christian Bale?
Ayrik Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 01:31:59
How could Erik possibly expect a Candlekeep scroll to stay on the rails after mentioning Batman?
The Sage Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 01:02:59
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Batman's snarling whisper is an accent? Or do you mean the Adam West version?

West's Batman-voice was more a suave-whisper. Bale relied more heavily on the grittiness of the snarling-Frank Milleresque-Batman-voice.

Kevin Conroy's Animated Batman is probably my favourite "voice" for the character.
Ayrik Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 00:30:17
Batman's snarling whisper is an accent? Or do you mean the Adam West version?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 12 Jan 2013 : 00:14:29
I know Shadowbane and Shadowbane: Eye of Justice are both up there. My characters have faintly British accents, though Shadowbane himself has more of a BATMAN accent.

Realms of the Elves[/i] is also available, which offers a previously unknown chance to get hold of it since it went out of print. To my knowledge, it's not available as an ebook.

Cheers
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 11 Jan 2013 : 22:19:00
Well, I thought it was a complete list. Good catch, Elaine.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 11 Jan 2013 : 21:11:00
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

For a complete list of FR audiobooks, click the link below, then Search "Forgotten Realms."

http://www.audible.com

This is a good resource, but the search results are not as complete as they should be; for example, Evermeet doesn't come up with "Forgotten Realms" search. They may be others missing, but I can't tell.

Moral of the story: If you don't find a particular FR book with a general FR search, try searching on the author or title's name.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 11 Jan 2013 : 21:10:03
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

For a complete list of FR audiobooks, click the link below, then Search "Forgotten Realms."

This is a good resource, but the search results are not as complete as they should be; for example, Evermeet doesn't come up with "Forgotten Realms" search. They may be others missing, but I can't tell.

Moral of the story: If you don't find a particular FR book with a general FR search, try searching on the author or title's name.
Dennis Posted - 11 Jan 2013 : 04:50:36

I happen to frequent that site since, well, time immemorial.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 11 Jan 2013 : 04:38:23

Kajehase Posted - 10 Jan 2013 : 02:52:01
And checking in on iTunes a bit later, I find Tangled Webs and Windwalker as well.
Dennis Posted - 09 Jan 2013 : 09:14:13

Great news! Fantastic gifts to my blind friend.
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2013 : 00:56:56
I'm particularly happy to learn that both Evermeet and Elaine's Best of ... compilation have received the audio-book treatment. This will make for some rather entertaining "audio-reads" on the train ride to work!
ElaineCunningham Posted - 08 Jan 2013 : 20:37:41
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

At least Evermeet and the two anthologies are available on itunes as well.

Really! That's great news. I'll look up the links and add them to my book info pages.
ErinMEvans Posted - 08 Jan 2013 : 19:01:35
Brimstone Angels
Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils
The God Catcher

are also out today, along with a bunch more!

EDIT: Audible has a page for the D&D books, where you can separate out teh Forgotten Realms titles. Its a pretty big list. http://www.audible.com/mt/Dungeons_and_Dragons_Complete
Kajehase Posted - 08 Jan 2013 : 18:04:31
At least Evermeet and the two anthologies are available on itunes as well.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000