Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Night Knives

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razz Posted - 22 Aug 2012 : 03:51:34
So I see the Night Knives guild is active in Saerloon, as stated in a few Forgotten Realms sourcebooks.

However, I am receiving some confusion about the location of their activities.

Forgotten Realms Adventures sourcebook, it is said the Night Knives are an autonomous guild there, with no relation to "Night Knives" in other cities.

So did Paul Kemp change the location of their network or did he just expand their influence in his Erevis Cale books? I've read the main setting is the city of Selgaunt, a city the same sourcebook said where the Night Knives can be found and do their work in as well. (which is contradictory to what "FR Adventures" suggests)

So do the events in the Erevis Cale books regarding the Selgaunt Night Knives affect the Saerloon guild as well or are they still considered separate units? I read the entire guild was destroyed by a greater dread, but I don't know how that is so considering they have agents in both cities, not just Selgaunt. Does the Saerloon one continue to function? Did the Righteous Man rule over the guilds in both cities or was he mainly Selgaunt's leader?

Much appreciated for any details regarding this. I have a PC with a rogue tiefling from Thay now making his home in Saerloon and looking to join, so I am looking for as much official info as possible before I creatively fill in the blanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 13:42:23
You might want to ask Paul in his scroll.
Icelander Posted - 30 Aug 2012 : 12:46:08
Kind of curious about this myself. Of course, I could make up all the details for my own campaign, but if Kemp or anyone else had thought about this, I'd like to see their spin. In case I'd like to use it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000