Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Crownblade and Selu'kiira

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Veritas Posted - 05 May 2012 : 02:13:51
These questions are not really a setting specific question, (although I suppose it falls best under 2e or 3e)

Background
As I recall the Crownblade/Ruler's Blade/Ar'cor Kerym has three selu'kiira, (two black, one red) embedded in the hilt, which made at least some of its knowledge available to whoever became attuned to it.

As a reminder, selu'kiira (high lore gems) contain memories of its previous bearers,including knowledge of high magic. These gems grow darker as more memories are stored in the gem. The oldest selu'kiira are black and they become red in their final stage (with around 3000 or so years of memories if I recall).

In gameplay, those memories don't become instantly available to a character, i.e., they don't assume the combined character levels of the memories in the gem. That would probably shatter nearly any character's mind.

In Cormanthyr (2e), Ualair the Silent, then a 24th level high mage, possessed a green selu'kiira.

Question:
Although it is never specifically mapped out, if a character, (or demigod, powerful psionicist), if a character could somehow access and absorb (safely) the combined knowledge of the three sel'kiira in the Ruler's Blade, around what character level (or wizard level) would (or should) he be catapulted to?

The Srinshee wielded the Ruler's Blade for a time, and, in another scroll int his forum, Ed's estimate of her level was somewhere in the mid 50s (as opposed to the level 30 she was stuck at in supplements). Did her memories become embedded in the selu'kiira of the Ruler's Blade?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Veritas Posted - 06 May 2012 : 04:01:14
I would just like to add that for anyone interested in the answers to the questions posted here, Ed weighed in on the issues at the following scroll: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15988&whichpage=22
Veritas Posted - 05 May 2012 : 15:47:20
I'm not very up on 4e but I thought characters capped out at 30 with even greater deities at around level 35. I preferred the 2e/3e unlimited advancement myself myself conceptually, even if it breaks down mechanically.

I ask because in a campaign my group is developing, we're toying with the idea of a new (evil) demigod draining all the knowledge from those lore gems, and currently am speculating at their power.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take some of this to Ed's scroll.

sfdragon Posted - 05 May 2012 : 03:38:46
Ias my take on the gems, that they shared its knowledge with the wearer.

but to your question, in 2e/3e over lvl 30.
4e lvl 40

either way if one to be absorbed I'd also say imo that absorbing that kind of knowledge that quickly would lead to insanity.

the other question. Not sure and if it wasnt said you'd need to go visit the ask Ed scroll as all I know is that the crownblade contained the knowledge of three high mages.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000