Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Joe Abercrombie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artemas Entreri Posted - 27 Mar 2012 : 19:44:25
Does anyone know if Joe Abercrombie's books will be released in the mass market (small)paperback size? So far the only one i have found and purchased was Best Served Cold I didn't see anything on Barnes & Noble.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Quale Posted - 30 Mar 2012 : 08:04:47
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Abercrombie is a relatively new fantasy writer of some merit, though his biography doesn't include any D&D or FR titles. I remember reading one of his books (his pen name is unusual), but I can't actually recall which book or very much about it, suggesting to me that it was much less memorable than other books I was reading at the time. It must've been at least average or I would've tossed it.

what were these other memorable books?
The Sage Posted - 28 Mar 2012 : 01:44:42
I'm sure some of them have already been released in paperback.

I do recall the Lady K possessing a mass market paperback of The Blade Itself.
Kentinal Posted - 27 Mar 2012 : 20:11:30
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Not familiar with him... What Realms novels did he write?

Search appears to indicate nothing at all for the Realms.
Ayrik Posted - 27 Mar 2012 : 20:04:46
Abercrombie is a relatively new fantasy writer of some merit, though his biography doesn't include any D&D or FR titles. I remember reading one of his books (his pen name is unusual), but I can't actually recall which book or very much about it, suggesting to me that it was much less memorable than other books I was reading at the time. It must've been at least average or I would've tossed it.

Wikipedia states "In 2011, Abercrombie signed a deal with Gollancz for 4 more books...". Gollancz is a (smallish) British publisher, but their books are often available in Canada and the USA through Barnes & Noble and other distributors. All these companies also sell through Amazon. It's anyone guess what print size these new books will be, although since they're intended to continue a series they're likely to retain the same form factor as the first book.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Mar 2012 : 19:51:23
Not familiar with him... What Realms novels did he write?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000