Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Plantlife of Faerun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cassie5squared Posted - 13 Mar 2012 : 00:23:50
I've been looking around for various lists of Faerunian plants, specifically those you'd expect to find in the Silver Marches/High Forest, but haven't had a great deal of luck - it's been mostly fanon lists I've come across. Are there any official lists for these (and possibly their uses) lying around somewhere?

(And if I've missed an obvious location, feel free to point me at it and bap me on the head with a rolled-up parchment. )
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 18 Mar 2012 : 01:02:41
-Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark has mentions of various Underdark plantlife (mainly lichens and mushrooms) scattered across it.
Bladewind Posted - 17 Mar 2012 : 18:54:57
Power of Faerun has a small collection of herbs mentioned to grow in marshes.

As the Silver Marches has, apart from marsh land, climes of hilly tundras, steppes and plateaus, keep an eye out for low vegetation that tends to clutter near eachother. Bluegrass, lichen, moss, bloodstaunch, winter-rose and a few others shrubs and berry sprouting plants can be found in such ecosystems. Below the treeline (and the regions with permafrost) the most prominent tree is usually pine, with on humid flatlands the occasional oak and duskwood tree.

Markustay Posted - 13 Mar 2012 : 17:02:44
I used to have a list, primarily from the El's Ecologies books, and few other sources. I no longer have those lists (I started one for animals as well). Sorry.
Cassie5squared Posted - 13 Mar 2012 : 09:34:26
Thanks, guys! Though I did check out Alaundo's Library and didn't actually find anything useful. I'll take a look at the books I have, though, and read them more carefully.
Ayrik Posted - 13 Mar 2012 : 00:33:49
Descriptions about plants and herbs of the Realms are scattered throughout many sources, but the best places to look would probably be Elminster's Ecologies and Volo's Guides (especially Volo's Guide to All Things Magical). Numerous modules from all editions describe one or a few "local" herbs of interest, FRC1 Ruins of Adventure (Pool of Radiance) is one of these. You will also find some herblore in Alaundo's Library.
Irennan Posted - 13 Mar 2012 : 00:28:31
As far as I remember, 'The Silver Marches' sourcebook has some paragraphs dedicated to the Flora in the region.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000