Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for Elves of Faerun pdf "Magic Items"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
StarFyre Posted - 27 Dec 2011 : 02:16:18
Hello,

I'm new to this site; i came across it while researching something for a campaign and found these pdfs (volume 1, 3, 4) regarding Elves of Faerun.

I then found http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19848934/Elves_of_Faer%C3%BBn:_Directory?post_id=337914218#337914218

which mentions magic items (which i am very interested in) however, the links do not work as that other site no longer exists.

Does anyone have the pdf with the artifacts and magic items in it?

Please contact me if you do :)

(the pdfs 1, 3,4 don`t have them and i can`t find 2 anywhere)

Regards,

Sanjay
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xandegar Posted - 28 Jul 2020 : 05:20:27
I too would like to contribute and would even be willing to publish your content on your behalf if your interested. Considering the current edition of the game which I don't like or play) has VERY LITTLE actual content and their 'selective' editing of 1E and 2E material leaves much to be desired, which is ironic since The Realms is their default world now.
Greyholme Posted - 03 Nov 2019 : 09:34:22
Yeah I need as much as I can get about elves too....
Mordriel Posted - 27 May 2019 : 06:43:15
Right on, pm sent!
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 May 2019 : 04:24:04
-PM me
Cards77 Posted - 27 May 2019 : 00:21:27
quote:
Originally posted by Mordriel

Hello,

Is there a working link to Lord Karsus' Elves of Faerun books? The Deviant links aren't working anymore.

Thanks in advance

I 2nd this. I'm also in need of it.
Mordriel Posted - 26 May 2019 : 13:31:11
Hello,

Is there a working link to Lord Karsus' Elves of Faerun books? The Deviant links aren't working anymore.

Thanks in advance
Lord Karsus Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 01:20:33
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Are you at all interested in having some help to get these other 3 volumes completed? I'd leave the final compilation/PDF conversion to you, but I'd love to help out if it will get these documents into a finished form.

-Even though the project is more or less in hibernation, anyone is always welcome to contribute. Given, though, that of the things that are not published, I would say that maybe only a third (if even) of all of it is stuff I've already done, I would not hold your breath on it all getting done.
Jakk Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 22:43:44
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Anything linked in the directory that says 'Completed by X' is finished. Things that are listed but aren't finished are either written up to varying degrees of incompletion, or just blank MS Word documents. I have no problems sending anything that is unfinished anyone's way, but e-mailing hundreds of files at once is a bit unwieldy. Sage, and anyone else who asked, pick out a few articles, and I'll send them your way, and ask back in a few days and I can send some more- staggering is much easier.

Are you at all interested in having some help to get these other 3 volumes completed? I'd leave the final compilation/PDF conversion to you, but I'd love to help out if it will get these documents into a finished form.
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 19:32:51
-I'm not going to release everything, because it's not all finished. If/when people want one or two things, I have no problem sending them e-mails with the stuff on a request basis. But, I'm not going to put everything in a large dump, because it's not done.
Zireael Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 19:04:47
quote:

-No problem. I guess I probably should make another thread somewhere about what 'unpublished' stuff I have available, and how to get it.

I agree wholeheartedly!
sommers Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 04:30:58
Sorry Lord Karsus, that's what I meant, the unpublished source material that was never used to complete the other sections, like the magic items. You can still go to the thread at WOTC and see the links to some of the magic items, but they go to the realms vault and don't exist anymore.

I second (or fourth, not sure which) the request to find a place somewhere to download a whole zip file. Storage space and bandwidth are cheap!
Fellfire Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 22:24:36
That would be great. Google Docs or Dropbox would be two easy methods of sharing.
Lord Karsus Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 22:20:02
-No problem. I guess I probably should make another thread somewhere about what 'unpublished' stuff I have available, and how to get it.
Fellfire Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 19:35:14
PM sent, Lord Karsus. Thank you. The email/PM here can sometimes be somewhat cumbersome.
Lord Karsus Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 19:13:20
-I clicked on your e-mail in your profile, and it kept freezing on me. Plus, I need to attach the file. Send me a PM with your e-mail so I can get it through to you.

quote:
Originally posted by sommers

Any chance that Lord Karsus has put up an archive of the source material from the Elves of Sourcebook? Either somewhere else, or on here? I'd love to see some of the stuff already done.

Thanks.

-My sources are listed on the last page of each released .PDF file. In Volume I, it's page 187, in Volume III, it's page 41, and in Volume VI, I apparently forgot to put it in.
Fellfire Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 14:27:56
Lord Karsus, (or Sage or anyone else) if you've still got copies of the Magical Items, I would love a copy of Avariel Lances. My email is listed in my profile. Many thanks.
Zireael Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 09:31:26
Lord Karsus's Deviant Art or http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19848926/Elven_Netbook?pg=221.
sommers Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 05:20:02
Any chance that Lord Karsus has put up an archive of the source material from the Elves of Sourcebook? Either somewhere else, or on here? I'd love to see some of the stuff already done.

Thanks.
Ayrik Posted - 05 Jan 2012 : 05:37:59
Stop considering and just do it, Wooly! (Then post the linky here for us leeches.)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jan 2012 : 04:34:36
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Hi LK,

Do you have a GMail or Goolge+ account? With either you should be able to set up a Google Docs account for free. If you then zipped the files up and shared them then anyone with the link (or however you decide to share the zip file) could download all of them and sort through them at their leisure.

--Hawkins

That's similar to how I get baby pictures to my father-in-law. He's not on the Facebook, so he doesn't see it when we post baby pictures. Instead I zip up the pics, upload them to my website, and send him the link.

I've actually considered putting some of the stuff I've written for the Compendium up there on my site, as well.
Hawkins Posted - 05 Jan 2012 : 04:15:13
Hi LK,

Do you have a GMail or Goolge+ account? With either you should be able to set up a Google Docs account for free. If you then zipped the files up and shared them then anyone with the link (or however you decide to share the zip file) could download all of them and sort through them at their leisure.

--Hawkins
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Jan 2012 : 01:05:55
-Anything linked in the directory that says 'Completed by X' is finished. Things that are listed but aren't finished are either written up to varying degrees of incompletion, or just blank MS Word documents. I have no problems sending anything that is unfinished anyone's way, but e-mailing hundreds of files at once is a bit unwieldy. Sage, and anyone else who asked, pick out a few articles, and I'll send them your way, and ask back in a few days and I can send some more- staggering is much easier.
althen artren Posted - 02 Jan 2012 : 21:51:37
Share, share, share! Share, share, share!
We (as in scribes) can always edit and or continue what
you have written up to suit our needs. Uncomplete
news Realms lore is always better that no new Realms lore.
The Sage Posted - 01 Jan 2012 : 08:08:25
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooo! Could I grab a copy of those items as well? [My email should be in my profile here at Candlekeep.]

-Are you interested in just those items specifically, or anything else? I have literally a few hundred MS Word files of items/places that are in varying stages of completion, that never got utilized because I never finished the Magical Items/Cities and Settlements chapters.

Well, if you're willing to share the rest, then I'll happily ask that you send whatever files you are interested in sharing with others.
Lord Karsus Posted - 01 Jan 2012 : 07:14:19
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooo! Could I grab a copy of those items as well? [My email should be in my profile here at Candlekeep.]

-Are you interested in just those items specifically, or anything else? I have literally a few hundred MS Word files of items/places that are in varying stages of completion, that never got utilized because I never finished the Magical Items/Cities and Settlements chapters.
Zireael Posted - 30 Dec 2011 : 13:57:40
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Are they not available at Lord Karsus's deviantart site?

I think the articles above are not there.
Ayrik Posted - 30 Dec 2011 : 10:36:28
Are they not available at Lord Karsus's deviantart site?
The Sage Posted - 30 Dec 2011 : 06:31:56
quote:

-Starfyre, I have the following articles finished and written up:

The Arcstaff of Khavaoerm
Spellbook of Infinite Pages
Staff of Rumathil
Staff of Travaran
(Drow Related Items: Chaeldon's Katar, Crawlchariot, Crawlchest, Daylight Pellets, Driftdisk, Drow Deathlance, Drow House Insignia, Globes, Kiss of the Dark Spider, Knockout Poison, Obsul Ssussun, Piwafwi, and Signal Specula)

-Send me a PM with your e-mail address, and the articles that you want. Each one, more or less, is 1-2 pages with historical and descriptive information of the items in question, with D&D stats in parenthesis' where applicable.

Lord Karsus Posted - 30 Dec 2011 : 05:53:03
-Starfyre, I have the following articles finished and written up:

The Arcstaff of Khavaoerm
Spellbook of Infinite Pages
Staff of Rumathil
Staff of Travaran
(Drow Related Items: Chaeldon's Katar, Crawlchariot, Crawlchest, Daylight Pellets, Driftdisk, Drow Deathlance, Drow House Insignia, Globes, Kiss of the Dark Spider, Knockout Poison, Obsul Ssussun, Piwafwi, and Signal Specula)

-Send me a PM with your e-mail address, and the articles that you want. Each one, more or less, is 1-2 pages with historical and descriptive information of the items in question, with D&D stats in parenthesis' where applicable.
althen artren Posted - 30 Dec 2011 : 02:12:22
Lord Karsus, your work is never forgotten. I consult it a couple
times a month for research.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000