Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Bard's Podium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 26 Jan 2012 : 17:55:18
A young female bard performs a brilliant piece on a legend of dwarves in faraway misty mountains...

Mod Edit: Found this scroll floating in the ethers.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 11 Feb 2012 : 02:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Hey, Sage! We share a taste in common, methinks! Love WT, myself, actually.
Interesting. I prefer a lot of their earlier material, but the more recent albums they've released also have their charm too.
quote:
Nightwish is also great. "Nemo" is my fave of theirs.
It has the right harmonic balance of symphony and rock, as I see it.

I presume you're familiar with their "Lord of the Rings"/DRAGONLANCE-related "Wishmaster" song?
quote:
Hmm, now you've got me thinking about bard songs for FR. (Psst, when are you ever going to send me some of that music lore stuff to work on? For that matter, I seem to have forgotten what the project was. Darn Sage Time!!!)

I'll need to look into my notebooks for this. I dimly recall something about my either composing Realms-music lore for something you'd written, or was it about our collaborative work on bardic liches?
Dennis Posted - 11 Feb 2012 : 02:32:11

Sounds like the 60's music my grandfather used to play.
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 10 Feb 2012 : 21:03:20
Next performance on the stage might have been inspired by the Spellplague... or by the discussions the event has created within the halls of Candlekeep... Mike Batt & Friends: Imbecile

Enjoy the lyrics as well as the music
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 10 Feb 2012 : 01:06:08
Hey, Sage! We share a taste in common, methinks! Love WT, myself, actually. Nightwish is also great. "Nemo" is my fave of theirs. Hmm, now you've got me thinking about bard songs for FR. (Psst, when are you ever going to send me some of that music lore stuff to work on? For that matter, I seem to have forgotten what the project was. Darn Sage Time!!!)
Dennis Posted - 09 Feb 2012 : 01:11:29

Love it! Thanks, Mumadar, for sharing! Now checking out their other songs.
The Sage Posted - 09 Feb 2012 : 00:55:58
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

In a completely different musical genre, a group of bards worshipping the deities of fury have this song to Auril: Ice Queen

Great choice, Mumadar. Within Temptation happen to be one of my favourite symphonic metal bands.
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 08 Feb 2012 : 20:54:41
In a completely different musical genre, a group of bards worshipping the deities of fury have this song to Auril: Ice Queen
Wolfhound75 Posted - 08 Feb 2012 : 14:48:48
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

I've always liked the song in the US movie King Arthur as well. Specifically, the one after the bishop arrives to speak to Arthur and his knights. Bors' wife is serving drinks and the knights railroad her into singing. I don't know what the name of it is but you'll know you have the correct song if it contains the lyrics "We will go home...we will go home...we will go home, across the mountains...."

I don't know if it's actually the actress singing but whomever it is has a fantastic voice.

Good Hunting!
Bladewind Posted - 08 Feb 2012 : 13:24:02
Soothing...

But on a related note, do dwarven women have a vocal range limited to lower tenors? Or are dwarven ladies contenders for reaching the highest notes in FR opera's (I guess elves, hin and gnomes would probably be very agile soprano's).

Didn't Ed mention that the best singers in the realms are whales???
Thauranil Posted - 08 Feb 2012 : 11:03:15
Thanks for sharing this. i love old Tolkien's songs and poems.
Markustay Posted - 05 Feb 2012 : 19:58:03
Ethereal.

Freakin' awesome - thanks for sharing this.
Dennis Posted - 05 Feb 2012 : 13:13:40

Really nice. One does not need to be a fan of dwarves to appreciate this performance. Well done, ShadowCa7!
sfdragon Posted - 05 Feb 2012 : 07:34:41
there seems to be a few to many posts being lost in the ether these days Sage.

oh yeah.... nice music...
Fellfire Posted - 05 Feb 2012 : 05:26:50
I got sucked in and watched some more of her videos and...um...whoa!
The Sage Posted - 05 Feb 2012 : 05:03:26
Very nice!

I'm almost tempted to provide some Realms-specific lyrics for this and compose my own rendition.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 05 Feb 2012 : 05:00:16
Wow! This is really, really awesome. Thankee for sharing.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000