Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Knightfall Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 05:59:06
Hi all,

I've decided to take the plunge and join the forums here at Candlekeep. Normally, I'm a mainstay on EN World and The Piazza. As EN World has moved more towards 4E and Pathfinder, I've found myself looking elsewhere for good discussions based on the older editions. I'm a huge fan of 3E and a long time fan of the 2E Forgotten Realms.

I've collected many of the 3E Realms books and love the detailed information in the books. However, my favorite version of the Realms will always be the 2E version. (I do have the 1e boxed set, however.) 2E is where I started and I am very nostalgic about the 2E FR boxed sets/books. I love my City of Splendors boxed set and won't ever give it up!

I'm not enamored with what WotC has done with the 4E version of the Realms, but I don't hate it. (I have the two main books.)

Anyway, glad to be here.

Cheers!

Robert Blezard
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

p.s. Some of you might know me as the guy who wrote (and, hopefully, will finish) Realmsian Dragonstar.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Knightfall Posted - 26 Jan 2012 : 16:26:09
Thanks, I'll be around to discuss the new version of the Realms as we learn more.
Farrel Posted - 24 Jan 2012 : 14:14:30
Welcome to Candlekeep!
Thelonius Posted - 23 Jan 2012 : 16:19:04
Welcome to the Candlekeep
Artemas Entreri Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 18:00:42
Welcome to Candlekeep! :)
Knightfall Posted - 22 Jan 2012 : 05:14:46
After a bit of an absence from these forums, I've come back to see what is new here and find out what you all think about WotC's announcement of D&D Next.
Knightfall Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 17:40:04
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Heh. Original Realmslore? Don't miss Ed's threads, or the So Saith Ed compendiums of them. Think of them as six or so hardbound Realms sourcebooks, that just don't happen to exist in print or have tables of contents. Ed has given us literally hundreds of tidbits of lore about the Realms since I dragged him into interacting with the Keep.
love,
THO

Thanks THO,

I've looked at the compendiums (at least I think that's what I was looking at), but I haven't delved into it too much. The formatting was a little tough for me to follow. Are there compiled PDFs somewhere on Candlekeep that I missed?
The Hooded One Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 16:26:59
Heh. Original Realmslore? Don't miss Ed's threads, or the So Saith Ed compendiums of them. Think of them as six or so hardbound Realms sourcebooks, that just don't happen to exist in print or have tables of contents. Ed has given us literally hundreds of tidbits of lore about the Realms since I dragged him into interacting with the Keep.
love,
THO
Knightfall Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 07:48:41
Here's a list of my favorite places on Toril...

-> Waterdeep and Undermountain
-> Al-Qadim
-> Shadowdale
-> Anauroch
-> Shining South
-> Old Empires
-> Unapproachable East
-> The Hordelands and Kara-Tur
-> Maztica
-> Vilhon Reach
-> Ravens Bluff
Knightfall Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 07:36:34
BTW,

Here's a link to that Realmsian Dragonstar thing I mentioned...

http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5894

Knightfall Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 07:34:16
Thanks all. I'm glad to be here.

I've always known that Candlekeep was a great site for Realmslore, but I didn't realize how much original content there was on here.

I've already downloaded all the Candlekeep Compendiums.
Kajehase Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 12:31:12
Bah. What's the Canadians ever done for the Forgotten Realms.

Welcome Knightfall.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 07:00:53
Welcome to Candlekeep, Knightfall! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.
Sith_Lord_Drizzt Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 16:36:10
Welcome Knightfall! I was born and raised in Edmonton!
Hawkins Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 16:06:59
Greetings and well met, Kinghtfall!
Blueblade Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 15:29:03
And don't be shy about posting questions for the many Realms writers and designers here, in particular the creator of the whole show himself, Ed Greenwood, who speaks to us here at the Keep through one of his longtime players, The Hooded One . . .
Welcome!
BB
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 10:13:54
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000