Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Abyssal Plague

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seabus Mythforger Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 07:17:34
Mahalo my fellow travelers!

This may be a rather silly question but I can't help but ask it. What is the deal with The Abyssal Plague? I've been seeing ads for it all over the place (mostly the internet and in the back of my paperbacks) and I can't quite get a grip on where it lies in Realmslore. Some of them say they are Forgotten Realms while other say they are DnD but yet still others say they are Dark Sun. I don't have many friends out here that are willing to play table-top RPGs so I don't know much about Dark Sun or even current DnD (I think the last time I played DnD was 2nd edition) and was wondering what the plot of it is and if I could follow along with it if I were to pick it up somewhere. Should I just stick to the novels with the FR logo on them or should I read the entire series?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
phranctoast Posted - 04 Oct 2011 : 15:15:24
Does the plague destroy the souls of the people in inhabits?

It appears to turn them into demons which inherently have no souls...
Or would the presence of a soul before supersede that?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 22:38:07
Nope, I don't think you'll get lost. The Core DnD universe is fairly straight-forward and not lore-heavy, and I would trust those Dark Sun authors to tell a story that doesn't require pre-knowledge of the world. Then again, if you get lost, just look Dark Sun up on google, and you're probably good.

Unless of course you find you LOVE Dark Sun as much as FR. That'd be cool too. We wouldn't judge you.

Cheers
Seabus Mythforger Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 21:55:52
Thanks Erik and Dennis. Those were pretty helpful links. I guess my next question is: since I'm basically loyal to just Forgotten Realms as far as WotC goes (aside from earlier MtG novels), will I get lost by reading this? It sounds really interesting but I don't know a thing about Dark Sun and not much more about DnD universe, but I think I might give this a try.

Anything in particular I need to know before I go out and pick a few of these up?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 16:22:00
Seabus, check out this link as well: http://wizards.com/dnd/Feature.aspx?x=dnd/feature/abyssalplague

Cheers
Artemas Entreri Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 16:13:49
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

It's a "crossover" series.

I am glad this one isn't hosted by John Edwards
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 15:29:07
I've removed a couple of posts from this thread. We do not need real world political commentary here, please.
Dennis Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 09:29:54

Seabus, you may find this helpful.
Brimstone Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 09:18:39
One Core to Rule them all...
Ayrik Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 08:03:11
It's a big bad event said to span every setting within the D&D cosmos.
Dennis Posted - 30 Sep 2011 : 07:43:44

It's a "crossover" series.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000