Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Resurrection!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artemas Entreri Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 14:58:04
Which series would you like to see resurrected in the form of new novel releases?
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 08 Sep 2011 : 21:24:29
Poor Greyhawk with zero votes. I admit i was never really interested in this novel line either. Though, i would have loved to have seen a story about Vecna written.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Sep 2011 : 18:06:08
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

A World of Greyhawk novel that happens in the past, during the Great Migrations.

I have heard that the old Rose Estes Greyhawk books were pretty enjoyable. I'll get around to them someday

I've heard the opposite, that they are worse than Once Around the Realms

I liked them back in the day, but looking back, I don't think I'd like them know. Especially the part about polymorphing into a wolf, mating with another wolf, and then having werewolf babies.
Marc Posted - 02 Sep 2011 : 17:27:47
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

A World of Greyhawk novel that happens in the past, during the Great Migrations.

I have heard that the old Rose Estes Greyhawk books were pretty enjoyable. I'll get around to them someday

I've heard the opposite, that they are worse than Once Around the Realms
skychrome Posted - 01 Sep 2011 : 01:27:26
Planescape! Sigil and the planes provide so many great story options...
Artemas Entreri Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 17:39:36
quote:

Marc Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 15:51:54
Artemas Entreri Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 15:17:11
Great stuff everyone! :)
Old Man Harpell Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 14:19:03
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Besides, it's nice to have some some places which remain completely preserved in their original 2E condition; I can have confidence that they will remain intact and untouched no matter what calamity befalls the rest of the cosmos.

Put like this, I have to agree. Some things are best left in pristine condition.
Seethyr Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 11:57:10
Id like a resurrection of the metacampaign where you could be traipsing around in Oerth one day and be back in the Realms the next. Planescape (and to a lesser extent Spelljammer) did this better than any so that's where my vote goes. Long live the Great Wheel.
Ayrik Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 11:25:35
I'm really quite fond of several of the settings mentioned here, as well as several more which were not.

But I would personally prefer to see D&D authors keep a strong focus on the Realms instead of dispersing their attention and invention across multiple worlds.

Besides, it's nice to have some some places which remain completely preserved in their original 2E condition; I can have confidence that they will remain intact and untouched no matter what calamity befalls the rest of the cosmos.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 10:47:51
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Planescape. I don't like horror, prefer my fiction to be a bit less bleak than Dark Sun, don't know anything about Birthright, and couldn't care less about Greyhawk.

Agreed on all counts.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 10:06:10
I say Ravenloft, but I feel that many authors are incapable of delivering a good, solid story in the Gothic tradition these days. Just my take on matters, is all.
The Sage Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 08:37:57
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Dark Sun has been resurrected already.

The DARK SUN setting has been resurrected twice, actually. Once, back in 2004 during a combination 3e/3.5e update in both DRAGON and DUNGEON Magazines, and then again with the 4e Campaign Setting and Creature Catalog.

Did they release a new Dark Sun novel in 2004? I thought City Under the Sun by Jeff Mariotte, which was released last year, was the first novel launched after the novel line ended last 1996 with Lynn Abbey's The Rise and Fall of a Dragon King.

There wasn't any new novel line for DS with the 3e update in 2004. The DRAGON and DUNGEON combination updates were simply a mini-campaign supplying DMs with updated 3e info on most of the core elements of the DARK SUN campaign setting.

There was talk, though, as I recall, of including new DS fiction in DRAGON Magazine at the time. I don't remember much coming from that, though.
Dennis Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 07:08:25
quote:

quote:

The DARK SUN setting has been resurrected twice, actually. Once, back in 2004 during a combination 3e/3.5e update in both DRAGON and DUNGEON Magazines, and then again with the 4e Campaign Setting and Creature Catalog.

Did they release a new Dark Sun novel in 2004? I thought City Under the Sun by Jeff Mariotte, which was released last year, was the first novel launched after the novel line ended last 1996 with Lynn Abbey's The Rise and Fall of a Dragon King.
Hoondatha Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 02:21:04
Planescape. I don't like horror, prefer my fiction to be a bit less bleak than Dark Sun, don't know anything about Birthright, and couldn't care less about Greyhawk. I like DS as a setting, and am playing in it currently, but for a novel, I'd prefer Planescape.
The Sage Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 02:05:07
quote:

Fellfire Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 22:54:06
Although I was never a player of the setting, I voted for Planescape. I loved the trove of lore and reference it often. I would love to find a 3.5/PF Planescape game
Dennis Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 21:57:27

Quale Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 21:25:39
Planescape, if the story happens in Sigil. Birthright if it involves the Shadow World. Don't care for the other worlds.
Old Man Harpell Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 18:36:02
I chose Birthright. Its the only setting (apart from the Realms) that I felt had enough background and detail to warrant getting all the publications produced for it, novels included (granted, not difficult, as there were but a handful published).

I like all the possible poll choices, however. Were I to be offered a place at someone's gaming table or e-mail list, I would readily play in any of them.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 16:36:45
quote:

All of the above and more!

I wish!
GRYPHON Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 16:13:58
Ravenloft...
The Sage Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 16:07:39
All of the above and more!
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 15:41:19
Ravenloft is a great setting with great stories !!!
Artemas Entreri Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 15:38:23
Loved the Ravenloft books, loved the Dark Sun books, and i thought Birthright had some potential too. Actually i think there was 1 new Dark Sun book released fairly recently...just haven't picked it up yet.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 15:32:31
Ravenloft
Diffan Posted - 30 Aug 2011 : 15:13:09
Ravenloft FTW!!!!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000