Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Rare Modules Set in the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seethyr Posted - 23 Aug 2011 : 03:24:26
On another thread someone mentioned an adventure module set in the Realms called the Shattered Statue. I honestly and truly, after 20+ years of being as thorough as I can, thought I at least knew about (if not owned) the complete collection of FR materials.

Obviously, I was wrong.

Are there any other modules like this? Rare items that might have perhaps dabbled in other game systems or had a similar story that were set in the Realms?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bragi Posted - 24 Oct 2018 : 07:18:33
Beyond what has already been mentioned, there are many RPGA related Forgotten Realms products such as Adventurers Guild, Legacy of the Green Regent, and Living Forgotten Realms not to mention all of the Living Jungle material.

Here's the list of obscure Forgotten Realms materials that I use.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?334109-Forgotten-Realms-Collector-s-Guide-(part-4)

It has links to purchase or download the ones that have been made available.

George Krashos Posted - 23 Oct 2018 : 23:27:09
No, it was a rights conflict with another game setting as I understand who already had a Ravensgate. The city was originally Sarbreenar in Ed's campaign but was given to the RPGA to play with and a name change made.

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 23 Oct 2018 : 22:43:04
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

The most obscure one I know of was the Mertwigs maze game

Best part is that Ravensbluff is called Raven's Gate - I assume because of rights conflict with Polyhedron.
The Masked Mage Posted - 23 Oct 2018 : 22:26:00
The most obscure one I know of was the Mertwigs maze game
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Oct 2018 : 10:52:21
Doing a bit of thread necromancy, here, because this is one of the few times the rare FR item "What is the Forgotten Realms, Anyway?" has ever been discussed...

It's on eBay right now, with a Buy It Now price of $15.

This is a seriously rare item, one I was hunting for years before I *accidently* bought one. If you're trying to complete a collection of FR stuff, jump on that before someone else does.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 20:43:56
quote:
Originally posted by Halidan

What a pity Wooly. I worked a a local game store when it came out and we were sent packs of 20 from each of three distributors we bought from, as well as another 20 pack from TSR itself. Even after giving one to every games customer who take one, we still had two full packs left over. I got one and my boss go the other. I still have some of them left in a box somewhere in my garage. I'd have been happy to send you one. I assume this eBay auction was after the great fire - yes/no?

Yes, the auction was a year or so back. The fire was about 4 years ago.
Halidan Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 18:05:08
What a pity Wooly. I worked a a local game store when it came out and we were sent packs of 20 from each of three distributors we bought from, as well as another 20 pack from TSR itself. Even after giving one to every games customer who take one, we still had two full packs left over. I got one and my boss go the other. I still have some of them left in a box somewhere in my garage. I'd have been happy to send you one. I assume this eBay auction was after the great fire - yes/no?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 03:47:31
Ah, What is the Forgotten Realms, Anyway?... Looked for that for years, and never even found a mention of it. Then one day, I saw an unfamiliar FR map on eBay, and bid on it, on a whim. I was very surprised when I opened that package and realized what I'd bought!
Halidan Posted - 23 Aug 2011 : 22:44:53
Probably you'll find that the FR modules that were part of the various retailer promotion pieces, are much rarer than KotLD, I14 TSR Jam and DQ1. This would include advertising pieces like #8225 What is the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Anyway? as well as all of the FR modules in the AD&D Retail Play line. There were not RPGA modules, but a series of modules available to any brick & mortar store. Modules featurered the varios 2E worlds - Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, DarkSun, etc. The program ran for about 5-6 years, and the later years modules are even rarer, as many stores dropped the program when they found out that it wasn't a great draw for new customers.
Faraer Posted - 23 Aug 2011 : 06:00:19
Books like Knight of the Living Dead, I14 Swords of the Iron Legion, and TSR Jam 1999 are probably about as obscure as DQ1 (which is referenced in FR5). Ed's CM8 and GAZ8 aren't strictly Realms but certainly belong on my shelf. Rarer than those is limited-release or unpublished stuff: various of Ed's tournament adventures, convention exclusives, Eric Boyd's Adventurer's Guild module, internal setting 'bibles' . . .

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000