Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 08 Nov 2002 : 17:25:58
Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

1) How often do you visit this forum?
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

Thanks for your time.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
artisa@n Posted - 13 Mar 2023 : 07:15:07
1- About once times a day
2- Almost every day
3- yes
4- yes
5- yes
6- Yes, but I usually work in public chat
7- I think 7 is a good choice
cpthero2 Posted - 23 Oct 2020 : 19:33:42
Acolyte AlexMcClay2000,

Welcome to the Keep!

Best regards,

AlexMcClay2000 Posted - 30 Jun 2020 : 07:51:36
Hi folks

I visit this forum a couple of times a month

Once a week.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
Yes.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Yep, it's always interesting to know how others adapt the Realms to make it their Realms.

Not as often as I'd like to.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?
Yep.

Content-wise it's a 10/10. Visually and aesthetically its like a 2/10. Im fairly new to the Realms and I know that is is the best place to be informed on Realmslore, but the way the forum is, its just hard to navigate, hard to search stuff (like it just give you the post, not the page that what you are looking for is in).
Compaste Posted - 17 Mar 2020 : 07:26:39
Hi folks

I visit this forum thrice a week.

Once a week.

Yes.

Of course! I always check those every time I visit the site.

Yes, I do.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?
Yep.

I rate this 7, because I think this site needs to be more active so the community will grow and we'll have a lot to discuss about.
Harksen Posted - 06 Mar 2020 : 14:06:36
I guess I'd better do this

I have begun checking it out about two times a week.

About two times a week.

Not particularly, no. Then again, I joined recently. It may change.

Yes. I do prefer fan-created articles, though.

No.

Yes. Mainly "Running the Realms".

tmcvicar2 Posted - 12 Feb 2020 : 17:46:57
1) Just about everyday.
2) Same as above
3) I occasionally look at them
4) yes, both. So little canon comes out that I am interested in, fan created stuff is about all I have left to look at.
5) Everytime I visit. It's my main usage on this site.
6) I do searches when I am looking for info about something specific.
7) 8, only because I wish it was much more active. But, that isnt your fault.

Tom
cpthero2 Posted - 12 Feb 2020 : 06:35:43
Hello Master Alaundo,

In answer to the following questions you asked...

Hi folks

I never visit the general Forgotten Realms chat. This is my first.

I use it randomly. Once every couple of years I believe, for a stretch of time that is usually a month or two.

Very much so. With all of the information available, this is a nice quick stop-by that let's me see what is new at a glance.

Very much so. Go Snowblood! :)

No, not really. I find the active topics to not be as relevant for me anymore as I don't pay much of any heed to 4e/5e.

Yes, I get involved in predominantly the Realmslore forum.

Eh, there is too much to this site to have you benefit from a univariable output. However, that being said, I would rate it a 3. That 3 is largely predicated on the site needing to play some catch up to attract new users. We want the community to grow! :)

Thanks for your time.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 06 Aug 2018 : 21:42:51
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Hi folks

Thanks for your time.

1) not nearly as often as I used to (as evidenced by the fact I am just now seeing this), unless I am actively involved in a discussion. I usually check it every few weeks.

2) Same answer as above

3) haven't really paid attention, to be honest

4) while I support fans making their own stuff, I am only interested in canon at this point.

5) yup, check it whenever I come on the site

6) yeah, I use active topics to find which discussions in any category I might be interested in.

5) 5-6
Thraskir Skimper Posted - 28 Jul 2018 : 14:18:31
quote:
5 times a week.

There is a Candlekeep site?

???????

Dogma is made for kids.

I think so.

Yes

6-7.
Grisix Posted - 05 May 2018 : 09:04:07
once or twice per week

I am fairly recent here, so I am catching up on this part too, may be once a week until I am caught up. Some stuff there seems old and not updated anymore (like the compendium)

yes

I am more looking for "canon" information as my primary goal, but reading from others about their own takes is a good side quest :)

yes

Depend on the subject, i will go there from the active topic is the subject picks my interest.

10. I appreciate the knowledge shared here. I have not read all the books myself, and do not plan too, but I still want to try to preserve consistency with the current history of the realms. So this is a great resource.
Wrigley Posted - 26 Sep 2017 : 11:19:12
usualy at least once per week
Only in search for specific data
not much
Yes
Yes as a starting point
Yes
9 - Only function that could be better imho is search. If I look for specific word it would be great if the link would be for specific page of the discussion not entire topic. Some of them are huge and you have to look for highlighted text in ton of material.
DarkExcalibur42 Posted - 22 Sep 2017 : 15:44:36

Prior to joining, I'd say I frequented this site maybe four or five times every time I started planning to run or play in a Forgotten Realms campaign. So probably at least that many times every year since... 2007? Any time I did a Google search, Candlekeep came up prominently with useful information. Eventually I decided I should just sign up already.

There's a what..? *searches* Oh. Once. Right now.

Not yet, but I may as my level of participation increases.

Not presently. Time constraints. But maybe in the future I'd have enough time to keep up with those!

Yes, but not exclusively.

Running the Realms

Visual aesthetic: 6.5
It has a clean, simple look that's not distracting and gets me to the information I want. But by that same token, it won't be winning any beauty pageants. Low rating? Yes, but on a superficial value.

Sheer volume of information: 10

Relevance of what I'm looking for: 10
Google basically always returns Candlekeep when I have a Forgotten Realms question.

Community: 9
I've not been here long enough to rate this too thoroughly, but all the interactions I've read and the few threads I've contributed to have all been very personable and informative. Strong first impression.
KoraxtheGhoul Posted - 02 Jul 2017 : 16:43:22
1) Only once or twice previously.
2) Every few months, any time I am getting an adventure together.
3) Sure? I guess I really like seeing that the site is not completely dead.
4)Yes
5)N/A
6)N/A
7) 8, very useful but a bit dated.
LordXenophon Posted - 29 Dec 2015 : 14:01:55
quote:
Originally posted by Khaelieth
7) 7, assuming 5.5 is an average forum - the forum layout is quite dated (lack of Notifications, layout etc) but the community is helpful.

I get notifications.
Khaelieth Posted - 05 Dec 2015 : 13:18:11
1) Daily, if I'm running a campaign.
2) Rarely.
3) Yes
4) Adventures, certainly. Less interested in Fanon.
5) Nope
6) Yes, generally things to do with running my adventures - Running the Realms, Adventuring, Chamber of Sages, and Sages of Realmslore.
7) 7, assuming 5.5 is an average forum - the forum layout is quite dated (lack of Notifications, layout etc) but the community is helpful.
Delwa Posted - 17 Jun 2015 : 17:19:13
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by LordXenophon

quote:

Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

After over 12 years of the results trickling in, I have to say that this is definitely not, as you called it, a "quick survey."

It is, in geological terms. Or in SageTime.

I would pay good money for a watch that runs in SageTime.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jun 2015 : 16:05:09
quote:
Originally posted by LordXenophon

quote:

Hi folks

After over 12 years of the results trickling in, I have to say that this is definitely not, as you called it, a "quick survey."

It is, in geological terms. Or in SageTime.
LordXenophon Posted - 17 Jun 2015 : 14:41:12
quote:

Hi folks

doctorbadwolf Posted - 17 Jun 2015 : 08:12:09
I lurk much more than I post, which I do every few months at the most frequent, I think?
Too infrequently.
Yes.
Yes.
Once in a while.
Yes.
BenN Posted - 11 Feb 2015 : 03:09:35
Every day.

I didn't know there was a homepage until very recently.

Sure.

Sure. I'm making some of my own, so it's interesting to see what others are doing.

No.

I also check out the two 'Sages' subforums too on a regular basis.

7. There's a lot of great content here, but the interface & forum design are ancient!
Jayson_Neverstop Posted - 10 Feb 2015 : 21:24:14
I just started. :)
Don't think I have yet. Will rectify.
Yes.
Yes.
Once in a while.
Yes.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 17 Nov 2014 : 02:07:31
1)and 2) I visit the site at least a couple times a week, more if there is a topic I have subscribed to, whether it is in general chats or some other topic

3) yes

4)mainly canon stuff

5) I check Active Topics every time I come on

6) yes

7) 7-8
Sylrae Posted - 16 Nov 2014 : 15:35:29
quote:
I tend to go in chunks. I'll visit daily for a while, then I might not look at candlekeep for several months, then I'll visit daily for a while, etc.
quote:
Less often than the forum.
quote:
Sometimes, depending on the new content.
quote:
Yes, yes I am.
quote:
Almost Exclusively. I look to see if there are any interesting looking threads in the last while that I haven't read/responded to. It would be nice if there was a way for me to see which ones I have read, however, to see if there are any new posts since I last looked at it.
quote:
Yes, I also look at "Running the Realms", "D&D Core Products", and "Events".
quote:
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Feb 2014 : 21:08:39
quote:
Originally posted by Cbad285

5) I don't use the 'active topics' but I would if I knew how :)

It's a link at the top of the page. When you click on it, it list all the topics that have been updated since your last visit.
Cbad285 Posted - 26 Feb 2014 : 13:46:05
1) I try to visit everyday, most of the time to keep up on my own posts and any replies I might get.

2) I visit Candlekeep everytime I jump on the forums ;)

3) I'm interested in everything on this website. Whether or not I use it is another thing entirely. I only run 2nd edition so sometimes its too bothersome to try and read through rules for newer editions. However if the information surrounds areas that are part of my home campaign I'll certainly browse over them.

4) Yup, interested in both.

5) I don't use the 'active topics' but I would if I knew how :)

6) I mostly use 'Running the realms' and the 'adventuring' categories. Since that's my main focus in coming here is posting my own work, and looking up information regarding my campaigns.

7) 10! I love Candlekeep! I mean the idea that you can come here and look up almost anything realms related, regardless of printing or how obscure it might be. And if you can't find the answer yourself there are more than enough voices that will point you in the right direct. It's an interactive library and the people who make it go round cannot get enough praises from me! I would by you all a beer or two or three!
Derulbaskul Posted - 24 Dec 2013 : 09:43:37

A few times a month although there are times when I hang around everyday.

Very rarely. Is it even updated now? Seriously. Even the link to the forums that changed about seven years still hasn't been updated: it mentions that the link has changed but you're about to be redirected. I think seven or so years is long enough so assume the new link is generally being used.

See my previous answer.

Oh yes. Certain people here are unofficially official sources of canon.

No.

Yes, I generally trawl all of them except for those relating to novels.

9+ for being able to obtain authoritive answers from genuine lore lords of the Realms but 1+ for the absolute mess of the forums (too many overlap) and the dated forum software that makes basic formatting a pain in the butt and has limited functionality compared to, say, ENWorld. Of course, as I make no financial contribution to the site I cannot formally complain about this and, even if I did, I would probably be pointed to the repeated statements over the past three (or more) years saying an upgrade is coming. I'm just assuming it's not coming (ie, it's on SageTime) but the simple fact is that the lore here remains priceless even if the place is otherwise a mess.
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 24 Dec 2013 : 06:20:54
1: Varies, but usually 2-3 per day.
2: Not very often. (Sorry.)
3: Yes.
4: Yes and yes.
5: Yes.
6: Yes, but not as much.
7: 10.
Xar Zarath Posted - 24 Dec 2013 : 06:19:45
1)Daily, but just to see any updated threads.

2)Not often.

3)Yes, as long as it is beneficial to the site itself.

4)Yes, but could they be separated? it makes it easier to sift through info and keep them separated so there is no confusion between the two

5)Yes, and often

6)No, not so much

7)7 or 8
The Arcanamach Posted - 24 Dec 2013 : 02:28:49
quote:

1. Usually multiple times/day.
2. Same as above. Isn't this the same question?
3. Yes
4. Yes Yes Yes. Many of CKs contributors are outstanding. And I just realized, CK is what Jimmy calls Clark on Smallville.
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. 10. Not only is the content pretty good, but the moderators do a great job here. I've seen promising sites bomb due to poor moderation and CK has outlasted a number of them (but then CK IS Superman). See how I tied that in there?
LordXenophon Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 17:18:38
quote:

1) Used to be weekly, but now mostly just when someone replies to a subscribed thread or when I need to research something for my campaign.
2) About the same.
3) Yes.
4) Please.
5) No. The most active topics sort to the top on their own.
6) Yes. Most of my posts are under Running the Realms.
7) 9.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000