Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Fantasy Flight Games joins forces with LFL

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 03 Aug 2011 : 15:04:04
Read about it here

So is FFG any good as a company? I hear their Warhammer Games are good.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 12 Aug 2011 : 01:43:27
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

No I have never really checked out any of FFG's stuff. The Midnight setting looks really cool, so thanks!

Oh, yes. The MIDNIGHT campaign setting is a great deal of fun. It's a fascinating look at a world which poses the question "What if Evil had already won?"
Brimstone Posted - 11 Aug 2011 : 23:08:46
No I have never really checked out any of FFG's stuff. The Midnight setting looks really cool, so thanks!
glitter Posted - 11 Aug 2011 : 15:50:05
quote:
So is FFG any good as a company? I hear their Warhammer Games are good.

are you kidding me ? Midnight, a real jewel.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_%28role-playing_game%29
Kno Posted - 10 Aug 2011 : 09:16:16
Only problem is that they use guns
Uzzy Posted - 09 Aug 2011 : 14:09:28
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

The adventures they put out for it are pretty good too.
Agreed.

I'll note, also, that FFG's WH40K adventures remind me, particularly, of the old 1e/2e TSR adventure modules... in that, the amount of background info they each contain practically makes them almost double as sourcebooks themselves.

That is an excellent point. They've been very good at that, and in taking the endlessly grimdark world of 40k and making it seem.. well, more 'realistic', in that the RPG looks more at the people who actually live there, rather then just the fighting. Something that's greatly impressed me.

Between Pathfinder, FFG and some small indie stuff, I've never been happier running and playing RPG's.
The Sage Posted - 08 Aug 2011 : 16:12:13
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

The adventures they put out for it are pretty good too.
Agreed.

I'll note, also, that FFG's WH40K adventures remind me, particularly, of the old 1e/2e TSR adventure modules... in that, the amount of background info they each contain practically makes them almost double as sourcebooks themselves.
Uzzy Posted - 08 Aug 2011 : 10:51:53
FFG's Warhammer 40k line is fantastic, rich in lore and fluff and with fairly solid mechanics. The adventures they put out for it are pretty good too. The 40k fanboy in me loves them more then GW for fluff. Anyone of their 40k lines is top notch and well recommended. Their Warhammer RPG is good, but it's third edition moved in a way I didn't like too much.

I'm sure that if they put out a Star Wars RPG, it'll be equally well made, but I'll be surprised if they'll have the same freedom of movement to create new fluff in the Star Wars setting as they do in 40k, which is one of the main draws for me. Further, it'll have to be amazing to move me away from SAGA Edition, given how fantastic that was (and how many books I have for that)
Brimstone Posted - 05 Aug 2011 : 04:18:58
They all look BOSS.

The Sage Posted - 05 Aug 2011 : 03:34:21
I like the X-Wings too, but I've always been more of an Imperial-fan when it comes to STAR WARS.

Cool toys all around for both sides. However, I prefer the look and function of most of the Imperial stuff.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2011 : 03:03:54
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll probably play the game, but I would also consider buying it just for the mini TIE Fighters.

Ditto, except that I prefer X-Wings.
The Sage Posted - 05 Aug 2011 : 02:41:21
I'll probably play the game, but I would also consider buying it just for the mini TIE Fighters.
Brimstone Posted - 05 Aug 2011 : 01:06:48
Pictures of FFG's new X-Wing Fighter Mini's Game.
The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 15:09:29
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Now I am wanting to check out some Warhammer books.

If you'd like some recommendations on which books to peruse, let me know. I'd be happy to assist.
Brimstone Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 14:01:51
Now I am wanting to check out some Warhammer books.
The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 08:39:02
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Aye, I have full faith in this. As the Sage states, FFG produce nothing but high quality products. The Warhammer 40,000 roleplay material is outstanding throughout. The downside...the products are quite expensive!

Sadly, this is very true.

On the plus side [and I should note that the "plus" is qualified only by whether you're a fan of PDF books], the ability to download any WH40K products from drivethrurpg.com for relatively "cheaper" prices, means avoiding those expensive printed-book price-tags.
Alaundo Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 07:43:26
Well met

Aye, I have full faith in this. As the Sage states, FFG produce nothing but high quality products. The Warhammer 40,000 roleplay material is outstanding throughout. The downside...the products are quite expensive!
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 07:40:07
Here's to hope they will revive the D6 Star Wars RPG
Brimstone Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 04:19:05
Ok, I have heard alot of good things about Dragonstar. Consider me excited now...
The Sage Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 01:49:30
DRAGONSTAR was a fine setting, and it admirably displayed the kind of talent FFG had to call upon back in the d20 days.

Their current lot of WARHMAMMER and WARHAMMER 40,000-based RPGS are, in my opinion, some of the best products on the gaming market today. They're chock full of background material, with a simply-applied rules-set that maximises gaming potential in what would otherwise be a very difficult setting to translate to the table-top.

Aside from the RPGs, though, I also semi-frequently play some of their card and board games too. The majority of which easily beat most of the other currently available CCG and board games from most other publishers. So these details about FFG picking up the LFL is good news for me, because it also opens to door, potentially, to new RPG works based in the STAR WARS universe.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Aug 2011 : 18:02:25
They did Dragonstar, several years back. I had a few quibbles with the backstory for the setting, but otherwise quite liked it. I loved the idea of soulmechs, too.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000