Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Create Your own Gold Box Style Games

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RedneckBadgerLord Posted - 12 Jul 2011 : 05:49:44
[url=http://uaf.sourceforge.net/]Dungeon Craft[/url] is an attempt to re-create the style of the old SSI games. With much better graphics and sound, I might add.

Basically Unlimited Adventures with a huge facelift (and there are plenty of [url=http://frua.rosedragon.org/]FRUA[/url] mods still around. (Give the oriental adventures world conversion a spin, it's great.)

Dungeoncraft can even import old FRUA designs, art, and other stuff too. It's open-source (Currently windows only), and you can add whatever you like to it.

I'm making a game with it myself. The rules are easily edited too, if anyone should tackle a later edition.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RedneckBadgerLord Posted - 02 Aug 2011 : 00:38:35
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I would love to see MotA in this format. But isn't the engine built on 2E-style game rules?

1e actually. But what's wrong with that?

Besides, you can edit the engine too.
Zireael Posted - 15 Jul 2011 : 16:34:16
I love the idea!
The Sage Posted - 15 Jul 2011 : 06:51:12
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I'm considering building 'Monument of the Ancients' with this toolset.

Neat!

I can't wait to see the result of this effort, Brian.
Ayrik Posted - 15 Jul 2011 : 04:57:59
I would love to see MotA in this format. But isn't the engine built on 2E-style game rules?
RedneckBadgerLord Posted - 15 Jul 2011 : 02:17:07
You're very welcome. Glad I could be of service to one of the great chroniclers of Realms' history.
Brian R. James Posted - 13 Jul 2011 : 18:06:46
Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I'm considering building 'Monument of the Ancients' with this toolset.
Kajehase Posted - 12 Jul 2011 : 06:00:47
quote:
Originally posted by RedneckBadgerLord

Dungeon Craft is an attempt to re-create the style of the old SSI games. With much better graphics and sound, I might add.

Basically Unlimited Adventures with a huge facelift (and there are plenty of FRUA mods still around. (Give the oriental adventures world conversion a spin, it's great.)

Dungeoncraft can even import old FRUA designs, art, and other stuff too. It's open-source (Currently windows only), and you can add whatever you like to it.

I'm making a game with it myself. The rules are easily edited too, if anyone should tackle a later edition.

Link-fix

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000