Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Demon Daddy!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Synthalus Posted - 01 Jul 2011 : 16:44:22
If your character was sired by a demon lord,What demon lord would you choose to be the father of your character if you could choose?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Old Man Harpell Posted - 01 Sep 2011 : 00:07:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I picked Lolth, because it would be a neat trick for her to be my character's father!

Same. I picture a dusky-skinned half-drowish standing in front of the Spider Queen (any of her forms), and his companion's eyes widening as he says:

"Hi, dad. Can I have my allowance, please?"

Artemas Entreri Posted - 31 Aug 2011 : 17:46:45
Lions, tigers, and Balors...oh my
Synthalus Posted - 20 Aug 2011 : 18:30:47
you have to admire his conviction and stubburness. not to mention his gall, who amoung asmdeus's rivals has the guts to blatantly tell him to his face i will ursup your throne one day!
Dennis Posted - 20 Aug 2011 : 06:49:58
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

That's Mephistopheles' weakness though. He's blatantly obvious with his treachery. He went right up to Asmodeus and said "I plan on overthrowing you." To which Asmodeus replied with calm amusement.

Somehow that could be a good plan. Azzy would expect Mephisto to stab him anytime, or try to. And the latter could use it to his advantage by sending someone else to do the job.
Chosen of Asmodeus Posted - 19 Aug 2011 : 16:53:57
That's Mephistopheles' weakness though. He's blatantly obvious with his treachery. He went right up to Asmodeus and said "I plan on overthrowing you." To which Asmodeus replied with calm amusement.
Synthalus Posted - 19 Aug 2011 : 16:26:34
mephisto was arguably one of the best villians in the marvel comicbook universe during the late 70's and early to mid 80's. His villianous nature was almost palpable. Before i read these comics i wasnt much of a demon buff and rarely used them in my campaigns. mephisto is by far a more treacherous foe for asmodeus then grazz't. grazz't would do well to take a page out of mephisto's book if he has any ambitions to usurp azmodeus's throne.
Dennis Posted - 16 Aug 2011 : 11:24:46
quote:
Originally posted by Cleric Generic

Mephisto. Dude's got style.

Indeed. And I love the eyes.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 15 Aug 2011 : 19:20:01
Malkazid would be an interesting choice as well, since he's held like... every title in the Underworld. Plus, he was a Solar at one point, so I am sure he could pass along those good looks.
Cleric Generic Posted - 12 Aug 2011 : 20:59:11
Mephisto. Dude's got style.
Quale Posted - 12 Aug 2011 : 20:58:05
From that list Kostchtchie, would be Haagenti if all are included in the poll. Seem most powerful for an arcane or warrior type of character. Grazz't for rogues.
Chosen of Asmodeus Posted - 12 Aug 2011 : 20:16:24
Picked Asmodeus for reasons that should be glaringly obvious.

If I were to pick a demon lord, I'd probably pick Pazuzu, though Demogorgon could be interesting. I don't necessarily think the sire's appearance will have too much affect on the child's appearance, especially for demons; they're formed out of living chaos and evil. Pazuzu may be a bird, but his child's as likely to be a fish or a living (evil)cake as an avian.
Synthalus Posted - 12 Aug 2011 : 11:46:34
Graz''zt is probably the best choice but i personnally like the story of mephisto so that is who i would choose.
Aryalómë Posted - 15 Jul 2011 : 05:35:36
Graz'zt is a sexy devil!-er.....Demon Lord, lol. So I choose him! Wait a second.....who's doing the birthing?!?
Sill Alias Posted - 07 Jul 2011 : 05:09:28
I have chosen Orcus, since the question is about Demon Lords. If the question was about devils, I would choose Mephistopheles. The guy is cunning bastard that could have some plans for his progeny. And I have chosen Orcus because I am interested what will be born from seed of undead Demon Lord.
Lord Karsus Posted - 06 Jul 2011 : 18:08:33
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I thought the same thing. Pazuzu, I like him as a D&D Demon Lord, but I wouldn't want to actually be his off-spring, because yeah, that'd be weird.

Weird? Definitely. What part of being sired by a demon/devil isn't? But I don't find Pazuzu to be stranger than say, Demo-Gorgon, or Grazz't. Goat legs or a beak and wings? I'll take the wings, thanks.

-Well, exactly. There are different degrees of...'separation' from the Human race (or Elven, Dwarven, etc.). Some Demon Lords are a lot more Humanoid that others. The ones that are not all together that Humanoid, that'd make things a little more weird than the ones that are moreso.
Kno Posted - 06 Jul 2011 : 10:00:46
quote:

-I thought the same thing. Pazuzu, I like him as a D&D Demon Lord, but I wouldn't want to actually be his off-spring, because yeah, that'd be weird.

Pazuzu is an obyrith, that's like wanting to be the spawn of Cthulu
ChieftainTwilight Posted - 06 Jul 2011 : 02:03:19
for me, it would be a toss-up between Asmodeus and Astaroth. both are the perfect SORT of entity to be an appropriate infernal sire of a character of mine for personal use. it's mostly in attitude, realy, as wel as presence. but for the sake of sympathetic bonds, the slight advantage goes to Astaroth (even in the face of the many butcherings of that character). the reason is thus; Astaroth can be academically traced back to various Pagan Goddesses, a number of which translate into aspects of my real-life Mother-Goddess, the Morrighan. this includes -- evidenced by way of occult research -- the Sumerian Goddess, Innana/Ishtar, as well as the Egyptian Goddess, Isis. it is possible that also the Norns of Nordic Mythology, and the Greek Goddess, Hecate.

so, my official vote went to Astaroth, though realy it would be a toss-up.
Fellfire Posted - 06 Jul 2011 : 00:33:52
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

I'm surprised people are picking people like Pazuzu. Being a bird person seems like it'd be gross...you could be like the chicken lady from Kids in the Hall [ For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwnAdT9I_o ]. I'd also really not want to be a half-demon, i'd have ACTUAL evil instincts built into me :o

Weird? Definitely. What part of being sired by a demon/devil isn't? But I don't find Pazuzu to be stranger than say, Demo-Gorgon, or Grazz't. Goat legs or a beak and wings? I'll take the wings, thanks.

P.S. Chicken Lady, hilarious!
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 18:18:33
quote:

I don't like demons or magic in X-Men type things. Superheroes should have super powers, not magical powers in my opinion.

-Super powers can be of magical origin (Dr. Strange), just like they can be natural (X-Men Mutants), from items (Juggernaut, Captain America), from technology (Iron Man), or a combination of all of those (Dr. Doom).

quote:

I'm surprised people are picking people like Pazuzu. Being a bird person seems like it'd be gross...you could be like the chicken lady from Kids in the Hall [ For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwnAdT9I_o ]. I'd also really not want to be a half-demon, i'd have ACTUAL evil instincts built into me :o

MrHedgehog Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 09:54:42
I don't like demons or magic in X-Men type things. Superheroes should have super powers, not magical powers in my opinion.

Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 06:20:00
-Right: Since then, he was depowered during Decimation, but regained them after hanging with Quicksilver around when the Silent War took place, and teleported a bunch of his friends from doom back into his/his father's dimension. I just meant it as in, the Age of Apocalypse Abyss was much cooler than the 616 Abyss. I like the character, as far as how much one can like generic Marvel characters who are more or less background characters, and I'd rather see any version of him than no version of him.
The Sage Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 05:50:02
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

-I really hated Azazel in the Uncanny X-Men comics, because the brief storyline that involved him, I thought, totally blew. The character was pretty cool in X-Men: First Class, however.

I liked the concept of Azazel, and the relationship between him, Mystique, and Nightcrawler. But I wasn't much of a fan of that particular story-arc.

-If they cut down on the contrived "He's Satan!" and "Angels vs. Demons" concepts, I'd be able to stomach it more. My girlfriend and I were reading that particular graphic novel the other day, and I noticed that it dated Mystique meeting with Azazel and giving birth to Nightcrawler as '20 years ago', and I am assuming they meant from the present date. That's either an error, or a retcon making Nightcrawler only 20! It was nice to seeing Abyss again, though, even if it was very obviously not his Age of Apocalypse version.

Abyss has popped elsewhere both before and since that particular story-arc. A previous appearance, IIRC, was tied to his AoA [Earth-295]-counterpart, while the later appearance was based on the Earth-616 Abyss.
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 05:44:26
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

-I really hated Azazel in the Uncanny X-Men comics, because the brief storyline that involved him, I thought, totally blew. The character was pretty cool in X-Men: First Class, however.

I liked the concept of Azazel, and the relationship between him, Mystique, and Nightcrawler. But I wasn't much of a fan of that particular story-arc.

-If they cut down on the contrived "He's Satan!" and "Angels vs. Demons" concepts, I'd be able to stomach it more. My girlfriend and I were reading that particular graphic novel the other day, and I noticed that it dated Mystique meeting with Azazel and giving birth to Nightcrawler as '20 years ago', and I am assuming they meant from the present date. That's either an error, or a retcon making Nightcrawler only 20! It was nice to seeing Abyss again, though, even if it was very obviously not his Age of Apocalypse version.
The Sage Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 05:38:52
quote:

Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Jul 2011 : 05:16:50
Dennis Posted - 04 Jul 2011 : 16:02:45

That's Asmodeus. Azazel is not even in the choices.
Kno Posted - 04 Jul 2011 : 15:45:32
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Azzy, of course. Why settle for less?!

Azazel, Prince of scapegoats

a weird choice
Bladewind Posted - 04 Jul 2011 : 11:46:46
Laraie or Mastiphal I like as a father because of their primal hunter like qualities. Malcanthet or Glassya I'd like as my mother, because of their cunning.

Chose Pazuzu, he's awesome and flight is aswell. Always handy to be able to summon him at a whim.
Dennis Posted - 04 Jul 2011 : 09:26:38
quote:

quote:

Because he would probably control the lives of any of his offspring :O !

I wouldn't mind, for it is but temporary. In due time, it will I who's going to control him.
MrHedgehog Posted - 04 Jul 2011 : 08:50:45
quote:

Because he would probably control the lives of any of his offspring :O !

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000