Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Sage's eternal "To-Do" list...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 14:48:29
Heh. I love digging through some of the more ancient scrolls here at Candlekeep.

Just for a laugh, I do believe I've discovered the first reference about my "To-Do" here, in a discussion about demons, from back in December 2003:-
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As it stands, I have an unnaturally tall 'To Do' pile sitting 28cm away from my left arm as I type this, which just refuses to alter in height. The problem is...almost the exact amount of things that get 'cleared' off from the pile are then quickly replaced by new things to do - so overall the height of this pile is never changed...
Neat, eh?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 03:46:50
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

It's about time that Sage hires an assistant to help him with his ever-increasing To-Do list. Maybe not only an assistant, but assistants

Given the size of his list, I'd recommend that he hires China to help. Not someone from China, but all of the people in China!

Then he would need billions of dollars. Unless the Chinese volunteer without pay. But the big question is, would they?!
The Sage Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 01:15:17
quote:

It's about time that Sage hires an assistant to help him with his ever-increasing To-Do list. Maybe not only an assistant, but assistants

As I will one day say to my daughter...

"You are fulfilling your destiny, Narnra. Become my apprentice. Learn to use the temporal warping effects of the 'To-Do List.'

To cheat time is a power only one has achieved though centuries of the study of the 'To-Do List.' But if we work together, I know we can discover the secret to never-ending tasks."

Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 18:02:26
quote:

Given the size of his list, I'd recommend that he hires China to help. Not someone from China, but all of the people in China!
Dennis Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 12:19:54

Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 08:29:09
There is no fate as dire as becoming part of The Sage's ToDo-List ...
Zireael Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 07:30:54
LOL

I've got something similar to a "ToDo" list. Little pieces of paper I've got scattered on my desk, every one holds an idea, or two, or three. I've always got more ideas than time...
The Sage Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 01:31:06
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Sage's To Do list is going to have to be put in his Will for someone to complete one day I think

Why would you want to do that to future generations? His great-great-great-grandchildren would still be working on it!

So, the "To-Do" is my legacy to future generations of SageClan?

Should I be worried, then, that Narnra has already started composing her own "To-Do" list?

Granted, she accomplishes a great deal more in one day that I usually do, but I've found that she has also started adding just about everything her little mind can think of at any one time. It's more like a "brain-storm To-Do" list, than an actual listing of stuff. So much so, that Narnra has begun sticky-taping pages together to provide more space to write things down.
Alisttair Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 19:00:49
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sage's To Do list is going to have to be put in his Will for someone to complete one day I think

Why would you want to do that to future generations? His great-great-great-grandchildren would still be working on it!

But at least the pile wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be getting bigger.

Unless they inherit his ability to add to that list...

If that occurs, we are ALL doomed...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 18:55:21
quote:

quote:

quote:

Unless they inherit his ability to add to that list...
Alisttair Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 18:16:43
quote:

quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 18:12:27
quote:

Alisttair Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 15:52:31
The Sage Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 15:05:18
quote:

Just curious Sage, are the number of tasks you finish out of your To Do list greater than or equal to the number that is added to it everyday?
Well, it usually takes me about a week to actually finish just one task on my "To-Do" list... and that's when I'm not busy doing other "stuff."

On average, though, I regularly add about two or three different tasks to my list, depending on what the day brings and what I can't complete/accomplish in a single twenty-four hour period.
Dennis Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 12:57:28

My To Do list may not be as long or as nigh-infinite as Sage's, but it's still pretty long, and grows longer every hour.

Just curious Sage, are the number of tasks you finish out of your To Do list greater than or equal to the number that is added to it everyday?
Alisttair Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 12:41:12
I have a To Do list of my own but it's mostly in my head and not all realms related, and some thing are very old, so I understand how it can take VERY long to knock things off the list.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Apr 2011 : 05:57:51
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:

Maybe you ought to write down what's on the ToDo pile...

That would only be another thing "To Do" and thus would only make the pile grow...

Ah yes. I didn't think of that. But maybe computerizing the ToDo pile would lead to it ceasing physical existence... :D

... and then lead to Skynet.
Zireael Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 19:23:52
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:

That would only be another thing "To Do" and thus would only make the pile grow...

Ah yes. I didn't think of that. But maybe computerizing the ToDo pile would lead to it ceasing physical existence... :D
Dalor Darden Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 17:06:11
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 15:45:04
Ah, better days... The To-Do list had not yet developed its own gravitational field, at that point...
Zireael Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 15:25:05

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000