Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Reviews Section

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dennis Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 05:55:49

It occurs to me that some scribes, myself included, might want to read a novel with others’ recommendation in the form of reviews. I know the thread Experienced help for recommending FR Novels has been helpful. However, I guess reading a full review might be more of help. And with the problem of the current Search function of this site, it’s really difficult at times to search for those wanted reviews, as if they’re forever lost in the ether. So, to address this, I suggest, Sage, Wooly, Al, that there be a Reviews Section, not just a thread.

What do my fellow scribes think?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 07 Apr 2011 : 16:18:22
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kno

There should be a separate part for the reviews, would generate more discussion.

As I said above, we've tried it before. There simply isn't a large and active enough community for this work for any appreciable length of time.

There are a lot of new members now who might participate more actively.

Besides, I wasn't around when you tried it.
The Sage Posted - 07 Apr 2011 : 15:39:26
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

There should be a separate part for the reviews, would generate more discussion.

As I said above, we've tried it before. There simply isn't a large and active enough community for this work for any appreciable length of time.
Dennis Posted - 07 Apr 2011 : 12:14:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Kno Posted - 07 Apr 2011 : 11:56:26
Dennis Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 21:14:40

That's what I've been doing.
Lord Karsus Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 15:57:38
-Just do what I always do: Make a new discussion thread for every novel/sourcebook you review (here, in the Novels section, I guess), and those who want to comment comment, those who don't don't, and it is what it is.
The Sage Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 09:39:16
Well, scribes have in the past been told to add a [REVIEW] tag to their scrolls which contain personal reviews of novels they've read. Unfortunately, not all adhere to such a policy.

But that's where we are at.
Dennis Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 07:37:35

But I also want to read my fellow scribes' reviews. Performing the "search" is rarely a help at all.
The Sage Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 07:25:15
Maybe you could just set up one scroll entirely composed of your reviews? Just make a note that discussion of your reviews should take place in separate scrolls, to keep your review scroll free from clutter.
Dennis Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 07:19:04

You see, I'm planning to write reviews of all the FR novels and short short stories I read. And I think it nice and neat to see them, among those by fellow scribes, in one section.
The Sage Posted - 03 Apr 2011 : 07:11:35
Heh. It's been tried before and it's largely fallen onto the wayside. We simply don't have enough activity here to warrant such a section.

Besides, when scribes have tended into the oft-precarious territory of offering up their novel reviews online, they're usually placed right here, on the Novels shelf. And given the few that tend to pop up in a single twelve-month period of book releases, I think that serves the purpose well enough.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000