Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dungeons & Dragons Virtual Table

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 19:35:53
Details are scarce at the moment, but our man on the ground at DDXP, Matt James, is reporting (well, tweeting) that the live demonstration of the VT is impressive. Or, in his words, "freaking sweet."

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jakk Posted - 28 Feb 2012 : 22:47:22
I thought I should refresh this... it's been six months since the last post; any further developments on this?

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Subscription-only is, to me, the way to go with a virtual table. That said, I still maintain that it should be rules-neutral, with rulesets and templates as separate add-ons.

I fully agree with this... which, incidentally, is also why I believe it will never be done this way. But then, WotC is actually releasing a couple of products that I'm interested in at the end of this year, so I'll be the first to admit that I've been proven wrong twice (Ed's book and Menzoberranzan).
Ayrik Posted - 29 Aug 2011 : 23:08:28
quote:
Tyranthraxus

I have one question though. Does everyone need to have his/her own DDI account or can it be shared with other players?
My understanding is that each person who logs on to the site to access DDI goodness is required to maintain a subscription. Although of course you may print/save material for use at your private gaming table even if nobody else has subscribed. I think of the "ownership" of copies being the same thing regardless of whether the material was purchased as a physical book or as a pdf download. If other people at the table want their own copies they should buy them.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 29 Aug 2011 : 15:51:33
cost??
Tyranthraxus Posted - 30 Jan 2011 : 13:14:26
Finally, I've been waiting 3 years for it now! I will have to subscribe to DDI again once it is released.

I have one question though. Does everyone need to have his/her own DDI account or can it be shared with other players?
Shemmy Posted - 30 Jan 2011 : 08:17:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

What 2 or 3 years in development by now?
It clearly would be nice that the VT is actually ready, for over a year it has been considered vaporware.

Important to note that it's not at all connected to the original Gleemax/DDI VTT which had 3d models. That was so very dropped when everything went in-house. The new VTT was purchased from an outside vendor and then polished to fit WotC's needs. It's by gametableonline.com, who previously did some work for WotC during the Gleemax period for some online games that would have been part of that.
Kentinal Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 23:29:04
What 2 or 3 years in development by now?
It clearly would be nice that the VT is actually ready, for over a year it has been considered vaporware.

I do hope Matt is correct that the application is now ready, I count Matt as an internet friend.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 21:48:06
Subscription-only is, to me, the way to go with a virtual table. That said, I still maintain that it should be rules-neutral, with rulesets and templates as separate add-ons.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 20:42:26
Intersting, but if it's subscriber-only, I will not be playing. Can't afford it on my budget, and if it's all 4th ed rules, I would probably not paly anyway. I do not like the mechanics for 4th. Most of my PC's simply don't translate over....
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 20:03:32
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Virtual Table? Is there a link to this?

Nah, it's something they're demo-ing at the DDXP show in Indiana right now. I imagine more will leak out as the weekend progresses.

For now, this thread at DNDOnline purports to contain a screenshot from the Beta. And Matt tweeted that it's fully integrated with the Character Builder and the Rules Compendium and that it supports VOIP (or something like it) from all the players.

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 19:51:31
Virtual Table? Is there a link to this?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000