Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Reincarnation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Synthalus Posted - 27 Jan 2011 : 18:47:58
If you died in our world and was Reincarnated in the FR's. What city would you visit first?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 31 May 2012 : 06:02:08
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I wouldn't want to be reborn in Faerūn - too many Elves.

They keep to themselves. So no bother. As long as they don't parade themselves in every locale, I'm fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I want to be reborn in Dubai.

Nah. Too much sand. Scorching heat. And far too may camels.
Nicolai Withander Posted - 04 May 2012 : 11:47:41
Silverymoon is I think the only place where I would survive! He he...
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 04 May 2012 : 08:15:07
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Evermeet. Who wouldn't want to go to a near idyllic paradise?

I'd love to, but humans are rarely allowed there, and even less so are half-elves. Though I do know where a few portals are that leads to the fabled island...
Irennan Posted - 30 Apr 2012 : 02:19:50
Meh, it's not like dragons and beholders are waiting for you behind every corner...
MrHedgehog Posted - 30 Apr 2012 : 02:17:08
I would be TERRIFIED living in a dangerous universe with dragons, beholders, illithids, undead, oh my!!

I think Silverymoon sounds the safest. Or Suldanesselar but it would be weird to be the only human :(

EDIT: Wait...reincarnated...as anything? I think being a Steel Dragon would suit me nicely. Still Silverymoon, though.
Irennan Posted - 30 Apr 2012 : 02:13:36
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

Same here, Evermeet would be my first choice. Otherwise, Silverymoon.
BioZach Posted - 30 Apr 2012 : 02:05:50
I would say Silverymoon. It seems like it would be a good place to learn the magic arts, and if I were to retain my present personality then I'd be best suited to being a wizard.
Seravin Posted - 27 Apr 2012 : 19:12:36
Saerloon would be my #1. Huge temples to Mystra and Azuth (f*** the 3rd/4th edition nonsense version of Shade-Sembia and Mystra/Azuth, I'm talking the real realms as envisioned by Ed)

Silverymoon would be next. Baldur's Gate and Athkatla I feel I could navigate best from playing Baldur's Gate I and II tho :)
Markustay Posted - 27 Apr 2012 : 19:09:27
I wouldn't want to be reborn in Faerūn - too many Elves.

I want to be reborn in Dubai.
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 Apr 2012 : 19:03:17
Artemas Entreri Posted - 27 Apr 2012 : 14:52:08
I would love to visit any of these cities if it were possible. However, I don't think my chances of survival would be high in many of them...so I went with Silverymoon.
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 27 Apr 2012 : 07:05:37
City of Splendors...though i'd have to head out to Ardeep Forest now and again as I'd long for peace and quite. Next choice would've been Myth Drannor circa 500-600 DR, but unless someone knowns a time-travel spell, no such luck.
Eldacar Posted - 15 Apr 2012 : 05:15:34
Silverymoon. I can get in touch with Alustriel, who could put me in touch with Elminster, for when I need to get back home.
Nilus Reynard Posted - 15 Apr 2012 : 04:48:30
I would have to go with Silverymoon.

There is always time to visit the other places...
Dennis Posted - 14 Apr 2012 : 05:29:12

Well, the question is where we'd like to be reincarnated in. It doesn't ask where we'd like to stay...So while I chose Waterdeep, and would have a residence there, I wouldn't be staying there for the rest of my life. Toril is too huge to be left unexplored...
sleyvas Posted - 12 Apr 2012 : 18:05:41
Silverymoon, only because I'd survive there (most likely). That being said, where would I most like to be able to visit without getting killed? Bezantur pre-spellplague.
Light Posted - 12 Apr 2012 : 16:34:27
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I voted silverymoon. I would love to meet Alustriel. I hear a certain Drow ranger shows up from time to time, too....

Assuming we are reincarnated into pre-spellplague realms.

Mine? I'd probably go to the nearest one. None really stand too high above the others in my opinion and I would certainly not like to be on the road for too long.

EDIT: Well it seems the quote I used is a bit dated so I don't really expect a reply.
Aulduron Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 18:33:41
If Qilue were alive, I'd say Skullport. Since shes not, I'll say Silverymoon.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 18:01:14
I seem to be incapable of voting in the poll, but my vote would go to Waterdeep. Given sufficient resources, I'd try to apprentice as a wizard, with the eventual goal of joining the Watchful Order of Magists and hopefully becoming an apprentice to the Blackstaff.

If I were a noble scion, you'd better believe I'd become a fencer and an adventurer, even if it wasn't a very good idea for my life expectancy.

Cheers
TBeholder Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 17:39:35
Even if you for some reason insist on major cities... Why not Velprintalar? Zazesspur? Evereska? Westgate? Bezantur?
I would understand not including e.g. Lyrabar or Elmwood, but why not to include Ravens Bluff? It's an unusual place, and at least nascent unique culture, if not new people, on the rise. Not quite as big deal (yet) as Athkatla, Calimport or Waterdeep, but right behind these, and in magic development is not far behind the likes of Silverymoon or Sshamath (another quite worthy of attention place, BTW).
sfdragon Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 13:44:18
Ilove WAterdeep..... but I love forests even more and there was no myth drannor on this poll so I took Silverymoon
Dalor Darden Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 13:32:09
Other: Shadowdale (of the Old Grey Box)

Not because Elminster is there...but because I love country living.

...with a particular Sister.
Jorkens Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 13:07:23
Shadowdale or any other place where I could whine to a Wizard until he opened a portal for me to return to Earth. Danger is not my thing. Now, if we where talking some sort of two day out of body travel, then I would say Iriaebor. For some reason that just sounds right to me.
Thauranil Posted - 11 Apr 2012 : 11:28:35
The City of Splendors is the first place I would visit. Though i would love to see Menzoberranzan its hardly an ideal vacation spot.
Dennis Posted - 31 Jan 2011 : 09:08:43
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

I am going to have to say other and go with Shade.

The idea of a floating city is for me

Right. I have to change my vote.
Kentinal Posted - 31 Jan 2011 : 07:54:35
Even if base assumption is reincarnation as human, there clearly is also a time issue. Some places really are not good to show up at based on what year it is.
Sill Alias Posted - 31 Jan 2011 : 06:28:08
The question is a tricky one. If you have no choice of reincarnation, then you cannot know if you are capable of visiting that city.
Arioch Posted - 30 Jan 2011 : 11:47:16
Westgate!
swifty Posted - 29 Jan 2011 : 09:43:03
waterdeep all the way.id get absolutely roaring drunk in one of their many fine drinking establishments.
The Sage Posted - 28 Jan 2011 : 23:53:12
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

The vote goes to Other. Halagard is an easy going place with magical opportunities.

Oooh! Halagard, I'd forgotten about. Count me in!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000