Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Been pondering starting a new campaign again.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 09 Jan 2011 : 17:04:45
So, yeah, it's that time again when I've had the urge to start a new campaign. Anyone out there still interested? I haven't been on Keep in months, so not sure who is still around.

I haven't settled on any thing yet but I was thinking about a vague idea of running a play by post game using the group option of Facebook but I don't mind running it via email either.

Uh, setting? Not sure. Prob FR before the explosion, or maybe Pathfinder. Rules would be prob 3e or, again, Pathfinder or Pathfinder 3e. I don't have any 4e rules.

Edit: And I posted this in the wrong shelf, mutter. Supposed to be in Running the Realms.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 05 Feb 2011 : 15:59:40
I never got a character from you....

quote:
Originally posted by Delanish

I got in applied a few times still waiting for word :S

Delanish Posted - 05 Feb 2011 : 12:33:59
I got in applied a few times still waiting for word :S
Hoondatha Posted - 27 Jan 2011 : 17:33:07
Hey Kuje, could we get an out-of-character discussion thread over at rpol? Now that we've got the game up and running, I don't want to clutter up this scroll with random questions.
Kuje Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 07:41:06
I planned on posting replies tomorrow or by Friday at the latest. My plan was to write up a post, or maybe more then one, expanding on the actions that you all just posted.

I agree with Hoondatha, I tend to keep only private replies as private but most of the time, most actions are public. At least that's how I did it in my email games, unless it's a plot that's tied in with private stuff from backgrounds.

So yea, give me a day or two to work up a reply to what you all posted. :)

But he's also right, on that site, only mods or DM's can make new threads, which is a bit of a pain. :(
Kuje Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 07:37:52
No worries. :) I replied.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

I'm slow to the game as usual, still working up a character. Kuje I sent you a PM with a few questions.

Hoondatha Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 04:57:53
I don't think players can create threads; I think only GM's and moderators can do that.

That said, I'd like to move that we have as much as possible be "openly" posted, in the general thread. Until we manage to meet up we're going to be posting solo anyway, and I enjoy watching what's happening with the other characters. PM for stuff that's really private, of course, but I'd really prefer if most stuff was open to all. We're all mature role-players, we can keep separate a little bit of in character vs out of character knowledge.
Dark Wizard Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 04:37:21
I'm slow to the game as usual, still working up a character. Kuje I sent you a PM with a few questions.
Dalor Darden Posted - 26 Jan 2011 : 03:34:56
Are we allowed to make our own threads?

For example: I wanted to look around town to find out if anyone was in the market for a band of mercenaries (Gather Information +7).

Do I do that in a PM to you, or do I start my own thread?

If I DO start a new thread...how in the nine hells do I do that?
Hoondatha Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 19:35:24
Yep, that did it. I've got edit rights to the character sheet now. Thanks.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 16:21:54
I tried to figure out how to do that.... it looked to me that it was a DM only option, not allowed by players.....

Edit: Think I maybe set it so it's possible? :)

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

You can also type it up in a text file and PM it that way. That's what I did.

btw, Kuje, could we get edit rights to our character sheets, please?

Hoondatha Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 15:51:37
You can also type it up in a text file and PM it that way. That's what I did.

btw, Kuje, could we get edit rights to our character sheets, please?
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 15:50:59
Type up the info or use/find a char sheet online? :)

quote:

i just have a printer not a scanner...

Delanish Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 14:29:10
i just have a printer not a scanner...
The Sage Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 04:09:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Not really sure how to answer this either. I'd prob say with the way the Kingdoms shift, etc, that they would be watched and told to camp outside of the city.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Sent you an updated and "finished" character sheet.

I have only one question about Derlusk, that I can't find an answer for:

How does the city feel about Mercenaries?

Say a band of about 50+ mercenaries came to the city, how would they be able to interact with the public? Would they be allowed in the city if not employed by them?

How about if they are Calishite men, heavily armed?

EDIT:

I should note that the men wouldn't come individually...but as one armed band. How would such a group be viewed? Chased off? Watched very closely?

I have no idea...

Re: mercenaries in Derlusk... I'd expect that what Kuje says is largely the case.

Let's remember, also, that Derlusk is a very wealthy realm, so members of the Watch likely do keep a very close eye on just about every suspicious type -- including some less-than-law-abiding mercenaries. I wouldn't think they're given too much free-reign in the city, nor would the Watch be too far from monitoring where they are and what they're doing in town.

Ultimately, given that Derlusk has no actual city-walls, I would think the Watch would want any mercenary encampments close by to their watchtowers -- if only to keep the mercenaries in-line, and to remind them that they are being watched.
Dalor Darden Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 03:43:42
quote:

I can't figure out how honestly

Make a 3.x character and send it to Kuje via email.

He will post it for you.
Delanish Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 03:03:16
I can't figure out how honestly
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 03:00:23
Added, plus added your char sheet.

quote:
Originally posted by Ruul

I'm all set up on the site. I think I sent you a request to add me to the game.

Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 02:55:36
No worries, did you make me a character yet? :)

quote:

I'm new to this my account name is Delanish so not sure how to set it up since this is my first time using it..

Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 02:54:04
Not really sure how to answer this either. I'd prob say with the way the Kingdoms shift, etc, that they would be watched and told to camp outside of the city.

quote:

Say a band of about 50+ mercenaries came to the city, how would they be able to interact with the public? Would they be allowed in the city if not employed by them?

EDIT:

I should note that the men wouldn't come individually...but as one armed band. How would such a group be viewed? Chased off? Watched very closely?

I have no idea...

Ruul Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 02:06:52
I'm all set up on the site. I think I sent you a request to add me to the game.
Dalor Darden Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 01:07:04

EDIT:

I have no idea...
Kuje Posted - 25 Jan 2011 : 00:29:06
Good good, saw you posted. We're getting there!

quote:
Originally posted by Abenabin Gimblescrew

Okay it is working on my end now. I'm able to see the forum/introduction. Thanks for the help. :)

Abenabin Gimblescrew Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 22:59:02
Okay it is working on my end now. I'm able to see the forum/introduction. Thanks for the help. :)
Delanish Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 20:57:11
I'm new to this my account name is Delanish so not sure how to set it up since this is my first time using it..
Kuje Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 20:42:44
So can you post at least? :)

And I think I added everyone's char sheets now.... It looks like only DM's can do that.

quote:

Here's a link to the game: http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=45070

Rpol takes some getting used to. To access your character information, click on the Character Details link in the upper left corner of the window. For the moment, I can update the character description, which is the text and picture that other players see if they click on your name in the cast menu. I can't, however, update the character sheet, which should appear directly below the Character Description. Kuje may have to toggle something on his end for that.

Hoondatha Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 19:39:46
Here's a link to the game: http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=45070

Rpol takes some getting used to. To access your character information, click on the Character Details link in the upper left corner of the window. For the moment, I can update the character description, which is the text and picture that other players see if they click on your name in the cast menu. I can't, however, update the character sheet, which should appear directly below the Character Description. Kuje may have to toggle something on his end for that.
Kuje Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 19:33:18
I think I added the characters. Did you do a search for me as Hoondatha said?

Bare with me, I never used this is a DM. Usually that's why I stick to email. :)

quote:

Do we add our characters...or is that something you do?

Edit...

Perhaps you could post a link?

Dalor Darden Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 19:00:23
Do we add our characters...or is that something you do?

Edit...

Perhaps you could post a link?
Kuje Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 18:13:55
Well, think you're there now but I'm still not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I have all three of you showing up in my The Cast button, as well as character sheets.....

And Ruul, no worries but that bites. :(

quote:

Ok, I've found the game and requested to join.

For those of you trying to find it on rpol, make sure you are unchecking the "Only active games requesting players" on the front page search screen. Then do a DM Search for "Kuje" and you'll find the game.

Ruul Posted - 24 Jan 2011 : 15:39:49
Boo rpol.net is blocked at work. Gotta wait until I go home tonight. =(

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000