Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Films of Interest to Realms Fans . . .

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dennis Posted - 26 Dec 2010 : 09:07:09

As I understand, some scribes here are also fans of the Sorcerer Supreme, so I took liberty in sharing this great news!

Kevin Feige confirms plans for A Dr. Strange movie. A short info can be found HERE.

The actor who will possibly don the sorcerer’s robe is Patrick Dempsey, Chris Evans, or Johnny Depp. Ryan Reynolds used to be in the “possible” list, but that’s no longer true now for he’s wearing the Lantern's ring.

[Edit]

It’s been almost three years since I started this thread, and yet there is hardly any development in the plans for this film.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fellfire Posted - 29 Sep 2016 : 16:30:10
I just saw Warcraft and I loved it. The way they blended the live-action and the CG was awesome. I believe this is the future of fantasy cinema. I hope it did well so that we may see more. 4 stars.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Jan 2016 : 22:19:14
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Anyone else catch the first episode of the Shannara Chronicles last night? The Shannara books were my gateway drug into the fantasy world, and I had high hopes for this series. I thought it was visually appealing but the costumes and acting were terrible. Some of the casting decisions were laughable. Not sure if I'll continue watching.

I DVR'ed it, but I likely won't get to watch it until the weekend.

The Elfstones of Shannara was my first full-on fantasy novel, too.

Because of the TV show, they were giving away free copies of the book at GenCon, this year. I had just replaced my copy a few months previously, but because I'm a huge fan of that which is free, I grabbed one of those free copies. I wound up passing it off to a guy at work who had never read any of the Shannara books.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 06 Jan 2016 : 22:00:11
Anyone else catch the first episode of the Shannara Chronicles last night? The Shannara books were my gateway drug into the fantasy world, and I had high hopes for this series. I thought it was visually appealing but the costumes and acting were terrible. Some of the casting decisions were laughable. Not sure if I'll continue watching.
Thauranil Posted - 18 Oct 2014 : 12:58:55
So DC finally got its act together and has announced around 10 new superhero movies. Read more here .
The Cyborg movie was a surprise but IMO its a welcome one. I am also looking forward to Wonder Woman and of course the Justice League movies.

Thauranil Posted - 08 Sep 2014 : 12:09:57
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The concept of a DC integrated television universe intrigues me. But then we hear stuff that the various television shows they've planned won't be in the "same universe" as their big-budget production films like Dawn of Justice, and it all starts to become a little confusing.

Ah thats probably a way for them to save money. After all if their TV stars become full fledged movie stars then they will be able to demand much higher salaries.
Fellfire Posted - 08 Sep 2014 : 02:52:12
I'm looking forward to Gotham
The Sage Posted - 08 Sep 2014 : 02:47:41
The concept of a DC integrated television universe intrigues me. But then we hear stuff that the various television shows they've planned won't be in the "same universe" as their big-budget production films like Dawn of Justice, and it all starts to become a little confusing.
Thauranil Posted - 07 Sep 2014 : 12:56:10
Well lets see how that goes. Season one of that show was a bit underwhelming after all so I hope they are able to do a better job this time.
I love most of the Marvel films, but this is one aspect that i always had a problem with. Hopefully DC will do a better job in creating an integrated universe.
The Sage Posted - 06 Sep 2014 : 14:45:50
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think its a good idea to have more than one Superhero in a movie. Black widow was awesome in Cap 2 after all but you think were kind of left wondering the rest of the avengers were.

There's an official chronology floating around somewhere on the web, that supposedly documents the activities of the other Avengers whilst the events of a particular film, like The Winter Solider, were occurring.

Plus, there's official Marvel comic books that sometimes pick up the slack. Like the miniseries detailing the location of War Machine during the events of The Avengers and the Battle of New York.

Ah but they must have had to stretch the facts a bit. What could be more important than an alien invasion or hydra taking over the world after all.

Well, the Mandarin's growing reign of terrorism against the US, for one. That's why War Machine wasn't in The Avengers, according to Marvel. Because he was investigating -- on behalf of Stark and SHIELD, the Ten Rings organisation in the Middle East, and the Mandarin's network of terror-agents.

OK so maybe he was busy in the Middle East or something. The relative merit of preventing terrorism compared to fighting off a full scale alien invasion is debatable but lets not get into that.
I wouldn't be so quick to discount the threat posed by the Mandarin. Those Extremis enhanciles had the potential to become one of the most, perhaps even THE most, world-based threat any of the Avengers or SHIELD could face.
quote:
Funny video
Capn America 2 was a great movie but not without its flaws , the plan was overly convoluted and some more superhero back up could have easily been provided. I mean where was Hawkeye or Iron man? Both of whom are intimately involved with SHIELD.

There's rumours that Barton's absence during The Winter Soldier will be partly explained by Season Two of the SHIELD television series. Which makes sense... considering that the second half of the first season of that show pretty much served as a side-sequel of sorts to The Winter Soldier film.
Thauranil Posted - 06 Sep 2014 : 14:22:22
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think its a good idea to have more than one Superhero in a movie. Black widow was awesome in Cap 2 after all but you think were kind of left wondering the rest of the avengers were.

There's an official chronology floating around somewhere on the web, that supposedly documents the activities of the other Avengers whilst the events of a particular film, like The Winter Solider, were occurring.

Plus, there's official Marvel comic books that sometimes pick up the slack. Like the miniseries detailing the location of War Machine during the events of The Avengers and the Battle of New York.

Ah but they must have had to stretch the facts a bit. What could be more important than an alien invasion or hydra taking over the world after all.

Well, the Mandarin's growing reign of terrorism against the US, for one. That's why War Machine wasn't in The Avengers, according to Marvel. Because he was investigating -- on behalf of Stark and SHIELD, the Ten Rings organisation in the Middle East, and the Mandarin's network of terror-agents.

OK so maybe he was busy in the Middle East or something. The relative merit of preventing terrorism compared to fighting off a full scale alien invasion is debatable but lets not get into that.
Funny video
Capn America 2 was a great movie but not without its flaws , the plan was overly convoluted and some more superhero back up could have easily been provided. I mean where was Hawkeye or Iron man? Both of whom are intimately involved with SHIELD.
The Sage Posted - 06 Sep 2014 : 02:52:07
quote:

quote:

quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 23:08:33
Finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy, which I quite enjoyed. My wife liked it, too, and she was iffy about going to see it.

I liked the disclaimer in the credits -- "No raccoons or plant creatures were harmed or killed in the making of this movie."
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 23:06:56
quote:

How long would it take for a superhero to fly down to New York or where ever SHIELD headquarters was located . Its not like they have to fly coach.
Sure maybe they show up late for something but if we dont even get a glimpse of them or at least a news report saying something on the lines of the Hulk is busy smashing Hydra agents in New Mexico and cant come to the party. Then people feel that its not very realistic and frankly most of the audience has never read a comic book in their lives and has no intention to start now so are completely unaware of the tie in books that attempt to justify their absence.

For them to be able to fly down, they would have to know what was happening and be free to do something about it. If someone is off-grid or simply not paying attention, then yes, the entire Battle of New York could have been over before they even knew about it.

Personally, I assumed that like Elminster and the Chosen, they can't always drop everything and rush off to the next crisis. It's not like there's only one city in the entire world, and only one set of bad guys.
Fellfire Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 20:29:21
I dono how to cnp from my tablet, but has anybody seen the ''leaked'' Deadpool movie test footage? Freaking awesome!

Deadpool vs. Bats?! Haha

54% Nightwing vs. 46% Gambit boo!
Thauranil Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 14:15:21
How long would it take for a superhero to fly down to New York or where ever SHIELD headquarters was located . Its not like they have to fly coach.
Sure maybe they show up late for something but if we dont even get a glimpse of them or at least a news report saying something on the lines of the Hulk is busy smashing Hydra agents in New Mexico and cant come to the party. Then people feel that its not very realistic and frankly most of the audience has never read a comic book in their lives and has no intention to start now so are completely unaware of the tie in books that attempt to justify their absence.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 14:05:51
quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not like those things were on a published timetable. The Battle of New York began and ended in a single day; it likely wasn't more than a few hours. Ditto for the Hydra takeover.
Thauranil Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 13:26:01
quote:

quote:

The Sage Posted - 05 Sep 2014 : 04:56:03
quote:

Thauranil Posted - 04 Sep 2014 : 13:42:42
The Sage Posted - 04 Sep 2014 : 02:52:52
True enough.

I've always been curious about the idea of Marvel producing a Iron Man/Hulk team-up live-action film. Considering the long and established "working together/against-each-other" history they have in the comic books, this wouldn't be totally without precedent, after all.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 04:55:51
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by lordsknight185

quote:

The GotG Easter Egg at the end was kind of cool. But, still, I'm disappointed that Marvel broke with the tradition of hinting at what's coming next -- especially since that's usually what the end-credits scenes are for. [Though, I suppose they broke with that already, since I recall the end of Iron Man 3 didn't really set the trend for the next film.]

I'm just rambling. GotG was fantastic! Here's hoping Adam Warlock has more of a place in the cast for the sequel.

All of the Phase 2 films broke that tradition.
Not quite. Of the films you listed, the end-credits scenes still hinted at upcoming films. Iron Man 3 was the first to set just a scene between characters that didn't really lay out any hints for future films.

At least, that's what we think right now...
The Sage Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 03:49:05
Sorry. Probably should have made myself clearer.
lordsknight185 Posted - 03 Sep 2014 : 03:29:59
quote:

quote:

quote:

The GotG Easter Egg at the end was kind of cool. But, still, I'm disappointed that Marvel broke with the tradition of hinting at what's coming next -- especially since that's usually what the end-credits scenes are for. [Though, I suppose they broke with that already, since I recall the end of Iron Man 3 didn't really set the trend for the next film.]

I'm just rambling. GotG was fantastic! Here's hoping Adam Warlock has more of a place in the cast for the sequel.

Not quite. Of the films you listed, the end-credits scenes still hinted at upcoming films. Iron Man 3 was the first to set just a scene between characters that didn't really lay out any hints for future films.

I understand now! *cough*
I misunderstood your meaning, and in that case you are correct.
The Sage Posted - 02 Sep 2014 : 04:12:18
quote:

quote:

lordsknight185 Posted - 01 Sep 2014 : 17:02:58
quote:

All of the Phase 2 films broke that tradition. Iron Man 3 didn't do it. Thor 2 skipped cap2 and hinted at gotg, then Winter Soldier skipped gotg and hinted at Avengers 2.
Rymac Posted - 01 Sep 2014 : 07:05:31
I saw "As Above, So Below" Sunday afternoon. The whole time the protagonists are in the Catacombs of Paris I kept thinking, there is a real-world parallel to Undermountain, or the Dungeon of the Crypt (or any other fantasy dungeon ever created under a medieval metropolis).

Great movie BTW, if you can stand the shaky cam, found-footage style of film-making.
Roseweave Posted - 22 Aug 2014 : 00:23:42
i can't think of any really good fantasy films tbh but i'm always open to recommendation. it's just a hard thing to do right i think. like a straight up D&D-ish fantasy with all the common tropes, they can't even get the generic stuff right generally let alone fun and interesting takes on it.
The Red Walker Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 14:53:06
quote:

Im hoping the end credits scene means that Comrade Cosmo will be on the team in the next go around
The Sage Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 02:57:05

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 18:08:34
Ouch. I never DID go see it myself, Sage. It's already coming out on DVD, and I don't even plan on buying it (or the first one, either) until it hits the 5$ bin at my local Wal-Mart. However, I AM buying TMNT the MINUTE it hits stores!! I loved it so much I saw it TWICE!! (And never mind that my ticket[s] was/were free both times, thanks to Crush and the Nick TMNT promos.) GotG was awesome, too. Especially the Easter Egg at the end!! (Those who've seen it know what I mean- nice nod to another Marvel hero!!)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000