Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Films of Interest to Realms Fans . . .

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dennis Posted - 26 Dec 2010 : 09:07:09

As I understand, some scribes here are also fans of the Sorcerer Supreme, so I took liberty in sharing this great news!

Kevin Feige confirms plans for A Dr. Strange movie. A short info can be found HERE.

The actor who will possibly don the sorcererís robe is Patrick Dempsey, Chris Evans, or Johnny Depp. Ryan Reynolds used to be in the ďpossibleĒ list, but thatís no longer true now for heís wearing the Lantern's ring.

[Edit]

Itís been almost three years since I started this thread, and yet there is hardly any development in the plans for this film.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Roseweave Posted - 22 Aug 2014 : 00:23:42
i can't think of any really good fantasy films tbh but i'm always open to recommendation. it's just a hard thing to do right i think. like a straight up D&D-ish fantasy with all the common tropes, they can't even get the generic stuff right generally let alone fun and interesting takes on it.
The Red Walker Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 14:53:06
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The GotG Easter Egg at the end was kind of cool. But, still, I'm disappointed that Marvel broke with the tradition of hinting at what's coming next -- especially since that's usually what the end-credits scenes are for. [Though, I suppose they broke with that already, since I recall the end of Iron Man 3 didn't really set the trend for the next film.]

I'm just rambling. GotG was fantastic! Here's hoping Adam Warlock has more of a place in the cast for the sequel.

Im hoping the end credits scene means that Comrade Cosmo will be on the team in the next go around
The Sage Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 02:57:05
The GotG Easter Egg at the end was kind of cool. But, still, I'm disappointed that Marvel broke with the tradition of hinting at what's coming next -- especially since that's usually what the end-credits scenes are for. [Though, I suppose they broke with that already, since I recall the end of Iron Man 3 didn't really set the trend for the next film.]

I'm just rambling. GotG was fantastic! Here's hoping Adam Warlock has more of a place in the cast for the sequel.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 18:08:34
Ouch. I never DID go see it myself, Sage. It's already coming out on DVD, and I don't even plan on buying it (or the first one, either) until it hits the 5$ bin at my local Wal-Mart. However, I AM buying TMNT the MINUTE it hits stores!! I loved it so much I saw it TWICE!! (And never mind that my ticket[s] was/were free both times, thanks to Crush and the Nick TMNT promos.) GotG was awesome, too. Especially the Easter Egg at the end!! (Those who've seen it know what I mean- nice nod to another Marvel hero!!)
The Sage Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 15:20:36
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Is it just me or does the new Amazing Spiderman not even hold a candle to Toby McGuire as both P.P. and the neighborhood nuisance?

From some posts I made earlier in the year during this scroll's previous SPIDER-MAN discussion:-
quote:

All I will say is that, considering the first Amazing Spider-Man has, so far, been the ONLY Marvel-related-character film that I've ever actually considered walking out on [and this includes a midnight screening of Daredevil, and then later the second Ghost Rider film], I'm still attempting to find some degree of enthusiasm for the second Spidey film.

I mean, really, with what Marvel films can achieve... with The Avengers and, now, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Sony really either needs to hire better writers/directors, or just sell the rights back to Disney/Marvel.

quote:

I'd be content for Sony just to hire some of the capable screenwriters and directors working for Marvel, now, once their own licenses/contracts expire. Really, Sony just needs to show a little more love for the mythos of the characters they're utilising in their comic book films.

And I say this, now, especially, AFTER seeing The Amazing Spider-Man 2. This just isn't what I'm expecting to see for my favourite Marvel super hero on the silver screen.

Thauranil Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 13:13:40
Its not you. I didn't care much for the first of the reboot series and frankly couldn't even be bothered to watch the second one and I am a guy who has been reading about spidey since I was a kid.
Fellfire Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 06:33:20
Is it just me or does the new Amazing Spiderman not even hold a candle to Toby McGuire as both P.P. and the neighborhood nuisance?
Thauranil Posted - 15 Aug 2014 : 11:50:35
We have a separate thread for Tv shows but lets not be pedantic. Vikings is a great show, I absolutely loved the first season but please no spoilers about season two. I havent gotten around to watching it yet.
Snowpiercer looks great but unfortunately it don't think its been released in my country yet. I will definitely buy the DVD once it shows up though.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 14 Aug 2014 : 16:00:28
I have not gone back through some/any of the comments here to catch up, but I am guessing that TV shows are good to comment on. Also, any repeats of movies mentioned will just be a +1 in favor. :)

Watched season 1 of Vikings. Moving on to season 2. If that isn't for Realms/D&D fans nothing is.
Set in the future and on a dystopian train with what is left of society is Snowpiercer, one of the best movies I have seen this year because it is unique and just kicks some (x)
The Raid and The Raid 2 are martial arts, but non-stop action. Really well choreographed fight scenes with many of them using hand-to-hand weapons.
Thauranil Posted - 14 Aug 2014 : 11:50:38
Paramount just bought the rights to Old Mans War by John Scalzi. I enjoyed reading the books in this series and the first book certainly has a lot of potential on shine on the big screen. On the other hand nobody wants another disaster like Ender's Game.
The Sage Posted - 23 Jul 2014 : 04:43:49
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm assuming that the 'Keep will be deserted the night of December 18th, 2015... So I am comfortable sharing this image of a X-Wing fighter from Episode VII.

It looks like a Z-95 Headhunter, but Lucasfilm has confirmed it is an X-Wing. If you look closely at the way the cannons are mounted to the wingtips, you can see that the S-foils are there, but not in the same format as the T-65B from the Classic Trilogy.

I saw this on my tablet, first... It wasn't until I was looking at it on my work computer that I noticed the mouse droid in the picture!

Looky!

A good chunk of my morning was spent on "no, that's not a Z-95, but Z-95s are already in the new canon because they were in the Clone Wars cartoon."

It was also confirmed during a Star Wars: Rebels press release earlier this year at... I want to say New York Comic Con, but I could be in error on the event.
Thauranil Posted - 22 Jul 2014 : 11:30:33
quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm assuming that the 'Keep will be deserted the night of December 18th, 2015... So I am comfortable sharing this image of a X-Wing fighter from Episode VII.

It looks like a Z-95 Headhunter, but Lucasfilm has confirmed it is an X-Wing. If you look closely at the way the cannons are mounted to the wingtips, you can see that the S-foils are there, but not in the same format as the T-65B from the Classic Trilogy.

I saw this on my tablet, first... It wasn't until I was looking at it on my work computer that I noticed the mouse droid in the picture!

Looky!

A good chunk of my morning was spent on "no, that's not a Z-95, but Z-95s are already in the new canon because they were in the Clone Wars cartoon."

Well, the first article I saw, I said the expected "not an X-Wing, that's a Headhunter!" comment... But that article included a Tweet from Lucasfilm saying that yup, it was an X-Wing. Then I saw a larger pic, took a close look at the wings, and noted the cannon mounts.

Its probably a newer model of X wing. Thanks to the EU being designated non canon we cant really make any guesses to what exactly it may be.
That old gripe aside, photos like this are making me more and more impatient to see the movie. I really hope that it doesn't get delayed for some reason. Like Han Solo's err I mean Harrison Ford's unfortunate accident.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jul 2014 : 00:44:34
quote:

quote:

Looky!

Well, the first article I saw, I said the expected "not an X-Wing, that's a Headhunter!" comment... But that article included a Tweet from Lucasfilm saying that yup, it was an X-Wing. Then I saw a larger pic, took a close look at the wings, and noted the cannon mounts.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 22 Jul 2014 : 00:20:25
quote:

Looky!

Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jul 2014 : 22:24:55

Looky!
Thauranil Posted - 11 May 2014 : 14:22:51
I loved those old movies but while the first one was not all that campy but the last two definitely were. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, they were still fun to watch. Of course the first one remains my favorite and I hope they make a worthy successor. Because frankly I don't want part of my childhood to be ruined just so some movie studio can make a profit.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 11 May 2014 : 01:23:44
quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Just saw the "new" trailer (basically the third one now) of the TMNT movie coming out in august. Is anyone else interested in this? I'm of mixed feelings- on the one hand, YAY!! TMNT!!!- on the other, there are things about this that bother me. First being a WHITE Shredder. Yes, that's right, it's not Oroku Saki, it's some older white guy named Eric Sachs (and us fans have already picked up on the odd name similarities....) Also, two of the turtles look pretty decent, but Raph and Mikey just look- weird. The noses seem out of place. Donnie seems to have gone overboard on the nerd gear, but Leo- well, he looks pretty BA. Megan Fox is playing April, but I'm okay with that, as long as the turtles themselves are good and the story makes sense for all the changes Bay and friends have made.

I like the look of the turtles. The Shredder thing doesn't both me too bad. In the old cartoon he was a Caucasian with a Japanese name and an African American voice actor. From what I've seen of the newer one, Shredder's pretty pasty. Depends on the execution. I do like his armor.

Actually, in the old cartoon (80's/90's, there have been two separate cartoon series since then) Shredder was NEVER Caucasian. He WAS Japanese, and in the few scenes where one can see his full face it is quite clear- in the origin flashbacks in the very first episode, as well as a few of later episodes such as the one where his mind gets switched with Splinter's, and another where he gets hit with one of his own devices and believes he is Michelangelo (which is utterly hilarious to hear James Avery's take on Mikey!) There are others, but those are the two that stick out in my memory ATM.

Re- the 90's TMNT films: Only the second and third ones were really very campy. The first one was a bit darker and more serious, enough so that parents protested the violence to the point that when the second movie was made, they NEVER used their weapons. Not ONCE did any of the turtles actually use their weapons to fight, but instead only occasionally s props to defend or annoy their opponents! (ie- distractions, blocking an attack, even handing them a weapon to confuse them, etc.)

And Bay is not directing the new movie- Jonathan Leibsman is. Bay is PRODUCING it. But yes, I understand your trepidation on that front. So do a lot of people, apparently.
Thauranil Posted - 10 May 2014 : 14:29:40
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I have mixed feelings about the new Turtles movie. While I was a huge fan as a kid, I wonder if those characters would really be able to make the jump into a proper live action film.
Did you not see the live-action TMNT films made in the early 90's?

Oh yeah I totally forgot about those. Those were a bit campy but good fun. Still not all that keen on Megan Fox and Micheal Bay though.
The Sage Posted - 10 May 2014 : 12:11:46
quote:

I have mixed feelings about the new Turtles movie. While I was a huge fan as a kid, I wonder if those characters would really be able to make the jump into a proper live action film.
Did you not see the live-action TMNT films made in the early 90's?
Thauranil Posted - 10 May 2014 : 11:29:46
I have mixed feelings about the new Turtles movie. While I was a huge fan as a kid, I wonder if those characters would really be able to make the jump into a proper live action film. Plus the fact that its being directed by Micheal Bay is not very reassuring.
Entromancer Posted - 09 May 2014 : 15:08:49
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Just saw the "new" trailer (basically the third one now) of the TMNT movie coming out in august. Is anyone else interested in this? I'm of mixed feelings- on the one hand, YAY!! TMNT!!!- on the other, there are things about this that bother me. First being a WHITE Shredder. Yes, that's right, it's not Oroku Saki, it's some older white guy named Eric Sachs (and us fans have already picked up on the odd name similarities....) Also, two of the turtles look pretty decent, but Raph and Mikey just look- weird. The noses seem out of place. Donnie seems to have gone overboard on the nerd gear, but Leo- well, he looks pretty BA. Megan Fox is playing April, but I'm okay with that, as long as the turtles themselves are good and the story makes sense for all the changes Bay and friends have made.

I like the look of the turtles. The Shredder thing doesn't both me too bad. In the old cartoon he was a Caucasian with a Japanese name and an African American voice actor. From what I've seen of the newer one, Shredder's pretty pasty. Depends on the execution. I do like his armor.
The Sage Posted - 09 May 2014 : 03:46:29
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

OMG! A friend just told me, and I Googled it just to make sure: Dr. Strange was one of Hydra's targets! How the hell did I miss that?!

That kind of makes *some* sense, I suppose, since Strange and the more occult-side of the Hydra organisation have tackled in the past. Not much, surely.

I would've thought Doctor Strange would be on SHIELD's watchlist. Now that's directly from the comic books.

Since Marvel doesn't believe in keeping spoilers (yeah, if you watch Agents of SHIELD, they *tell* you what happens in Cap 2), I figure it's safe to talk about.

When they are interrogating the Hydra guy, his (almost) exact quote is "Stark, Banner, Stephen Strange, some valedictorian ..."

I do believe that Wanda will introduce the Magic to Marvel Universe, then the Doctor will run with the ball.

More than likely, though I suspect Agents of SHIELD will at least lay the groundwork for further magic, since the Thor films really started the whole introduction of magic into the MU. It's possible that the AoS television show will promote magic before a Strange film ever hits the big screen.

Of course, it will be interesting to see whether the Marvel cinematic universe will differentiate between the "science as magic" that Thor describes of the Asgardian magic, and the purely sorcerous/bloodline abilities like those of the Scarlet Witch.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 06 May 2014 : 04:08:52
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

OMG! A friend just told me, and I Googled it just to make sure: Dr. Strange was one of Hydra's targets! How the hell did I miss that?!

That kind of makes *some* sense, I suppose, since Strange and the more occult-side of the Hydra organisation have tackled in the past. Not much, surely.

I would've thought Doctor Strange would be on SHIELD's watchlist. Now that's directly from the comic books.

Since Marvel doesn't believe in keeping spoilers (yeah, if you watch Agents of SHIELD, they *tell* you what happens in Cap 2), I figure it's safe to talk about.

When they are interrogating the Hydra guy, his (almost) exact quote is "Stark, Banner, Stephen Strange, some valedictorian ..."

I do believe that Wanda will introduce the Magic to Marvel Universe, then the Doctor will run with the ball.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 06 May 2014 : 02:38:51
quote:

Whoa! No Casey Jones? I didn't know that.

A TMNT story without Casey Jones could be a tough sell for the most "devout" fans.

Though, still, seeing Vernon [here's hoping he is as obnoxious as his 80's animated series character] could be a suitable trade-off.

LOL! Let's hope so! And man, you should check out the trailers- These guys are HUGE! (And some have suggested that Mikey looks a bit like Shrek, but.....)
Thauranil Posted - 04 May 2014 : 14:43:18
quote:

quote:

So the cast of Star wars Episode 7 was finally announced. Article here
Bit disappointing that there is not more diversity in the cast but JJ Abrams has said that there are still some substantial roles yet to be cast.

There's a lot of awesome in this photo!

Indeed. It is most Impressive.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2014 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000