Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Site Update (16 December 2010)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 16:43:57
Well met

Aye, 'tis over two years, my fellow scribes, since new scrolls have been placed within the halls of Candlekeep. But now I have found that misplaced key and opened up the door to my chamber. I hereby present an extremely long-overdue update of Realms products and other updates. There are many more scrolls to place on the shelves, however, but we have to start somewhere

1) New product information pages for: Corsair, Avenger, The Best of the Realms - Book IV, City of Torment, Key of Stars, Realms of the Dead, Godborn, Godbound, Godslayer, Unbroken Chain, Dawnbringer, Fall of Highwatch, The Hand of the Hunter, Cry of the Ghost Wolves, The Restless Shore, The Edge of Chaos, Wrath of the Blue Lady, City of the Dead, The God Catcher, Circle of Skulls, Gauntlgrym, Sandstorm, The Legend of Drizzt: Collected Stories, Elminster Must Die, The Empyrean Odyssey Omnibus, The Sellswords Omnibus, The Captive Flame, Whisper of Venom, The Spectral Blaze, Return of the Archwizards Gift Set, The Year of Rogue Dragons Omnibus, The Erevis Cale Trilogy Omnibus, House of Serpents Gift Set, Threat from the Sea Omnibus, Elminster Ascending, Sword of the Gods, The Shadowmask and The Sentinels.

2) Updated the Forgotten Realms Bibliography, 2010 FR Release Schedule and 2011 FR Release Schedule.

3) Updated A Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms, by Jason Chambers. Available in Traveler's Notebooks section.

4) An additional interview with James Lowder, detailing many points on Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft - courtesy of Eyal Goren.

5) Follow Candlekeep on Twitter to get notification of site updates and other news from the library of the Realms.

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.

Watch out for more updates at Candlekeep, coming soon.
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tren of Twilight Tower Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 05:30:41
Thanks for the update, Alaundo. [thumbs up]

Tren
Ayrik Posted - 21 Dec 2010 : 03:17:01
No hurry, Sage.
The Sage Posted - 20 Dec 2010 : 23:33:25
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

Sending PM, Sage.

I just realised that I never got back to you on this, Arik. I'll try to rectify that later today.
Ergdusch Posted - 20 Dec 2010 : 23:03:26
Great news long waited for.

Greetings,

Ergdusch
Elfinblade Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 11:56:01
Wonderful to see the main page having a life again! Welcome back Alaundo :)
The Sage Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 07:03:15
quote:
Originally posted by questing gm

What's the Twitter ID? So that I may stalk follow for any new updates. ;)

It's linked on the News page:- http://www.twitter.com/CandlekeepSite
questing gm Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 06:40:29
What's the Twitter ID? So that I may stalk follow for any new updates. ;)
MalariaMoon Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 14:29:51
Good news indeed. I too have been away from Candlekeep to long and noticed a certain amount of dust seemed to be gathering on the update shelf. I'm pleased to hear the sages breathe still!
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 05:14:26
Sending PM, Sage.
The Sage Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 05:13:29
quote:

OT, my L-BOT has now downloaded some 17GB of unsorted (and compressed) Realmslore; still tracking a few thousand dead links, but it seems unlikely to accumulate much more. I'm not looking forward to sorting this mess.
Would you care for some assistance in this?
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 03:16:42
Mechanus.

I speculate that Sagelore is not presented until it is completely collected, analyzed, organized, structured, indexed, edited, lost in the bureaucracy, inquired about, found in the bureaucracy, re-edited, forgotten, lost again, found again, remembered, appended, re-appended, then finally submitted.

The Recycle Bin is nothing more than an extradimensional storage pocket; like the Fugue Plane, from which lore might be harvested and relocated to it's proper resting place or simply erased from existence forever.

OT, my L-BOT has now downloaded some 17GB of unsorted (and compressed) Realmslore; still tracking a few thousand dead links, but it seems unlikely to accumulate much more. I'm not looking forward to sorting this mess.
The Red Walker Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 03:04:08
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Is Sage's 'to-do' list the RW equivalent of Limbo?

Or maybe more like the Bermuda Triangle....

Recycle bin?
Markustay Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:32:23
Is Sage's 'to-do' list the RW equivalent of Limbo?

Or maybe more like the Bermuda Triangle....
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:29:38
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

At last!!!! Welcome back big Al.

Now maybe I can get my Avatar updated ...
Yeah, what Markus said! As I recall, he's asked about this before. So who dropped the ball this time? I blame Wooly.

*The Sage quickly and quietly hides the copy of Markus's new avatar, that's been gathering virtual dust on his electronic shelf.*

It's not my fault you put changing his avatar on your to-do list...
The Sage Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:09:43
quote:

Now maybe I can get my Avatar updated ...
Yeah, what Markus said! As I recall, he's asked about this before. So who dropped the ball this time? I blame Wooly.

*The Sage quickly and quietly hides the copy of Markus's new avatar, that's been gathering virtual dust on his electronic shelf.*
The Sage Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:07:09
quote:

Greatest luck on this most monumental task, Sage. And I thank ye and Big Al both* for putting the time into it.
Oh, my files are already compiled. I'm up-to-date as of 12 December 2010. There just hasn't been much opportunity to continue uploading the previous years of compiled replies, to the main site.
Markustay Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 01:56:14

Now maybe I can get my Avatar updated, and the proper link added for the Erlkazar map (the thumbnail is correct, but it takes you to the wrong version), and , ummmmm... maybe see something in the way of CKC get under way?

{And right now my mind is picturing a scene from a gospel church, with the choir belting-out a soulful rendition of Oh Happy Day.

He may not be Jesus, but Alaundo is the closest thing the Realms had to 'a prophet'.
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 01:15:56
Greatest luck on this most monumental task, Sage. And I thank ye and Big Al both* for putting the time into it.

[Edit]
* And also the ever-charming THO and always entertaining Ed, of course. Ye must surely sometimes tire of having crotchety old Elminster living in your basement.
The Sage Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:08:09
And yes, we're well aware that the "So Saith Ed" archives are sadly out of date. Thus, Alaundo and I are presently taking steps to finish up the '08 section of that shelf.

When that's done, I'll have the rest of the '09 and remaining 2010 replies uploaded as well.
Dennis Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 23:52:40
Thanks Big Al for the updates!
Brimstone Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 20:48:55
Does happy dance!
Alaundo Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 19:51:09
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I was beginning to think Big Al was a myth, like the Easter Bunny or supermodels that date gamers!

Some things, particularly hamsters, ne'er change
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 19:39:38
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I was beginning to think Big Al was a myth, like the Easter Bunny or supermodels that date gamers!

No honey, he wasn't talking about you. Go back to the bedroom, I'll be there in a bit.

Thanks for the update Alaundo!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 17:34:14
Alisttair Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 16:59:56
Thank you Alaundo. It's nice to see updates on the main site again. And great to hear from you again.
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 16:46:52
Fantastic news, thanks so much!
Alaundo Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 16:46:42
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

Rock on. Good to see you around the halls, Alaundo.

Well met

Aye, it's good to be back
Mr_Miscellany Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 16:45:07
Rock on. Good to see you around the halls, Alaundo.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000