Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Has Godborn by Paul S Kemp been Released?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blaha Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 19:38:07
According to the Forgotten Realms Library it was released in July 2010, see the below link...

http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_cyc.html#Godborn

However I have not been able to locate it on Amazon to purchase it.

Please advise.

Thank you
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elsenrail Posted - 25 Dec 2010 : 14:15:31
Sorry, it was a typo, indeed.
Too much joy to share with you folks resulted in typing too fast. ;)
Dennis Posted - 25 Dec 2010 : 13:20:11
Yes, I checked it too. None of the books will be released on 2011. The first two are scheduled to be released on 2012.
Brimstone Posted - 21 Dec 2010 : 04:53:14
According to Hand of the Hunter, the first two of the books will be released in 2012.

Godborn Summer 2012, Godbound Fall 2012, Godslayer Spring 2013.
The Sage Posted - 20 Dec 2010 : 14:32:56
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:
Originally posted by Elsenrail

Rejoice!
:)
According to ads in "The Hand of the Hunter", all books in Paul's next trilogy will be released very quickly.

Godborn - summer 2012,
Godbound - fall 2011,

Godslayer spring 2013

I think they're likely a typo on Elsenrail's part -- meaning, instead, that it should've read Godborn:- Summer 2011 and Godbound:- Fall 2012
Alisttair Posted - 20 Dec 2010 : 14:08:00
quote:
Originally posted by Elsenrail

Rejoice!
According to ads in "The Hand of the Hunter", all books in Paul's next trilogy will be released very quickly.

Godborn - summer 2012,
Godbound - fall 2011,

Godslayer spring 2013

Elsenrail Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 17:30:06
Rejoice!

Godborn - summer 2012,
Godbound - fall 2011,
Godslayer spring 2013
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 02:50:49
@skychrome: Oh, you know her, she'd be the one running the show and none of us would know it.

@Rowe: Shh! You want everyone to know?

I was seriously thinking the other day about running for Congress on the "Subsidize Fantasy Novels/Games" platform. Wonder how many votes I'd get?

Cheers
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 00:29:18
I actually don't think Erik will have met the age requirement for US presidency by 2012. Alas, the world must wait for his leadership.
skychrome Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 23:06:26
2012 is simply too far away... especially for a book I have been waiting for eagerly for lots of lots of months already. I mean.. come on.. 2012! ESdB could be president of the US by then!

(...and Foxy might be... his apprentice? Intern?)
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 16:20:36
Ah. I wasn't aware of the details. I was just curious if the project objective had been "altered" or abandoned. I'm happy that it wasn't, since I enjoyed the first trilogy.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 16:15:16
To follow SC's point: What I know leads me to believe that the novel was already written and ready to go when Paul withdrew from WotC, so it wasn't any need for revision or rewriting. The release date was unfortunately pushed back because Paul's departure led to a good deal of scrambling in scheduling, which operated under the assumption that the book was just off the table. They filled in the gap with a different book.

When he returned, accompanied by much rejoicing, WotC stuck him back in where they had space, which I hope is EARLY 2012, rather than later. AFAIK, that's the nature of release cycles--you need to set them early on, and when they're set they're locked in. It might have come down to the simple fact that all the months were booked up, and they don't have the resources to launch extra novels in an already booked month.

I for one would love to have the book right now, but alas.

Cheers
skychrome Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 15:21:23
Paul has not mentioned anything like that and it seems the temporary cancelation was merely due to contactual and/or monetary terms rather than content. In any case Paul never mentioned that there has to be done any new work on already written novels. He also posted some excerpts from Godborn on his webpage.
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 01:51:44
Is it possible that some of this trilogy needed to be rewritten to comply with other (new) Wizbro canon? Is it possible that parts of the "original" Cycle of Night material were used elsewhere and so need to be rewritten?
skychrome Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 01:48:01
Yes that was right. It was canceled but lateron they came to terms and thus the trilogy is back on. Release dates where pushed back to ridiculous dates ahead though due to this temporary cancelation.
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 01:37:34
I see this book listed as the first part of PSK's Cycle of Night trilogy (Godborn, Godbound, Godslayer) on the Candlekeep home page (in Tethtoril's Bookshelf, in the Miscellaneous collection under "Vaporware") which explains "an agreement could not be reached between the author and WotC, and the trilogy was therefore cancelled".
Dennis Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:08:28
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

I've heard both 2011 and 2012, nothing official yet though as far as i know.

I asked Paul in FB what exactly is the final release date. He said 2012, though not sure yet of the month. He also mentioned it in his scroll.
Tyrant Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 23:34:18
I have to double check but I believe the ad in Hand of the Hunter lists it as 2012. The upside is that it also lists book 2 as 2012 and book 3 as spring 2013 so at least they will come out right on top of each other if that is the actual release schedule.
Ayrik Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 22:03:58
Artificial scarcity?
jornan Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 21:31:53
2012 seems unecessarily long to wait for a book that is, from what I understand, already finished being written.
Brimstone Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 20:51:40
It was orignally cancelled and another book took its place. Thats why it's not out yet. I am glad it's back on. It will be released in 2012 according to Paul's scroll.
Blaha Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 20:01:23
Thank you - Usually that site is spot on with the release dates, and if there are any changes they usually update it swiftly.

thank you again
Elfinblade Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 19:55:13
I've heard both 2011 and 2012, nothing official yet though as far as i know.
Alisttair Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 19:45:46
It's been pushed back to 2011 I believe - exact month I forget.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000