Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Realmslore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 26 Jan 2004 : 22:58:45
Well met

Let it be known that we are now more actively seeking Realms material and urging fellow scribes of Candlekeep to send forth their personal works and collections to share with other Forgotten Realms fans here in the library, to add to the ever growing vaults of Realmslore made available for all to see.

Therefore, any such material penned by yourself on any Realms subject will be greatfully appreciated. Whether it be official reproductions and collected material or your own expansions, we will be happy to hear from you.

For example, please stop by and take a look at the scrolls found in the Travelers Notebooks room, Adventures in Faerun and Realms Lore chambers. Notes and Journals are also welcome, other such items can be read here.

Of course, your contribution will be well credited and your name listed with your work and on the main credits scroll.

If ye have anything you wish to submit or have any queries then please contact me.

Thank ye for your time.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 27 Oct 2020 : 01:37:00
Seeker Khorvaen,

I was just talking about trade routes with Senior Scribe TheIriaeban for Iriaebor, but this kind of stuff would be great for everywhere. What kind of work have you ever done on trade routes, etc. for other places?

Best regards,

Mrestos Khorvaen Posted - 26 Oct 2020 : 12:12:35
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Seeker Khorvaen,

I agree. I think it all does, but I really want the structural fluff, such as more about governance, economics, cultural beliefs, etc. I would eat that stuff up all day! :)

Best regards,

çYeah, I feel the same. Sembia deserves more flesh on its golden bones!

cpthero2 Posted - 23 Oct 2020 : 22:27:58
Tom,

I hate to say it: I've yet to read those. I am unsure of how I didn't get to those, but I never did. It looks like it's time to get in there and check them out! :)

Best regards,

Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Oct 2020 : 22:09:30
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Sembia lore also gets covered in the later Erevis Cale novels as Shade increasingly influenced them. I think that makes Sembia even more interesting now that the shades are mostly gone, though it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them still pulling the strings from the shadows.

"pulling the strings from the shadows" -- as it should have been, all along.
TomCosta Posted - 23 Oct 2020 : 19:38:02
Sembia lore also gets covered in the later Erevis Cale novels as Shade increasingly influenced them. I think that makes Sembia even more interesting now that the shades are mostly gone, though it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them still pulling the strings from the shadows.
cpthero2 Posted - 22 Oct 2020 : 23:36:19
Senior Scribe TheIriaeban,

That is a perfect example of lore I love to read about right there, as opposed to making it up myself. So cool. Thank you for sharing that!

Best regards,

TheIriaeban Posted - 22 Oct 2020 : 21:48:49
There is lore out there for Sembia. It is just scattered all over the place and would have to be assembled into something coherent. For example, there was The Wooden Nose War in Ordulin that had it's seeds in the summer of 1372 but didn't really kick off until Elias 6, 1373. That was from one Ed's web articles (named The Wooden Nose War).
cpthero2 Posted - 22 Oct 2020 : 21:34:31
Master Rupert,

I've always found with the great and rich lore you can find in the Realms, that it is six in one hand, half-dozen in the other. I love the idea of filling it in in some cases, but I love going and reading the lore!

Best regards,

Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Oct 2020 : 18:28:49
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

Personaly I've always thought Sembia need some development.

Sembia was originally deliberately left vague, to give DMs as much room to play as possible.
cpthero2 Posted - 22 Oct 2020 : 17:03:03
Seeker Khorvaen,

I agree. I think it all does, but I really want the structural fluff, such as more about governance, economics, cultural beliefs, etc. I would eat that stuff up all day! :)

Best regards,

Mrestos Khorvaen Posted - 22 Oct 2020 : 16:03:35
Personaly I've always thought Sembia need some development.
cpthero2 Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 22:55:39
Master Rupert,

Crap! You had just mentioned that in that specific thread. My apologies.

Best regards,

Kentinal Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 22:24:09
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

I guess I don't know the full story...probably don't want to.

I'm not sure I know the full story, and I was involved!

The thing of pretending to be someone else was just... odd.

Well playing a character most of us do know how to do, however odd that a user would use a new screen name to try to contact the old screen name. Also there was praise and admiration as I recall. Maybe part was the idea was to rally members to question why CEV was no longer posting, hoping there were members to rally for that user.

There can be many guesses as far as it goes.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 22:12:30
quote:

I'm not sure I know the full story, and I was involved!

The thing of pretending to be someone else was just... odd.
Delnyn Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 22:03:49
quote:

Neither do I, nor do I want to. Wooly had to deal with the full load of crap.
Dalor Darden Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 21:14:41
Delnyn Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 21:12:31
quote:

He made an account to ask about stuff from himself?

Yes, and also inquired of scribes why he could not PM Copper Elven Vampire, Oghma only knows why.
Dalor Darden Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 20:41:02
He made an account to ask about stuff from himself?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 20:36:12
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Seeker of Debauchery,

This link is probably a good starting point: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3803&whichpage=37.

Best regards,

Archfey of Debauchery was Copper Elven Vampire pretending to be someone else. He knew exactly where to find what he was looking for; I think he was trying to make himself seem more important.
cpthero2 Posted - 16 Sep 2020 : 18:57:52
Seeker of Debauchery,

This link is probably a good starting point: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3803&whichpage=37.

Best regards,

Archfey of Debauchery Posted - 03 Aug 2020 : 20:52:23
Does anyone have any lore or stats for The Knaves of The Missing Page? Or The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight?

From everything I have gathered, the Knaves are operating out of Evereska, with a member of House Floshin near Daggerford on the outskirts of Ardeep forest?

The Laughing Midnight is operating out of Silverymoon? Everlund? The Silver Marches in general? I have only read what is on these threads. Yet there seems to be more information on The Laughing Midnight than the Missing Page. Not sure if it's canon or not. I would like more information on both elven guilds if possible.

CorellonsDevout Posted - 25 May 2017 : 17:03:30
I was working on something, but it got set aside. It's on my mind, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it.
Daviot Posted - 23 May 2017 : 22:57:43
Great to hear it! I kind of did a double-take when I got a thread reminder, it'd been so long. :P
Alaundo Posted - 23 May 2017 : 20:59:01
Well met

Just a notification that I will be updating some main site content over the next couple of weeks. If any members wish to have any material included on the site (be that Campaign journals, stories, lore articles etc.) then please drop me a PM on the forum or email (alaundo@candlekeep.com).

If you have posted an article in the forum and I have not contacted you either privately or by a reply post, then I may have missed the thread, so please give me a nudge by the above methods if you wish your material included

Many thanks, fellow scribes.
Gers Posted - 24 Jul 2014 : 01:02:58
Hello,

I was wondering any one has some expertise in what sort of poisons might be in use in the Realms? Most specifically, ones that are multipart, in that two normally harmless substances that, when eaten or drunk together, becomes toxic inside the victim's body, or otherwise aren't subject to normal detect poison spells. Any help would be appreciated.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jun 2014 : 23:03:46
quote:
Originally posted by spirit_guardian93

Apparently a lot has changed since 3.5e, but I am currently running a campaign with characters who wish to take a culinary tour of the realms. Are the records in Volothamp's guides still accurate or are they obsolete now that the Sundering has occurred?

They're 100+ years out of date...
spirit_guardian93 Posted - 03 Jun 2014 : 21:39:55
Apparently a lot has changed since 3.5e, but I am currently running a campaign with characters who wish to take a culinary tour of the realms. Are the records in Volothamp's guides still accurate or are they obsolete now that the Sundering has occurred?
KacyCrawford Posted - 26 Aug 2013 : 16:48:57
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I still have my brother Brian's original timelines up on Loremaster.org for those interested. It's fairly complete minus anything newer. (http://www.loremaster.org/portal/).

Great, this looks pretty, thanks for sharing
Sightless Posted - 04 Jun 2013 : 04:00:05
I'm still working on my "titles in Thay," and "Mysteries of the Weave," as soon as they are finished, I'll send them along.
Matt James Posted - 04 Jun 2013 : 03:00:41
I still have my brother Brian's original timelines up on Loremaster.org for those interested. It's fairly complete minus anything newer. (http://www.loremaster.org/portal/).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000