Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Your wife or husband in the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jelennet Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 08:47:04
Imagine that you live in the Realms. Which person would you like to marry ans why?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 02:25:20
Annnd- it looks like Ionik Knight wins this round!! Yes it was Mikey, although Donatello came in a close second (I love brainy guys!) Raphael just got on my nerves with his attitude, and Leo was just too darn serious, in spite of being the most mature of the bunch. And for those who enjoy a good chuckle, I have recently started posting an old fan-fic tale on them. It's in the link in my siggy, the one for Mickey's Tavern. I've got several other stories in that sub-forum, too, including my created Marvel hero Red-Back. (I'm rather partial to nerdy guys, as I said, so naturally I have a thing for Spidey, too!) the rest is all my D&D homebrew world stories.

Note: If you check out that TMNT one, kindly keep in mind that I originally wrote it in 6th grade! It is almost unchanged in the post from the original, except for minor spelling and grammar corrections, and an extra line or two here and there..)
Penknight Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 02:15:05
Donatello is the one in purple, with the bo staff. He'd also be my guess, Alystra.

Leonardo had the katanas, Donatello the bo staff, Raphael the sais, and Michelangelo the nunchuks.
Ayrik Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 01:51:03
Well, TMNT did have a first brain-in-a-jar BBEG, always a good thing. The turtle with the blue mask and twin swords (the leader?) seemed to always talk more than the others combined, though their kawabunga dialogue was all interchangeable.

The geeky inventor one with the quarterstaff seemed the most brilliant of the bunch, his intellect might perhaps even rival that of Keanu Reeves. That's my guess, Alystra (on the basis that he's the turtle I'd probably like most).
Ionik Knight Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 01:41:03
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

And no one wants to hazard a guess? I'm surprised.

Well I would have said Rafael, but with the sense of humor hint I'll go Michaelangelo.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 00:43:19
And no one wants to hazard a guess? I'm surprised.
Ayrik Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 00:36:52
Now that I think about it ... chocolate turtles all look the same, too.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 16 Oct 2010 : 06:58:03
Yeah, that kind of turned me off. They didn't seem to have as much in personality differences, either. Sage, if I could, I'd steal them from you.... Lol!! (comic geek that I am. ;) )
Ayrik Posted - 16 Oct 2010 : 06:43:15
I'll admit those turtles all looked the same to me. The only things that really set them apart were their weapons and coloured masks.
The Sage Posted - 16 Oct 2010 : 06:11:50
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Was it one of the Archie-version Turtles, or the original, non-kiddiefied Eastman and Laird Turtles?
I didn't mind the Archie-version Turtles, but I grew up with the E&L comics. [I still have the graphic novels around here somewhere, I think.]
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 16 Oct 2010 : 05:04:17
Well, both, actually. Green one, hahaha! Funny, oh great Hamster. I started with the movie, actually, and started watching the cartoon, and then started reading a few comics when I could find them. Still not tellin' which one it was, though! But it should be pretty obvious, given my sense of humor....
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Oct 2010 : 04:47:59
quote:

Nah, the only "Golioth" I ever crushed on was the Gargoyle from the Disney cartoon. I loved it when he became human for a time- he was definitely shmexy. Then again, as a kid, I once had a thing for one of the TMNT's, too, so... (You'll have to guess which one.)

The green one, with the shell on his back!

Was it one of the Archie-version Turtles, or the original, non-kiddiefied Eastman and Laird Turtles?
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 17:43:26
Nah, the only "Golioth" I ever crushed on was the Gargoyle from the Disney cartoon. I loved it when he became human for a time- he was definitely shmexy. Then again, as a kid, I once had a thing for one of the TMNT's, too, so... (You'll have to guess which one.)
Ionik Knight Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 13:35:30
quote:

Er, no. My kids will all be short enough as it is with ME as a mother. I do NOT need to add dwarf blood into the mix to make it worse!! Give me an elf any day. I prefer my guys WITHOUT facial hair, thank you. Too scratchy...

Seems like the goliaths would be your cup of tea then. Bald, beardless, and definitely not short.
Shadowaxe Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 08:07:51
quote:

I prefer my guys WITHOUT facial hair, thank you. Too scratchy...

No beards? Well, I think Gimli said it best

@Arik - quite!
Ayrik Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 07:15:58
Those elven boys get all the women. It's a wonder the human race continues to exist.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 06:56:30
Er, no. My kids will all be short enough as it is with ME as a mother. I do NOT need to add dwarf blood into the mix to make it worse!! Give me an elf any day. I prefer my guys WITHOUT facial hair, thank you. Too scratchy...
Ayrik Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 03:37:46
See now, once yer tired o' all those arrogant bald foreigners ye should settle down with a properly bearded dwarf. And if ye think size matters then just take a look at all the stuffed giant heads hangin' over the fireplace.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 01:49:49
Oh great, a country full of Lex Luthors? No thanks, you can keep em'!!
Ayrik Posted - 15 Oct 2010 : 01:21:48
Don't forget all those tall bald guys throughout Thay and Mulhorandi. Assuming you don't mind your men being swarthy, ambitious, scheming, evil megalomaniacs.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 18:56:37
Mmm, Throw in Michael Rosenbaum, and I'll FUND it!!
The Red Walker Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 16:57:35
quote:
Originally posted by Lily M Green

quote:

So my RL crush on Patrick Stewart and Sean Connery is okay? Whew!! Had me worried, there...

I thought that there was some sort of international law against not having a crush on them. That is to say, I second your old(er), bald sentiments!

Yes! Bald men of the Multiverse unite!!
Erevis Cale, Patrick Stewart, Jarlaxle and Myself are going to form a guild of baldness
Jelennet Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 14:13:17
quote:
Originally posted by Ionik Knight

quote:

quote:

So my RL crush on Patrick Stewart and Sean Connery is okay? Whew!! Had me worried, there...

I thought that there was some sort of international law against not having a crush on them. That is to say, I second your old(er), bald sentiments!

I don't think I've met a RL female over 23 who doesn't have a crush on Sean Connery, first time I've heard that sentiment about Patrick Stewart though.
As to marriage in the Realms, I'm married here and now. If it's literally me then I stay with my one and only. If however it's my favorite PC in the Realms...Tarlek has never been tempted to marry but it might be possible for Alusair Obarskyr to tame him.

Well, I'm 24 and I've never had a crush on Sean Connery, but there is nothing wrong with having crushes on older men.
I think that Orlando Bloom is waaaaay more attractive than Sean...
Back to the topic: I can't choose - there are so many attractive men in FR, so I need to think some more time.

Ionik Knight Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 13:58:01
quote:

quote:

I don't think I've met a RL female over 23 who doesn't have a crush on Sean Connery, first time I've heard that sentiment about Patrick Stewart though.
As to marriage in the Realms, I'm married here and now. If it's literally me then I stay with my one and only. If however it's my favorite PC in the Realms...Tarlek has never been tempted to marry but it might be possible for Alusair Obarskyr to tame him.
Lily M Green Posted - 14 Oct 2010 : 12:29:52
quote:

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 13 Oct 2010 : 16:54:30
Cleric Generic Posted - 13 Oct 2010 : 16:53:34
Give me a fire breathing Tethyrian fish-wife any day! FWOAR!!!
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Oct 2010 : 16:50:41
quote:

Elves think marriage is c**p? Au' contrare, Sill. What about Amlaruil and Zaor? or Danilo and Arilyn? And even Quilue was "married" until her husband died.

Hmm, I'm still leaning toward Jarlaxle. I love the dark and deadly look!! And some ment just really pull of the shaved-head thing. I've got a thing for "older" men, too.... Okay, I sound like a perv, now.

If you were still a teen that might seem off.....but you have well earned the right to "have a thing for older men" ...**wanders off to see if the ole melon needs another shave*

as to the topic...Id have to marry Storm...as long as she didnt kill me for proposing
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 13 Oct 2010 : 16:41:00
Elves think marriage is c**p? Au' contrare, Sill. What about Amlaruil and Zaor? or Danilo and Arilyn? And even Quilue was "married" until her husband died.

Hmm, I'm still leaning toward Jarlaxle. I love the dark and deadly look!! And some ment just really pull of the shaved-head thing. I've got a thing for "older" men, too.... Okay, I sound like a perv, now.
Lily M Green Posted - 13 Oct 2010 : 15:13:09
If we're taking all realms characters into consideration(?) then call me shallower than a puddle in the Sahara but... *cough* Anomen Delryn *cough*

It's that twinkle in his eye and the Oh-so-pleased-with-himself half-smile, you see.

I'm sure the proposal would be very romantic, though only time would tell if the union was long and fruitful, or if I would be forced to resort to engineering a "brave and noble" death for him; p'raps twixt the jaws of a particularly narky dragon.

*Slinks from thread under the reproachful gazes of the scribes*

Sill Alias Posted - 13 Oct 2010 : 08:43:12
I won't say that someone will marry me, cause elves consider it a load of ****, so, no comments

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000