Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Elder drow & Ka'Narlist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zireael Posted - 02 Oct 2010 : 14:12:35
I was long thinking about making a race of elder drow, much more powerful than normal dark elves. Somewhat like the sidhe [ELH] are to the elves, but not exactly on the epic side of things.
Ka'Narlist might have been their creator, like he created the sahuagin, in his many experiments.

So far, my ideas are:
- crossbreeding with demons (see Layers of the Abyss scroll)
- crossbreeding with deep dragons (dragonblood template, forget which one)
- crossbreeding with illithids/aboleths (no specific template?)
- some wild tauric creature with scorpion or spider as base animal

Any ideas? Mechanical, fluff, whatever - I really need your input to make this work!
Zireael
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zireael Posted - 29 Aug 2011 : 19:22:41
I posted the Elder Drow (both in Polish and English) to my webpage. Seemed like a good idea to have everything of mine on it.

EDIT: And I hope to find time to translate the missing details for the Descendants of Ilythiir.
Zireael Posted - 01 Dec 2010 : 14:19:31
quote:
Originally posted by _Jarlaxle_

quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

The first mention of unnaturally beautiful dark elves dates back to circa -25000 DR, that is the times after Araushnee's fall (-30000 DR). Most of the sources come from Ilythiir, including the fortresses of Narathmault and Athamault. It is very probable that Wendonai the balor (the same that seduced the Sethomiir clan in -11500 DR) was involved in the eventual creation of the separate race, likewise the Spider Queen herself.

I'm not sure if the Evermeet novel gives a direct date but if I remember correctly it implies that Lotlth meets the dark elves much later than her fall. So -25000 DR may be a to early for this.

Five thousand years is not "much later" for you?

BTW I have good news. Snowblood is making an Ilythiir project! (finally)
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 11 Nov 2010 : 10:03:50
quote:

The first mention of unnaturally beautiful dark elves dates back to circa -25000 DR, that is the times after Araushnee's fall (-30000 DR). Most of the sources come from Ilythiir, including the fortresses of Narathmault and Athamault. It is very probable that Wendonai the balor (the same that seduced the Sethomiir clan in -11500 DR) was involved in the eventual creation of the separate race, likewise the Spider Queen herself.

I'm not sure if the Evermeet novel gives a direct date but if I remember correctly it implies that Lotlth meets the dark elves much later than her fall. So -25000 DR may be a to early for this.
Zireael Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 18:05:01
The Descendants of Ilythiir
Headquarters: Ched Nasad
Members: 300 straightaway, circa 10000 in the entire Underdark
Hierarchy: segmented, in the separate cells military
Leaders: Ildibane Nasadra (dead) (NE drow male Wiz 23/Acm1), SiNafay Vrinn (NE drow female ...), Saithafein Teken'duis (CE drow male warlock 18)
Religion: drow pantheon, Shar, Malar
Alignment: NE, CE, LE, CN
Secrecy: High
Symbol: a pair of green eyes in a drow face

History
The archmage Ildibane Nasadra, born in 573 DR, has travelled a lot in the Underdark, often in disguise. He noticed during his travels that there are the same qualities in the dark elves of different cities - regarding their alignment and willpower, not appearance. After long research he learned about the existence of the elder drow.
Therefore he started tracking a sparse few of the sources that are left from the times of Ilythiir and Miyeritar, including the ancient chronicles. He managed to find names of several houses that have survived to this day. Drawing a genealogical tree after a genealogical tree, he discovered that more descendants of the houses of old are alive than anyone had imagined. Thus he found a pair of descendants of Ilythiir whose ancestry he was absolutely sure about.
Ildibane, when he saw them scheming together, helped them - told them there are more who are similar to them. When the small group met for the first time, it turned out that many of them have green eyes - like Nasadra himself.
Since that time the archmage was very interested in the fate of the descendants of Ilythiir, to weave them into the web of intrigues forming the as yet unnamed organization. One day a password was suggested - "Green eyes". It quickly caught on. The name of a dark elf who first called the group "The Descendants of Ilythiiri" is not known, most probably he is now dead anyway.
Matron Aunrae Nasadra knew well her brother is not just traveling the Realms Below. She was aware of the fact that he is searching for his people in different cities of the Underdark. As long as she had her profits from Ildibane's net of informants and wide knowledge, she did not obstruct it too much.
Unfortunately, she did not know that an amazing drow woman is among Ildibane's allies. SiNafay Vrinn, dalharil lil Lloth, was among the last of Ildibane's direct children. Born in 1300 DR, she quickly showed her powers. The mortal daughter of the Spider Queen was a puppet in the archmage's hands.
Until a chance meeting with her half-brother revealed the organization's existence and the identity of her distant ancestors. Since that time SiNafay became one of the head figures in the organization.
Ildibane Nasadra died in 1371, and the vision of the Descendants of Ilythiir as a dark behind-the-scenes organization dabbling mostly in drow politics died with him. After a short fight the fraction led by SiNafay and her half-brother Alak tipped the scales in their favor. They both see the Descendants of Ilythiir as a powerful force, that shaped in a right way, can change the fate of the Underdark. For the young Matron they are an army that should serve the Dark Mother.
Another faction is led by Saithafein Teken'duis from Rilauven, the eldest of living members. Religion does not matter too much for him. He'd rather the Descendants of Ilythiir stayed a group whose aim is capturing power in the drow society, of course in a quiet way.
Both factions are nearly equal in power, and Saithafein and SiNafay often differ in view. It can lead to noticeable internal strife or even a break-up in the organization.
Another faction is led by Waerva Jae'llat of Ust Natha. She believes they can change the drow society in such a way that the church of Lloth started to accept those who serve the Spider Queen in a different way. Her plans can be made true after the Silence of Lloth, as of right now, she does not have too many followers. One of them is her half-brother Zoran Jae'llat, who is not one of the Descendants.
Yet another faction is called the Traitors. Their leader is not known, it is said though he has renounced the Spider Queen for another deity.

Details about motivation, recruitment etc coming soon!
Quale Posted - 12 Oct 2010 : 21:42:37
ok, I confused the dark elves with the drow
Zireael Posted - 12 Oct 2010 : 11:01:13
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

wouldn't these drow be pre-Lolth, sort of independent of her influence?

Look at the dates in the background text. I mentioned them specifically for that reason. They were created after Araushnee became Lloth, so they were corrupted, and even more than the normal dark elves of the time. That's why I stressed they made up the ruling class of Ilythiir. Coronal Geildirin Sethomiir was one of them, for example. The elves who unleashed the Dark Disaster were mostly elder drow, too. They were simply more depraved than their lesser kin.
Quale Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 21:12:06
wouldn't these drow be pre-Lolth, sort of independent of her influence?
jaelin910 Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 10:15:43
oh and also:
jaelin910 Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 10:12:29
the only thing i can think to say is that with charisma that high i would be surprised if they had to pay anyone for anything(due to charisma infuencing the shopkeeper to sell for less and less and less...
Zireael Posted - 09 Oct 2010 : 10:17:35
The Elder Drow v.2

The elder drow look like their younger kin - they have black skin and white hair, but here the resemblance ends. Their eyes are red, and the pale colours typical for the dark elves are very rare. They do not wear too many clothes, because that would hinder their flight.
This race is noticeable because of their supernatural beauty and charisma. The lucky few, who have seen them, have talked about "inner light", "hair glittering like mithril" or "skin gleaming with all colours". In addition, the elder drow have transparent, many-colored wings (but in darker hues). They are not merely for aesthetic value - they enable them to fly.
The elder drow are loners. They are rarely seen by creatures other than their common kindred. In the city the size of Menzoberranzan or Eryndlyn you could meet a handful of them; in a smaller town, like the rebuilt Ched Nasad, one can see only one elder drow; and in smaller communities there are none at all. In addition, a small group is living their life in the wilderness of southern Underdark, beneath what once was Ilythiir.
The female elder drow usually become warlocks, choosing the demonbinder prestige class later on. The males become sorcerers or warmages. Sometimes you can also meet a favored soul serving Lloth or Selvetarm. The magic is thick in the elder drow's veins - without it, they would surely never exist.
From ancient times they have an ability to give the blessing of Lloth to their lesser kin and the spiders (the Lloth-touched or half-fiend template). They use it very rarely, especially in modern times.
The true origin and history of this race is lost in the mist of time. The first mention of unnaturally beautiful dark elves dates back to circa -25000 DR, that is the times after Araushnee's fall (-30000 DR). Most of the sources come from Ilythiir, including the fortresses of Narathmault and Athamault. It is very probable that Wendonai the balor (the same that seduced the Sethomiir clan in -11500 DR) was involved in the eventual creation of the separate race, likewise the Spider Queen herself. The influences of the Unseelie Fey are noticeable too. Some whisper that the foundations were done by Ka'Narlist.
Whatever the truth, until the Descent, both the Ssri'Tel'Quessir and their powerful cousins were growing in power. Most of the upper echelons in Ilythiir and a small handful in Miyeritar consisted of elder drow. It is especially the case with the Houses Sethomiir, Hune and Melarn - all of which have survived till now, albeit much diminished in power.
In -10000 DR Corellon changed all the dark elves into drow, which forced them to retreat into the Underdark. Most of the elder drow chose a lonely life then, but a select few remained with their lesser kin. Some of them have led to the creation of the first drow cities - Ust Natha, Telantiwar or Guallidurth.
In the course of the next centuries and millennia, the elder drow have watched their kin (and in many occasions, descendants). They did not take ruling positions in the cities of the dark elves - on the contrary, they have kept to themselves, appearing really rarely - even by the drow standards.
This race has became a legend in the Underdark, and then was entirely forgotten. Only in the end of the 14th century DR they were remembered again. The Silence of the Spider Queen and the subsequent events forced the elder drow to come out of hiding, and their younger kin to admit this fact.

Example elder drow
Geildrin Sethomiir: male elder drow Sor10, CR 17, medium-size outsider (native), HD 10k4+10, hp 30, Init +8, Spd 30 ft, fly 60 ft (good); AC 28 touch 20 flat-footed 24; attack +5 melee (longsword, 1k8/19-20/x2) or +9 ranged (light crossbow, 1k8/19-20/x2/25 m); SA familiar (none), smite good (damage +10), rebuke spiders 14/day, walk the webs; SQ elder drow traits, DR 5/good & cold iron, SR 21; AL CE; SV Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +9; Str 10 Dex 18 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 14 Cha 32.
Skills and Feats: Spellcraft +17, Concentration +14 (+18 defense), Knowledge (arcane) +17, Knowledge (nobility & royalty) +10, Know (planes) +10, Diplomacy +21, Bluff +17, Intimidate +12, Hide +14, Move Silently +14; Combat Casting, Spell Penetration, Improved Initiative, Dodge
Spells known: 9/5/4/3/2/1, DC 21 + spell level, caster level 10.
Sorcerer spells per day: 6/9/9/9/7/5.
Spell-like abilities: 1/day darkness, dancing lights, hipnosis, suggestion, sleep, Tasha's hideous laughter, unholy blight, emotion, lesser geas, contagion; 2/day - faerie fire; 3/day #8211; detect thoughts, detect law, protection from law, poison; At will - charm person.
Equipment: bracers of armor +8, ring of protection +4, cloak of elvenkind*, boots of elvenkind*; longsword, light crossbow + bolts
* included in the statistics

In darkness: Spd 90 ft., HD 10k4+20, hp 40, attack +7 melee (longsword, 1k8+2/19-20/x2) or +11 ranged (light crossbow, 1k8+2/19-20/x2); SQ fast healing 2, control light, invisibility 1/round, shadow image 3/day, shadow step, shadow travel; SV Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +11; Con 14 Cha 34.
Skills: Racial bonus +4 to Listen and Spot; racial bonus +8 to Move Silently & Hide.

In faerzress: attack +7 melee (longsword, 1k8+2/19-20/x2) or +11 ranged (light crossbow, 1k8+2/19-20/x2); +4 to SV against divination spells and effects

In darkness & faerzress: pd 90 ft., HD 10k4+20, hp 40, attack +7 melee (longsword, 1k8+2/19-20/x2) or +11 ranged (light crossbow, 1k8+2/19-20/x2); SQ fast healing 2, control light, invisibility 1/round, shadow image 3/day, shadow step, shadow travel; SV Fort +6 Ref +9 Will +11 (+4 to SV against divination spells and effects); Con 14 Cha 34.
Skills: Racial bonus +4 to Listen and Spot; racial bonus +8 to Move Silently & Hide.

Elder drow as characters
Strength +2, Dexterity +6, Constitution -4, Intelligence +6, Wisdom +2, Charisma +14
Medium size. Type outsider (native)
Base land speed 30 feet, fly speed 60 feet (good)
Armor Class: Natural armor bonus +2
Special attacks: smite good, spell-like abilities, rebuke spiders, walk the webs (as arachnomant [Und])
Special qualities: darkvision, immunity to poison, acid/cold/electricity/fire resistance 10, DR 5/good & cold iron; immunity to enchantment spells and effects; detect faerzress, mark with power; SR 11 + character level

Spell-like abilities: 1/day darkness, faerie fire, dancing lights. In addition, if Intelligence/Wisdom > 8, has the following cumulative abilities, Charisma-based DC, dependent on HD:
1-2 HD: at will - charm person, 1/day #8211; hipnosis, faerie fire, 3/day #8211; detect thoughts
3-4 HD: 1/dzień suggestion, sleep, 3/day detect law
5-6 HD: 3/day protection from law, 1/day Tasha's hideous laughter, unholy blight
7-8 HD: 1/day emotion, 3/day poison
9-10 HD: 1/day lesser geas, contagion
11-12 HD: 1/day dominate person, blasphemy
13-14 HD: 1/day creeping doom; 3/day spider form
15-16 HD: 1/day mass suggestion, greater planar ally
17-18 HD: 1/day insanity, summon monster IX (only fiends)
19+ HD: 1/day spider shape [FRCS], destruction

Automatic languages: elven, undercommon. Bonus: abyssal, sylvan, common, hellish.
Favored class: warlock (kobiety), sorcerer (male)
CR: +7
Alignment: Always evil, usually chaotic
ECL: +8

Additionally in darkness:
+2 to Constitution & Charisma; Base land speed +20 ft, AC +4 (deflection); +2 to attack & damage rolls, +4 to all saving throws
Special Qualities: fast healing 2, control light, invisibility 1/round, shadow image 3/day, shadow step, shadow travel;

Additionally in faerzress or earth node:
+2 AC bonus (deflect), +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls, +4 do saving throws against divination spells and effects

--------------------------------
That would be all for now.
Any further comments?
Zireael
The Sage Posted - 09 Oct 2010 : 05:10:18
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

whoops. So who's sitting with the Lady K? Madam Hoody?
Thats a pajama party i wouldn't miss.

No, I'd certainly be home for that!
althen artren Posted - 09 Oct 2010 : 04:23:00
whoops. So who's sitting with the Lady K? Madam Hoody?
Thats a pajama party i wouldn't miss.
The Sage Posted - 09 Oct 2010 : 02:32:38
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

So Sage, when u say later, what does that mean in Sagetime?
Just askin.

Yes, SageTime, with slight curvature effects of "never-quite-made-it-home-so-I'm-staying-at-a-friend's-house" warping the essence of the Space/SageTime continuum.
althen artren Posted - 09 Oct 2010 : 02:20:14
So Sage, when u say later, what does that mean in Sagetime?
Just askin.
Zireael Posted - 08 Oct 2010 : 07:48:53
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I've got a first draft, statistics complete with background information (appearance, culture, history etc). I'll give it to some friends and when I have a final version, I'll post it here (translated into English, obviously)

So... We've tossed out a lot of ideas, here. What angle did you choose?

Half-fey etc., as I wrote.
My friends have already tossed some ideas to boot (new spell-like abilities connected to darkness and spiders, shapechanging, sending somebody to Demonweb Pits 1/week etc.). I should post final version here during the weekend.
I don't want to make them too drider-like. My goal was maxed out Charisma ;P
The Sage Posted - 08 Oct 2010 : 04:03:23
Indeed. I've got two other tidbits floating around in my notebooks at home, but since I'm at work currently, they'll have to wait.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Oct 2010 : 03:58:43
quote:

I've got a first draft, statistics complete with background information (appearance, culture, history etc). I'll give it to some friends and when I have a final version, I'll post it here (translated into English, obviously)

So... We've tossed out a lot of ideas, here. What angle did you choose?
Zireael Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 14:23:15
The Sage Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 13:42:01
Of course... in typical drow fashion, I'd expect these elders would eventually find some way to twist the powers of the Unseelie to their own purposes. Never again would they wish to find themselves as slaves to greater powers.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 12:46:35
There's an idea... Maybe they trade some of the traditional drow abilities for some fey abilities, and become willing allies of the Unseelie Court...
Dalor Darden Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 05:59:38
Going along with your line of thought, you could even say these particular "drow" are interested in working with the Unseelie Court which would put them in touch with their "inner fey" so to speak. They could learn quite a bit...
The Sage Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 05:51:25
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm not a fan of going the drider route, with these elder drow.... In fact, a thought I just had was that drow wishing to become elder drow can't just figure out the ritual -- they have to be invited, by other elder drow, to be elevated. And part of the process is a bit of divine assistance from Vhaeraun. The elder drow would apparently be loyal to Lolth and would likely go so far as appearing to serve their Matrons, but in actuality, they'd worship the Masked Lord and advance his causes.

I'm with Wooly on this one.

We've an opportunity to create something new here. I'd rather explore some alternate method for the creation of these elder drow, than follow what's gone before.

And on that note, and to expand a little on the Ol' Hamster's bit about Vhaeraun above... I just had my own thought about maybe having these potential elder drow -- as worshippers of the Masked Lord -- willingly working with receptive elder elves on the surface world in order to pierce the veil of understanding how greater magic and arcane focus can be achieved and maintained by these elder drow. In effect, these drow would be learning about how the surface elder elves achieve such levels of arcane mastery... and attempting to work it for themselves.

It's not too much of a stretch... since part of the dogma for Vhaeraun worship maintains that the drow should work with the other elven races in pursuit of knowledge and advancement.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 05:10:34
I'm not a fan of going the drider route, with these elder drow.... In fact, a thought I just had was that drow wishing to become elder drow can't just figure out the ritual -- they have to be invited, by other elder drow, to be elevated. And part of the process is a bit of divine assistance from Vhaeraun. The elder drow would apparently be loyal to Lolth and would likely go so far as appearing to serve their Matrons, but in actuality, they'd worship the Masked Lord and advance his causes.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 07 Oct 2010 : 04:14:13
That's been suggested before in another thread (by me, actually) but it's been debated.
jaelin910 Posted - 06 Oct 2010 : 13:43:25
mabey if the elder drow were like the driders in appearance and origin - made by lolth, and part spider.
but instead of it being a punishment(im assuming here that being made into a drider is a punishment) its a reward for centuries of absolute devotion or somesuch

im fairly sure that being a drider is punishment. i think i remember something to that effect in one of the earlier drizzt books.
im just not sure coz it could just be to make the drow in question more useful
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 03:49:54
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I think I like the idea of metamorphosis over a cross-breed.

Not sure if you want to wander into the Realm of undead territory (using Fiends instead), but perhaps something akin to a psi-vamp, or even a 'living Lich' (like the Deathless of Eberron).

I just picture them having some sort of 'aura' - either fear or 'awe', and a slight ability to command normal Drow (saving throws apply - something along the lines of a priest's ability to turn).

You could have them become Shadovar, but thats been beaten to death. Something along the lines of Shades and Deathless, but more 'beautiful' (like fallen angels). Maybe even something akin to the 'Timeless Body' ability Monks get.

Just throwing ideas out there. For a Succubus/Drow crossbreed, you can try looking at the Diablo game's succubi - they're pretty cool, and have nifty names.

I like it... Blend some fey abilities, add some suggestion/domination ability, maybe make them larger and stronger, and give them enough power that even most Lolthite priestesses are wary of them...
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 04 Oct 2010 : 23:27:45
Hmm, I'm not sure if what anyone thought of my aranea-descent idea, but it would make for a great Lolth/Araushnee themed template. Just up their La LA by one and give them spider-climb and maybe extra limbs or something. (Multi-weapon feat would be cool to give them some new options, sort of like drow versions of Kali.) The venomous "kiss" could add to their sinister mystique, as well. Not a HUGE departure from the norm, but enough to make them a bit more scary. If you gave them web abilities, as well, you have a very dangerous opponent. note that I'm not talking about a true hybrid, but something descended from the two species, much like fey'ri or shifters. There's an entry in the 2nd ed. MM Annual FR volume of a spiderstone golem, and what I'm thinking of is reminiscent of those, but living drow instead of a golem.
Markustay Posted - 04 Oct 2010 : 17:45:22
I think I like the idea of metamorphosis over a cross-breed.

Not sure if you want to wander into the Realm of undead territory (using Fiends instead), but perhaps something akin to a psi-vamp, or even a 'living Lich' (like the Deathless of Eberron).

I just picture them having some sort of 'aura' - either fear or 'awe', and a slight ability to command normal Drow (saving throws apply - something along the lines of a priest's ability to turn).

You could have them become Shadovar, but thats been beaten to death. Something along the lines of Shades and Deathless, but more 'beautiful' (like fallen angels). Maybe even something akin to the 'Timeless Body' ability Monks get.

Just throwing ideas out there. For a Succubus/Drow crossbreed, you can try looking at the Diablo game's succubi - they're pretty cool, and have nifty names.
Quale Posted - 04 Oct 2010 : 16:27:09
Araushnee's fall was in -30 000 DR, it's in GhotR or LEoF.

The Descent of the Drow was in -10 000 DR or something

The Unseelie Court is in Phlegeton, Pandemonium

or in the Fury's Heart (3e), or in the Deep Wilds (4e)
Bladewind Posted - 04 Oct 2010 : 14:05:46
I like to say some banshees in Fearun used to be Ilythiiri sorcerer-matriarches, swordmaidens or priestesses. Some sages might consider them "elder drow". Ghostforms of darkelven warriors of the crown wars are certainly ancient enough to be consider elder drow aswell.

The Ilythiiri and Miyeritari elves lived a really long time without Lolths tyranny. Because of their close ties to fell dieties such as Ghaunadar and Vhearaun early dark elves might have been blessed with abberant grafts or divine relics of deciet and stealth. Earlier tribes of dark elves might have survived to passs on the ways of the Unseelie Court, who made them able to be darkly enchanting and haunt foes in their shadowy forests. After the first crown war Lolth and her Archdemons thaught or gave them vile spells, weaponry and tactics that work particularly well against "fairy elves".

If you extrapolate the Ilythiiri's past into what kind of people they would change into without Lolths influence I see a people that stand on equal footing with their unseelie archfey allies, with advanced magic that facilitates stealth, arcane fire-based industry capapble of extremely fast weapon production, they would be epxert trainers with a dark menagerie of evil forest creatures and building gothic-style dartree-fortresses. I still would give females strong positions of influence but not as extremely exclusive as the Lolthites are. They would be closely resemble normal moon or wood elves but be far more secretive and sinister. Perhaps their preferred weapons could be sharp elven axes for a refreshing change. The orc double axe is actually a elder drow invention perfected by in their duskblade/darkaxe academies!

Such a people could have survived by going into stasis or fleeing to a timeless plane on the Feywild. The Unseelie Court (any one know it canon location?) could have harbored such elder darkelves and for some reason (the destruction of Lolth through religious conquest/ or Corellon through the elimination of house Durothil and Moonflower) release them on Toril at a later age.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000