Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 (RMFRP, Moonshaes) For Queen and Country!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EltonJ Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 01:26:21
For Queen and Country!

A campaign ran as a T.V. show using Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying. The Producers are still looking for one more actor or actress to fill a role. If Forgotten Realms was ever on T.V., this might be the series (or it might not be. An FR T.V. show would be set in Shadowdale). If you are interested, and aren't afraid to play in a serious campaign or try out a new system, give me a tell.

Premise: An ensemble of PCs protect the Realm from threats inside and outside the Moonshaes. The Year is 1372 D.R.

Ensemble Cast:

Ramian Jaivona (Ranger) -- played by David "Bladecutter" Coffin. Ramian is a human ranger who is loyal to High Queen Alicia. He is a Ffolk with a snow white wolf companion who has gold eyes.

Maria (magician) -- Played by . . . A nine year old human child prodigy from Marsember. She is or was a tool of Sass Tam the Zulkir of Necromancy. A young child, she is necessarily a bit vulnerable. (and being Rolemaster, I can see the player characters protecting her more than they would in a typical D&D game). Maria is also a spell researcher and potion brewer.

Moonshae Knight (Warrior Mage) -- Played by Tolen. Character background forth coming. Human Knight. I'm expecting that he would be your usual knightly type. Allegiance to the crown and so forth.

A Rogue -- played by Eric Gibbons. He came into being to bring balance to the party. This is a character that combines the stealthiness of a thief and a fighter and he may or may not be a wanted criminal. He is not a spellcaster.

Supporting Cast:

Blind Tom -- A spy working for the Crown. An Ffolk who is very blind, he is an incredibly capable person and is there to provide information to the party. He's the party's Urban contact. (inspired by the blind spy in Yellowbeard)

Earl Robert -- the Knight's first liege Lord. Earl Robert holds a small Earldom in the town of Sarum some thirty miles outside of Callidyrr. Earl Robert is an Ffolk of Dalesman ancestry.

Sir Tarquin -- An evil knight who is more mischevious than most. A cowardly and vengeful dolt.

High Queen Alicia -- the High Queen of the Moonshaes.

Princess Rowena -- Northman daughter and royal ward of High Queen Alicia and King Keane. The Princess Rowena is older than Alicia's and Keane's natural children and acts as their older sister.

Sir Malligance -- Another evil knight who has dreams of conquering the Moonshaes. An Ffolk with great ambitions, he doesn't like the idea of an United Moonshaes and wants to take the United Kingdom down.

Manshoon -- A.k.a. the Dark Walker. Manshoon has come to the Moonshaes, but to what purpose, and to what end?

Pilot Episode: - A Dark Walker, pt. 1
Synopsis -- The port of Callidyrr is a buzz when a ship ports in. Some strange persons come off the dock. One a Knight from the Mainland, and another a darkly cloaked person. The Dark Walker.

For Queen and Country! 1.02 -- A Dark Walker, pt. 2
Synopsis -- The Dark Walker causes more trouble for the group, leading them on a merry chase. Can the PCs catch up to him? But defeating the Dark Walker might be too easy. Is he the genuine evil master, or is there another?

For Queen and Country! 1.03 -- Knights and Knighthood
Synopsis -- the Knight prepares for his knighting and expatriation from his former country. However, nothing ever goes as planned during an all knight vigil.

----

That's what I have so far. :)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EltonJ Posted - 25 Sep 2010 : 00:32:52
All the slots have been filled. I'm sorry everyone, I can't have any one else join in unless I have a partner-in-crime or a co-DM. :)

Said DM can run any system he likes with two caveats:

* His campaign must be in the year of Wild Magic.

* His campaign coincides with mine.

* We both share ideas.

There we go, DM collaboration at it's finest. :)

====================

Some simple Plans:

Manshoon is truly Megalomaniacal. He's the big bad guy behind the shadows. At some time, the campaign will expand to include the realms as he announces the First World Wizard War during the Year of Risen Elfkin.

His goals are simple, World Domination. By starting a World Wizard War, a War fought primarily between Wizards, he can destablize many nations and gain control of them. After all, if Manshoon cannot be in control of a United Realms, he will cause desolation and ruin through out the realms. He will sell princes to slaughter, put the youth and the subjects of nations to servitude, and ruin the land. His reason to start the World Wizard War?

To kill Fzoul Chembryl.
EltonJ Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 00:47:51
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Can I nominate THO as the 'flirtatious, man-hungry cougar'? I want to be her latest victim!

why not?
Markustay Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 00:09:44
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by EltonJ

quote:

Can I be the wacky next-door neighbor who casually wanders in without knocking on the always-unlocked door?

That's an important role. Are you sure you can create a wacky next-door neighbor and play him convincingly as a loon? :)

I'm re-thinking that. Now I'm thinking of being the comically dumb but incredibly charming chick-magnet.

That's oft-times the same guy.

Quagmire, Larry (Three's Company), Howard (Bob Newhart), ect...

There was an entire video-game line based around that character - Leisure Suit Larry.

I was thinking I wanted to be the 'nosey neighbor' who always causes problems, but I think the role of the lovable curmudgeon suits me better (the guy who complains about EVERYTHING, but underneath is really just a softy).

Can I nominate THO as the 'flirtatious, man-hungry cougar'? I want to be her latest victim!
EltonJ Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 23:58:53
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

That sounds awesome.

You don't happen to be looking for writing support, do you?

Cheers

For a campaign?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 03:16:57
That sounds awesome.

You don't happen to be looking for writing support, do you?

Cheers
EltonJ Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 03:45:38
quote:

quote:

quote:

Can I be the wacky next-door neighbor who casually wanders in without knocking on the always-unlocked door?

That's an important role. Are you sure you can create a wacky next-door neighbor and play him convincingly as a loon? :)

I'm re-thinking that. Now I'm thinking of being the comically dumb but incredibly charming chick-magnet.

You think you can play a bard with pecs? If his Presence or Charisma is really high, you might have boys running after you as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 03:16:05
quote:

quote:

EltonJ Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 03:06:45
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 02:39:41

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000