Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 FR print rpg products return in 2011?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ggroy Posted - 06 Aug 2010 : 23:48:06
Wonder if this is for real.

http://twitpic.com/2c7mzs

The slide looks like it says

"Forgotten Realms

Print RPG Products Return in 2011 !"
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scererar Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 03:37:18
excellent news indeed. one of my favorite areas of the realms to explore over the years.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 21 Sep 2010 : 15:12:13
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Now you've done it, Erik... you've gone and piqued my interest in a 4E Realms product... I'll have to figure out how you did that, so I can make it happen again, since it's likely to be the only Realms we see...
Well, not necessarily. I don't know about their planned publishing schedule, but one would hope this product does really well, and the Powers That Be (PTB) see it as a strong revenue source, so we see lots of Realms stuff in the future. It is a distinct possibility.

quote:
I would still happily pay the cover price of a printed product for a nicely formatted and illustrated PDF copy of the complete Cormyr Lineage released separately from DnDI, however, so if you can take that back to the powers that be, it would be greatly appreciated.
I absolutely agree with you, but the suggestion would carry more weight coming directly from you, a consumer, than me, a freelancer. If I were you, I'd hop onto the WotC boards and advocate for whatever you want--if it's the lineage, open a thread devoted to that topic.

Cheers
Jakk Posted - 21 Sep 2010 : 02:00:55
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Kyrene, I can't answer in exact detail, other than to suggest an interpretation of the FRCG text as saying Neverwinter was destroyed *at some point* (and there's been a lot of time since the Spellplague), and that "lies in ruins" has multiple possible meanings.

Other than that, you'll have to see!

Cheers

Now you've done it, Erik... you've gone and piqued my interest in a 4E Realms product... I'll have to figure out how you did that, so I can make it happen again, since it's likely to be the only Realms we see... I would still happily pay the cover price of a printed product for a nicely formatted and illustrated PDF copy of the complete Cormyr Lineage released separately from DnDI, however, so if you can take that back to the powers that be, it would be greatly appreciated.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 14 Aug 2010 : 08:19:25
This has made my day. Awesome news!
Diffan Posted - 12 Aug 2010 : 16:13:25
As to what the Bladesinger could "possibly" be is an Essential to the Swordmage. Essentials are sort-of like Kits for certain classes. They've previewed a few of them already, and they seem like they're a kind of "add-on" to an existing class. For example, the Fighter had two Essentials: The Gladiator and the Knight. They both have a few different "class features" but they can utilize fighter powers, feats designed for fighters and so forth. The Wizard has something called The Mage in where they utilize schools of magic- Evocation, Illusion, Conjuration, etc... in which they're geared more toward that style of game play.

So based on those principals, I can easily see the Bladesinger as an essential to the Swordmage. They're probably geared more towards a Controller (using spells to control the battlefield or singling out major threats) while still being useful in melee combat. Just a guess.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 15:21:09
Kyrene, I can't answer in exact detail, other than to suggest an interpretation of the FRCG text as saying Neverwinter was destroyed *at some point* (and there's been a lot of time since the Spellplague), and that "lies in ruins" has multiple possible meanings.

Other than that, you'll have to see!

Cheers
Kyrene Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 09:05:26
Erik,

Was Neverwinter then really ‘destroyed’ during/after the Spellplague as the FRCG mentions, or was it a bit of the old Elminster-like misinformation (“everything is true, but not necessarily correct”) purposely put into the FRCG?

As a long-time fan of Neverwinter (even above places like Waterdeep and Cormyr), I’d definitely give this a look.
The Sage Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 04:29:41
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

Meh, this doesn't have my interest at all, and I dare not say why for fear of a flame war.

Much appreciated, Razz. Thanks.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 03:53:42
I'll purchase this book. I'm at least obligated to give it a try.
Razz Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 03:07:13
Meh, this doesn't have my interest at all, and I dare not say why for fear of a flame war.
The Red Walker Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 01:55:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

quote:

Or, maybe, just why Neverwinter was specifically chosen for such treatment?

Name recognition from Neverwinter Nights?

I'm not so sure. The brief tidbits Erik posted about the book in the "Gen Con 2010" scroll would seem to suggest that this new source will stand on its own.

Well we do have this Neverwinter Campaign

Bob Salvatore's Neverwinter series

And. Rumored new Neverwinter video game.

Threes the charm, so something big is up
The Sage Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 01:26:22
quote:

Authors are actually Matthew Sernett, myself, and Ari Marmell. I don't know who did the artwork.
What a combination of RPG talent. Three of my favourite designers/writers and all in the same book. Woot!
Foxhelm Posted - 11 Aug 2010 : 00:02:14
Okay, we're going to need mind probes on Erik. So who had them last?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 23:33:25
It is in keeping with the modern 4e FR, so it's post Spellplague, though it may well contain some snippets of lore from before.

Asgetrion, that's a false dichotomy. "Essentials" is just another option for 4e play. As I understand it (and I have seen some of it), it's not a new system at all--just an expansion.

And I can't comment on the actual content. You'll just have to wait and see!

Cheers
Asgetrion Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 22:45:18
quote:

Oh and it includes the bladesinger.

Cheers

Erik, is this going to be an Essentials or "Core 4E" product? And how does the bladesinger differ from the swordmage; I was under the impression (I think it was Rich Baker who said it?) that the latter encompassed all/most bladesingers? Or is it going to be a paragon path?
coach Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 21:21:57
is it pre-spellplague time era?

((sorry, the gremlins made me ask even though i told them the answer))
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 21:01:47
Authors are actually Matthew Sernett, myself, and Ari Marmell. I don't know who did the artwork.

I wrote about a third of the book, but beyond that, I can't comment on its contents, or on whether or not there will be DDI support.

Cheers
Foxhelm Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 19:04:51
Ed mentioned some NDA covering what happened to Finder Wyvernspur... I wonder if this is connected. Perhaps Finder and other deities/former deities will be mentioned?

I just hope Finder is alive...
Bakra Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 18:00:13
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Hey Erik,

Is the new Neverwinter product a box set or a box? I have read conflicting reports. (I'm leaning towards a box set!)

Thanks for being gracious enough when it comes to responding to our inquires.
As far as I'm aware, it's a single, hard-bound book.

I have worked on a box set--the Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond product--but I'm pretty sure the NCS is a single book.

And you're quite welcome. Can't tell you as much as I'd like, but I'll gladly say what I can.

Cheers

Well then...after looking over a blurry photo of a Dracolich I was able to make out Matt James, your name, and...I couldn't read the last one at all. Who is the third author? Who did the artwork? How much did you contribute to the book? Finally, were you able to use old notes by Ed?

And this is more of a request, can you ping WotC about doing a short story set in Neverwinter for DDI?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 15:12:43
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Hey Erik,

Is the new Neverwinter product a box set or a box? I have read conflicting reports. (I'm leaning towards a box set!)

As far as I'm aware, it's a single, hard-bound book.

I have worked on a box set--the Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond product--but I'm pretty sure the NCS is a single book.

And you're quite welcome. Can't tell you as much as I'd like, but I'll gladly say what I can.

Cheers
Thauramarth Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 14:55:58
quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not so sure. The brief tidbits Erik posted about the book in the "Gen Con 2010" scroll would seem to suggest that this new source will stand on its own.

I believe that; I was just thinking that the use of the name might be a handy marketing tool - a product with "Neverwinter" on it might draw the attention of those familiar with "Neverwinter Nights", even though the contents are completely separate; see also: "Draconomicon" (2E, 3E, 4E), "Drow of the Underdark" (2E, 3E).
Bakra Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 12:28:15
Hey Erik,

Bakra Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 12:26:03
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Check this out.
Atari is up to something...

The writer made a good point. There is no 3 in any of those titles. I take it the lawsuit filed by Hasbro back in December is resolved.
Brimstone Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 05:18:19
Check this out.
Atari is up to something...
The Sage Posted - 10 Aug 2010 : 01:52:26
quote:

quote:

Brimstone Posted - 09 Aug 2010 : 20:01:39
THanks ERik!

Thauramarth Posted - 09 Aug 2010 : 19:52:50
quote:

Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 09 Aug 2010 : 17:01:44
Oh and it includes the bladesinger.

Cheers
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 09 Aug 2010 : 17:00:40
It's still too far off to say much about it, only that it will be a fun, compelling, and fully-realized campaign tool. I think it combines the best aspects of FR sourcebooks and adventure guides . . . and it has acres and acres of story.

Cheers
GRYPHON Posted - 08 Aug 2010 : 15:08:16
Good news. Hoping for fresh information...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000