Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Question in need of a quick answer.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tsynn the Sanguine Posted - 03 Feb 2004 : 01:59:41
As per the table 8-10 in the dmg

Weapon Bonus Base Price
+1................2,000
+2................8,000
+3...............18,000
+4...............32,000
+5..............50,000
+6**............72,000
+7**............98,000
+8**...........128,000
+9**...........162,000
+10**..........200,000

**A weapon can't actually have a bonus higher than +5. Use these lines to determine price when special abilities are added in.
Example: A +3 dagger that also has the speed special ability (+4 modifier;see table 8-15: Meleee Weapon Special Abilities) is treated as a +7 dagger for pricing purposes and is priced at 98,000 gp

I guess in simplest form, the question is this: Using the dagger in the example of the DMG, while the weapon has an "active" bonus of +3 I guess you would call it, for hit and damage rolls--Does the +4 component of the Speed effect assist in the penetration of damage reduction?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bookwyrm Posted - 13 Feb 2004 : 17:41:16
No, I don't actually have a link to it.
Cult_Leader Posted - 12 Feb 2004 : 14:43:33
Yes vorpal weaons can cut a head off but they still cant sadly go through damage reduction unless its has the bonus. There have been talks of this in older scrolls, look them up, im sure book wyrm has a link to said older scrolls if not him then someone else will.
Bookwyrm Posted - 09 Feb 2004 : 03:58:22
No, you can have that. However, it would be an epic magic item, since its enhancement is +6. It's not an artifact.
Ezekil Posted - 09 Feb 2004 : 01:28:38
Example:

A keen holy scimitar +6

This weapon would be impossible to make, but let's say one exsisted. Would you have treated it as an Artifact?
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 04 Feb 2004 : 00:40:09
ah alright, that made sense Bookwyrm. i thank u
Tsynn the Sanguine Posted - 03 Feb 2004 : 05:57:52
Thanks Bookwyrm!
Bookwyrm Posted - 03 Feb 2004 : 05:51:07
Not quite. In order to have any of these extra abilities, the weapon has to be enhanced by at least +1. So the cost modifier for a vorpal weapon would be at least +6, and would only bypass damage reductions of +1 or lower.
Tsynn the Sanguine Posted - 03 Feb 2004 : 03:54:38
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

Nope, the effect of speed is worth +4 on the chart for determining the value of the item. Not for the ability to pass through damage reduction. That is the other +3 mod.

So, a vorpal weapon(+5 Market Bonus, which would add to the total weapon bonus) cannot pass through damage reduction, but it can lop their head off in one swing?
Cherrn Posted - 03 Feb 2004 : 03:34:59
Nope, the effect of speed is worth +4 on the chart for determining the value of the item. Not for the ability to pass through damage reduction. That is the other +3 mod.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000