Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Pyramids under Ascore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Eremite Posted - 06 Jan 2006 : 03:11:43
Has the mystery of the thirteen five-sided red pyramids under Ascore ever been resolved in canon Realmslore?

Is it possible that the pyramids form part of the binding of the shadevari?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about having one of the plots of a fanatical Sharran faction of the Shades be the unleashing of the shadevari and returning Toril etc... back to the primordial darkness and chaos from which it was formed.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 14 Sep 2020 : 07:58:45
Master Krashos,

Any word on that self-publishing since Ed completed his heart surgery?

Best regards,

George Krashos Posted - 01 Jun 2020 : 12:07:25
Nothing has come of it. Yet.

-- GeorgecKrashos
PattPlays Posted - 30 May 2020 : 01:13:57
Wait- I'm not the only one who thought about resurrecting this five year old thread?
I just came here because it's the only result in the entire internet for the Mhaurlok Expanse- linking me back to Menzoberranzan- City of Intrigue. The Neothelid art in this was used for Volo's, so odd!

I'm a huge freak-fan of the Out of the Abyss setting, and this Illithid settlement with a dead elder brain is just... perfect..

Not to mention that the ruins of the north-east upperdark are... suddenly very interesting to me..
What came of that game designer's secret Pyramid plan? Is the NDA over on that? Something still on the back-burner? Abandoned ideas for Volos or OOTA?
cpthero2 Posted - 24 Feb 2020 : 05:28:19
Master Krashos,

Wow, I did not realize he had that surgery. I deleted all social media about three years ago so I don't see any of the convenient updates, etc.

Is he doing ok? Not much news out there that I could find searching around.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Ed is not self-publishing anything just at the minute. He's recovering from heart surgery.

-- George Krashos

George Krashos Posted - 24 Feb 2020 : 03:16:38
Ed is not self-publishing anything just at the minute. He's recovering from heart surgery.

-- George Krashos
cpthero2 Posted - 23 Feb 2020 : 23:29:16
Master Krashos,

What? Ed is reconsidering whether or not to self-publish original works? Are you talking works related or unrelated to the Realms?

Best regards,

quote:

Onder Librum is no longer a going concern as Ed reconsiders his position re self-publishing original work.

If anyone is after the Jergal piece, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it through.

-- George Krashos

Brimstone Posted - 03 Jan 2020 : 15:00:33
Ah, I see. Shame about Onder Libram, I enjoyed Ed's storys about his players getting into debt and becoming Thieves in Waterdeep!

PM sent also...
George Krashos Posted - 03 Jan 2020 : 14:16:59
Onder Librum is no longer a going concern as Ed reconsiders his position re self-publishing original work.

If anyone is after the Jergal piece, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it through.

-- George Krashos
Brimstone Posted - 02 Jan 2020 : 15:09:12
Whatever happened to The Ed Greenwood Group/Onderlibram?

I cant seem to find Crash's Jergal: Lord of the End of Everything article. I know I read it.

Also any new info on this topic?
Gary Dallison Posted - 26 May 2017 : 13:14:39
Its called Jergal: Lord of the End of Everything

It was originally on Ed Greenwoods site before it morphed into the TEGG.
Lhynard Posted - 26 May 2017 : 12:48:49
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Still my all time favourite of your articles.

Which article is this? I am confused.
Gary Dallison Posted - 26 May 2017 : 12:02:20
Well im dribbling with anticipation at the thought of what it might be. Your last works have been lore diamonds.
George Krashos Posted - 26 May 2017 : 11:22:05
Working on something for the Candlekeep seminar. It's traditional that I come up with something for the attendees. Nowhere near Impiltur, but dealing with something iconic as befits the 30th anniversary of the published Realms. Hopefully the "Hand of Doom" will make it all the way to Indianapolis by August.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 26 May 2017 : 07:10:53
Well its the most ungodly godly event ive read so far. Thats why i like it. Plus there is little conjecture and lots of room for expansion (like what happened to the survivors of ascore).

Still my all time favourite of your articles.

Do whats the mundane piece about, swords of impiltur are never mundane.
George Krashos Posted - 26 May 2017 : 01:49:44
Well, it's not really canon and much of the credit for the explanation goes to Eric Boyd also, whose own version of the tale of Jergal for another project spawned mine. I don't usually like dabbling in matters "godly" as they usualy funnel out into a vast expanse of supposition and conjecture, but this one seemed "neat" in relative terms.

Back to work on something a little more mundane for the Realms.

-- George Krashos
Eremite Posted - 25 May 2017 : 15:33:06
quote:
Originally posted by LhynardI know that it has been years since this post; my main reason was to bump this thread, not to nitpick you. No offense intended!

I'm glad you bumped it. I was thinking about this post the other day when I discovered that I had fortunately saved George Krashos's explanation for the site which he posted at Ed's new site at some point and then it was erased.

For me, that's a canon answer to something I posted quite a while ago!
Lhynard Posted - 18 May 2017 : 18:15:42
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

*put my mathematics degree to use*

The difficulty in a five-sided polygon is in figuring out how to create it with a compass (the one that draws circles, not the one that points north). It's one of those mathematical conundrums that, although you can create almost any of the basic degrees using a compass, the 72 degree needed to create a five-sided polygon is impossible* to do with a compass.

So, the question then becomes how difficult is it to express architecturally in the plans to build one? A four-sided pyramid, therefore, becomes MUCH more easier to design and build since 90 degrees is easy to create.

Of course, all this gets tossed out the window once you start using magic and it's "reality-is-just-a-guidline" rules-breaking.

*impossible, of course is defined as 'hasn't been done yet', of course.

Actually, the ancients solved how to draw a perfect pentagon with a compass and straightedge way back when; it is by no means impossible to do! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon#Construction_of_a_regular_pentagon)

I know that it has been years since this post; my main reason was to bump this thread, not to nitpick you. No offense intended!
George Krashos Posted - 09 Jan 2015 : 12:51:28
No can do just yet. It's not been ruled out of the mix. Yet.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 09 Jan 2015 : 05:54:15
Today is one day, please share
George Krashos Posted - 09 Jan 2015 : 05:37:26
One day I might give you my take on the pyramids of Ascore.

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Jan 2015 : 22:00:37
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Leylines was something I had to look-into way back in the 70's, when I was working on the 'Faerie' supplement for C&S. Then the company moved, and all my research went unused (I was still in HS, so I certainly couldn't move out west with FGU).

I've always found the RW concept fascinating (homes have even had to have their corners 'shaved off' for being across one), but I haven't really found any canon evidence of them in the Realms. If they would exist anywhere, it would be on Toril, but we've seen nothing concrete.

EDIT: And I would imagine that they would be part of the Weave, as well. Could be the Leylines are the 'major strands' of the magical web, anchoring it in place (just theorizing at this point).

Yeah, I don't recall published references to them, but I found a quote from the Hooded One saying they were in Ed's original Realms.
Markustay Posted - 08 Jan 2015 : 18:48:21
Leylines was something I had to look-into way back in the 70's, when I was working on the 'Faerie' supplement for C&S. Then the company moved, and all my research went unused (I was still in HS, so I certainly couldn't move out west with FGU).

I've always found the RW concept fascinating (homes have even had to have their corners 'shaved off' for being across one), but I haven't really found any canon evidence of them in the Realms. If they would exist anywhere, it would be on Toril, but we've seen nothing concrete.

EDIT: And I would imagine that they would be part of the Weave, as well. Could be the Leylines are the 'major strands' of the magical web, anchoring it in place (just theorizing at this point).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Jan 2015 : 15:45:53
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Ley lines is correct.
(...)

Thank you very much, Wooly! Limited English, you know...

Understood. Ley lines have not gotten much mention in prior Realmslore, and they're not the most universal concept... So I figured it was a good idea to give that link.

I myself had never heard of ley lines until they were an important plot point in a Shadowrun novel I read in the early 90's.
Barastir Posted - 08 Jan 2015 : 11:15:21
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Ley lines is correct.
(...)

Thank you very much, Wooly! Limited English, you know...
Markustay Posted - 06 Jan 2015 : 05:28:59
Well, given the end of that story-arc, they were neither very good or very bad - just trying to maintain the 'status-quo'. More like the 'grey Jedi' then a true Jedi or Sith.

Still, I like them as villains - they are pretty epic. How the heck do you fight something you can't remember? I wonder if their ability would work on an illithid? (or an Ood, for that matter).

Anyhow, it may seem I am rambling again, but the direction I've taken - scify and aliens - isn't all that far off the mark.
The Sage Posted - 06 Jan 2015 : 02:04:29
quote:

Hmmmm... The Silence as Force-users... NAAAAHHHHHH.

That's a really scary prospect, Markus. And one that I'd be keen to tinker with, actually, should I ever run a SW/DW merged campaign.

Just think of it... The Sith Lords CRPG's Darth Nihilus as a Silent.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jan 2015 : 23:58:51
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James
(...) It's a region where powerful earth nodes and ancient ley lines intersect. (...)

What are "ley lines", or would it be "fey lines"?

Ley lines is correct.

Short version: Lines of magical energy connecting various geographical points. Commonly, it's believed that if a lot of ley lines converge in an area, there is a dramatical increase in magical energy in that area.
Barastir Posted - 05 Jan 2015 : 23:48:14
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James
(...) It's a region where powerful earth nodes and ancient ley lines intersect. (...)

What are "ley lines", or would it be "fey lines"?
Markustay Posted - 05 Jan 2015 : 14:03:28
Actually, I think I've used that line in another post, regarding 'future potential FR lore', and I think that may be what Krash was referencing.

And if not, now I have a picture in my head of the scrappy little Doctor (when he became a shrunken, wizened 'gnome' thanks to The Master) arguing with Yoda. - "It a timey-wimey thing!", "An idiot, I think you are".

Hmmmm... The Silence as Force-users... NAAAAHHHHHH.
Gary Dallison Posted - 04 Jan 2015 : 19:42:28
quote:

quote:

Ummmmm...

I just pictured River Song appearing in my room and wagging her finger at me, "Spoilers!"

The lore for those pyramids has been 'hiding in plain sight' all along... you just need an epic guide to point the way.

No, there is another ...

-- George Krashos

If that's a reference to what I think it was then that was awful, and from the wrong universe.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000