Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Another casting call for a live-action FR film

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 11 Jun 2010 : 05:43:27
Rather than take up any more room in Erik's scroll, I thought it best to address the issue on a new shelf. It's worth noting that we originally started casting Realms NPCs in the roles of characters from the Jay & Silent Bob films. But that quickly expanded into a general casting call.

Here's the latest:-
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Alan Rickman as Khelben Arunsun? Dude, SOLD!

It's a shame George Carlin is no longer around, because that man was born to play Elminster.

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Alan Rickman as Khelben Arunsun? Dude, SOLD!

It's a shame George Carlin is no longer around, because that man was born to play Elminster.

Cheers

I think Sean Connery would be awesome, but he's probably too over-used for fantasy (he was a dragon, after all).

That guy who played Gandalf - he had a bit of a 'lecherous grin' - but that, too, would be derivitive. Besides, he might make a better Szass Tam (think pre-Lich and Magneto)

How about John Cleese? Strange choice, I know, but I think it would work. Nicol Williamson (the guy who played Merlin in Excalibur) is still alive, and Ed has described Elminster as being very much like that character. He hasn't done anything since 1997 though, and there might be some health issues there.

I used to think Johnny Depp would make a great Drizzt, but the more I think about his Pirate costume, the more I'm seeing him as Jarlaxle.

Although Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) actually had the right hat.

Sam Eliott is probably too old, but he's got the Moustache to play Fzoul.
quote:

[gawks]

Oh gods, what have I done?

Evangeline Lilly as Arilyn Moonblade!

(There, I said it!)

Oh, and regarding Jay and Silent Bob:

Shannon Elizabeth, Eliza Dushku, and Ali Larter are totally three of the Seven Sisters. (Storm, the Simbul, and Alustriel respectively?)

Oh and Sean William Scott as Torm.

Cheers

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 07:35:05

I think Michael Caine could pull off an Elminster role. Just put on some wig and beard. Acting-wise, he's perfect. Quite versatile. He can easily switch from funny to dramatic and back.
The Sage Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 06:10:54
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

And Sage - they could have done worse for Doom, like that idiot they got for Green Lantern.
Worst casting since Ghost Rider...... or Daredevil... {ugh}
Ah, Ghost Rider. What a miserable film adaptation of a character I've long treasured.

And the upcoming Spirit of Vengeance looks to continue that trend.

I'm a fan of the Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, and Ghostie 2099. Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider was okay, but it's not a movie I plan on seeing again any time soon... I might have liked it better if it hadn't been for pretty much all of Ghost Rider's dialog!

Aye. The Ketch GR and GR2099 are among my personal favourites as well. I like the latter stuff with Johnny Blaze too, when the demon Zarathos began asserting control over his body and mind.

The problem with both the casting and character of the Ghost Rider film adaptation was, firstly, the choice of Nicholas Cage, and secondly, the film writer's decision to meld elements of both Johnny and Daniel into the one character. They're both completely different Ghost Riders. And that's why I don't think the film worked as well as what it should have -- especially with the near 30+ year mythos the film's writers and producers had to draw upon for inspiration and material.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 04:29:08
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

And Sage - they could have done worse for Doom, like that idiot they got for Green Lantern.
Ah, Ghost Rider. What a miserable film adaptation of a character I've long treasured.

I'm a fan of the Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, and Ghostie 2099. Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider was okay, but it's not a movie I plan on seeing again any time soon... I might have liked it better if it hadn't been for pretty much all of Ghost Rider's dialog!
Dennis Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 01:46:06

It was okay for me. Though I watched it only once in the cinema and most likely never in DVD.
The Sage Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 01:07:30
quote:

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 29 Nov 2011 : 23:38:15
Anne Hathaway might work for Cattie-Brie, too.
Dennis Posted - 29 Nov 2011 : 23:35:31

Sandra Bullock is reserved for The Srinshee.
Markustay Posted - 29 Nov 2011 : 20:29:37
Man, I haven't been through this thread in a long while - good stuff here. I LOL'd quite a few times just now re-reading it.

Gary Busey as Halaster? CLASSIC!!!!

EDIT: Since I feel obligated to add to the scroll, how about Sandra Bullock as Rinda*? She's probably too old, but I think she has the right look/personality for the part. Then again, Anne Hathaway might work.

You know... the girl who wrote the Cyrinishad
Dennis Posted - 27 Nov 2011 : 09:49:03
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

Ao: Alanis Morrisette(worked in Dogma)

You're joking, right?
Dennis Posted - 27 Nov 2011 : 09:46:08

The bad guys have to be as good-looking as the good guys. That's precisely the reason they chose Julian. He's a good actor, too. I loved him in Charmed.
The Sage Posted - 27 Nov 2011 : 09:26:18
Oh, don't get me started on the inaccuracies of the portrayal of Doctor Doom in the Fantastic Four films. What a travesty!
Dennis Posted - 27 Nov 2011 : 07:40:10

You want a masked actor? You can have Julian MacMahon. Provided he's not busy playing Doctor Doom.
The Sage Posted - 27 Nov 2011 : 01:05:46
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

If it's the masked Manshoon clone, pretty much anyone can play the role.

Heh, in that case, go for Hugo Weaving. He's proven he can do a good job wearing a mask for an entire movie!

Weaving could ably portray Manshoon, actually, with or without the mask. He reflects rather manipulative evil characters quite well -- notable examples including both Agent Smith and Megatron.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Nov 2011 : 00:17:36
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Heh, in that case, go for Hugo Weaving. He's proven he can do a good job wearing a mask for an entire movie!
Dennis Posted - 26 Nov 2011 : 09:41:24

The Sage Posted - 26 Nov 2011 : 00:00:57
quote:
Originally posted by Old Man Harpell

Manshoon = Michael O'Hare (Jeffery Sinclair from Babylon 5
Actually, given his "earlier/later" role [depending on the timeline], I think O'Hare could pull off a pretty convincing Khelben Arunsun -- especially after his assuming the mantle of Valen in the Minbari mythos.
Old Man Harpell Posted - 25 Nov 2011 : 18:32:12
The Simbul = Claudia Christian
Gromph Baenre = Leonard Nimoy
Qilue Veladorn = Nicole Kidman
Halastar Blackcloak = James Woods
Jarlaxle = Zachary Quinto
Manshoon = Michael O'Hare (Jeffery Sinclair from Babylon 5)
Zaknafein = Mel Gibson
Regis = Rowan Atkinson

That's all that come to mind. I DO like someone's earlier suggestion of Brian Blessed as Mirt. That was simply perfect.
Dennis Posted - 23 Nov 2011 : 10:45:59

Tom Hiddleston would be perfect for Mask, I guess. He can "mask" his chaotic/evil nature by displaying a brother-who-cares attitude.
Yoss Posted - 23 Nov 2011 : 09:49:06
When Cale and Mask were chatting/knifing each other in the alley, I kept picturing Tom Waits. But that was either because I've been listening to his new album a lot, or my subconscious recalling and associating that weird movie (that I can't remember the name of) where Waits played the devil.
Dennis Posted - 23 Nov 2011 : 03:36:31

Meryl Streep would definitely make a good Lallara Mediocros. And Kate Beckinsale, Sarya Dlardrageth.
Wolfhound75 Posted - 23 Nov 2011 : 02:50:35
It was actually "King Arthur" but I didn't think it too much of a stretch given the PotC discussion to leap to another movie with the same actress. Incidentally, I've since discovered she played in another similar movie that I missed while overseas. Apparently she played Robin Hood's daughter in the movie "Princess of Thieves."

Coincidental isn't it?
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 23 Nov 2011 : 01:04:34
Kiera's already played Drizzt's gal- in Pirates of the Carribbean!! LOL!
Wolfhound75 Posted - 21 Nov 2011 : 20:54:41
I know it's been a while since this thread had a post but, I'm new to the forums and stumbled on it while doing some campaign research and had to offer my thoughts on a character everyone has overlooked.

Lord Auckney - Peter Hanly
He played Prince Edward in the movie Braveheart. I think the way that character was portrayed as a bit of a snivelling, whining, effemminate, spoiled brat, fits a lot of the description given on Lord Auckney.
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1995_Braveheart/995BVH_Peter_Hanly_003.jpg

And given the discussion on characters from PotC, I thought it strange that an actress I think could play either Catti-brie or Dove Falconhand didn't make the list - Kiera Knightley
If we let her play Catti-brie, the costume from the movie King Arthur might get to make another appearance!
Catti-brie & Taulmaril: http://www.rowthree.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/knightley-bowarrow.jpg
Catti-brie and Khazid-hea: http://www.justdesktopwallpapers.com/images/1280/celebrities/kiera4.jpg

Anyway, good to meet everyone and thanks to the mods for a great site!
Drizztsmanchild Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 06:22:34
Ao: Alanis Morrisette(worked in Dogma)
Rhys-Davis: As any and all dwarves(just have the producers pull a Charlie and the Chocolate factory move.)
Caledan Caaledorien or Artus Cimber : Tom cruise
William Shatner: Mirt the Moneylender
Fran Drescher: Agatha of Coneyberry.
Betty White: Matron Baerne.
John De Lancie: Cyric the Mortal
Tom Hanks: Elminster....why not, who says the actors real age has to match the characters...
Drizztsmanchild Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 06:07:44
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1947403/

Conan Stevens: Wulfgar
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 05:28:21
As far as my ideas for the Harpells, here they are.

Harkel Harpell: Ted Raimi or Jason Mewes.
Regweld Harpell: Kevin Smith.
Biderdoo Harpell: Jason Mewes or Ian Hart.
Malchor Harpell: Michael Gambon, Sir Ian McKellan, or Patrick Stewart. Possibly Sean Connery, if he cared to even take the role despite retirement.
Bella don DelRoy Harpell: Mirando Otto.
The Sage Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 03:06:56
quote:

How about a part for John Malkovich - one great, if underrated, actor.
He would be my early choice for Halaster, actually -- especially given some of his more recent film roles.
Markustay Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 02:36:39
How about a part for John Malkovich - one great, if underrated, actor.

Still no clue as to who to play Jakk Fleet? How about that guy that plays Spiderman?
Dennis Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 01:47:10
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I totally agree with Ian McKellen as Elminster... who but Gandalf could do justice to the role? Really?

I think he'll do better to play a bad guy. I see him less as Gandalf and more as Magneto. So I think he'll be great to act as any of the zulkirs, or as Halaster, or even the "human" Szass Tam.
Jakk Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 01:37:45
To keep the scroll on topic... Markustay mentioned John Lithgow a few posts back... he'd be good as one of the older Harpells... and I just realized who should play Flamsterd, the archmage of the Moonshaes... I know he's already been cast in another role, but hear me out... Sean Connery.

On the subject of madmen... Malcolm McDowell would make a good Halaster too...

Edit: I totally agree with Ian McKellen as Elminster... who but Gandalf could do justice to the role? Really?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000