Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dream Sequence Ambient Sounds (Solved)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 13 May 2010 : 18:40:57
does anyone know the file names of the ambient sounds used during the dream sequences for BG2? there are so many ambient sounds it would take forever to listen to each one. is there a master list someplace saying what each ambient sound is used for?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 18 May 2010 : 16:03:49
for anyone thats curious, heres the solution: find out the area the dream uses. for example, the first dream in Candlekeep is AR0011. open up that area in DLTCEP and click on the "ambient" tab, and it will give you a list of all the area ambient sounds as well as any other sound effects that are played over the ambient (like the whispers for example) then you can export those wav files using DLTCEP and there ya go
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 17 May 2010 : 00:51:21
you can access all the sounds used in the game using near infinity. under the 'wav' section. ambient sound effects all start with the prefix "AM". for example "AM600" or something. they are all right there, i just dont know which one(s) are used in the dream sequences (or how to go about finding out). i posted on another forum too so we'll see. thanks
skychrome Posted - 14 May 2010 : 20:58:19
Dracandos, thatīs quite tricky what you want to do. As far as I know the music -and worse in the case of ambient sounds- is cut in really small pieces in order to cut it off fast if a game situation changes.

If you take a look at gamer forums where the hardcore BG2 fans are active, you will find information on how to extract music (many titles are availabe for download in the web too). However I have not seen anything on ambient sounds.

Nevertheless I am sure that if there is some information to be found, then it is on the game forums.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000