Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Evereska and Prince Lamruil with the Tree of Souls

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Green Elven Vampire Posted - 19 Nov 2002 : 02:45:19

Why hasn't Lamruil done anything with Evereska? I wonder if he even knows about the sad event?
And now with the tree of souls planted far far up north there will be Elven High Magic again on Toril. Now.... How will this effect Evereska? How will this affect the entire North?
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 25 Feb 2012 : 21:38:14
-I thought you sent me a map along with it. Clearly, though, not. Well, that solves that.
Markustay Posted - 24 Feb 2012 : 05:40:06
I didn't do a map - you might be thinking about the day-by-day log I wrote, supposedly by Amluiral documenting his trip. It was part of the Snow Elves article.

I know we discussed were it would have had to have been, so we probably had a good idea of where and when, but nothing that was ever mapped, IIRC.
TBeholder Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 20:07:13
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Was this city supposed to have a mythal or the elves would transform themselves into snow elves?
I'm guessing a mythal that kept the temperature in the city comfortable, and/or provided some form of cold resistance.

quote:
Originally posted by Sousana

Well, according to the Great glacier, there is a place up there where the ground is warm. The Novularond mountains. I always assumed this was where the tree was planted.
Around the Great Glacier? The whole area was messed up with large-scale magic several times over. Most of the glacier itself is there not because it's cold up North, but due to a cold-related artifact somewhere down there; to the West of it lies the area where Netherese in their time did cast a lot of Mavin's Worldweaves, presumably running with gradual adjustment but no coordination, then the place was artificially dehydrated by Phaerimm, then consequences of Sharn vs. Phaerimm magic clashes, etc. South - anomalies produced by mythals, Lost Vale... Shades for all this running and screaming merely peppered and turned upside down one border of a plate full of already well-mixed salad.
There can be as many or as few warm and cold air and water flows as it takes - weather patterns gone haywire centuries ago, any rhyme or reason are purely coincidental.
Lord Karsus Posted - 23 Feb 2012 : 00:59:04
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I'd love to see that map as well... do any other scribes still have this one?

-Only he or I would have had it, and since I don't have it, either he does or it's gone. I am hoping it somehow survived, and it's not gone.
Jakk Posted - 21 Feb 2012 : 22:08:35
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Necromancy, but Mark and I collaborated on a map that showed the approximate path that was taken by the explorers in question and location of Auseriel. Any chance you still have that? I still have the article, but not the map.

I'd love to see that map as well... do any other scribes still have this one?
Jakk Posted - 21 Feb 2012 : 22:06:48
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Well, now we know there was a realm called Auseriel created here, and it got annihilated quickly by some dragons... and Maura disappeared. I think it was a pretty lame ending to a great plot hook.

There have been a lot of great plot hooks that got brushed to the side with a less than satisfactory ending.

And some that have just been completely ignored -- like the Manshoon Wars!

Indeed. I was also thinking of the Harper Schism, as well -- those two plots being kicked to the curb still irks me.

Indeed. I would also have enjoyed more about Halaster's apparent demise, and the return of Bane. Plot hook extravaganza!

Agreed on all counts... if we see the timeline opened up, they already have some great stuff to work with.
Jakk Posted - 21 Feb 2012 : 22:04:14
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

Lets hope this story will eventually see the light of day. I always liked Elaine's portrayal of Lamruil and Maura in Evermeet: Island of Elves, and had hoped she would write something regarding them and the new elven realm they founded. I guess we should count ourselves lucky if we see some mention of it at all in the years ahead.

Very lucky indeed... although the opening of the timeline, if it actually happens, gives me some hope.
Lord Karsus Posted - 20 Feb 2012 : 05:25:15
-Necromancy, but Mark and I collaborated on a map that showed the approximate path that was taken by the explorers in question and location of Auseriel. Any chance you still have that? I still have the article, but not the map.
Sousana Posted - 06 Nov 2011 : 09:38:37
Well, according to the Great glacier, there is a place up there where the ground is warm. The Novularond mountains. I always assumed this was where the tree was planted.
DDH_101 Posted - 15 May 2010 : 17:47:59
It wasn't good enough to protect them from a dragon attack though...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 May 2010 : 00:28:51
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Was this city supposed to have a mythal or the elves would transform themselves into snow elves?

I'm guessing a mythal that kept the temperature in the city comfortable, and/or provided some form of cold resistance.
Kno Posted - 14 May 2010 : 19:15:50
Elfinblade Posted - 14 May 2010 : 03:01:10
Lets hope this story will eventually see the light of day. I always liked Elaine's portrayal of Lamruil and Maura in Evermeet: Island of Elves, and had hoped she would write something regarding them and the new elven realm they founded. I guess we should count ourselves lucky if we see some mention of it at all in the years ahead.
Jakk Posted - 14 May 2010 : 02:35:23
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

quote:

Well, now we know there was a realm called Auseriel created here, and it got annihilated quickly by some dragons... and Maura disappeared. I think it was a pretty lame ending to a great plot hook.

I'm hoping that there will be some follow-up to Maura's disappearance.

I remember reading it somewhere, I think it was the 4e FR Campaign Handbook but correct me if I'm wrong, that the protagonist from the Last Mythal series, Araevin, had travelled to Lamruil's realm to offer his services to the hidden elven kingdom. There was a line or 2 about how the two of them set off to go find Maura.

I think it was in the last entries of the Grand History of the Realms... yes... 1380 DR, the Year of the Blazing Hand.
DDH_101 Posted - 14 May 2010 : 02:06:47
quote:

I'm hoping that there will be some follow-up to Maura's disappearance.

I remember reading it somewhere, I think it was the 4e FR Campaign Handbook but correct me if I'm wrong, that the protagonist from the Last Mythal series, Araevin, had travelled to Lamruil's realm to offer his services to the hidden elven kingdom. There was a line or 2 about how the two of them set off to go find Maura.
Elfinblade Posted - 20 Apr 2010 : 18:46:32
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There have been a lot of great plot hooks that got brushed to the side with a less than satisfactory ending.

Indeed. I was also thinking of the Harper Schism, as well -- those two plots being kicked to the curb still irks me.

Indeed. I would also have enjoyed more about Halaster's apparent demise, and the return of Bane. Plot hook extravaganza!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 05:47:03
quote:

quote:

quote:

The Sage Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 02:08:01
quote:

quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 00:19:18
quote:

Zireael Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 20:19:55
Locced Posted - 14 Dec 2002 : 11:12:49
Rad:

In Evermeet, at the end, Queen Amlaruil gave her son Lamruil the tree of souls to plant in the far north (further than icewind dale) which will restore Elven High Magic to the Mainland (or the part where the tree is) and create an island haven for the elves, partly in the hope, i think to restore the elves to the mainland and stop them all from fleeing to Evermeet. She also allowed him to continue his relationship with Laerals human daughter Maura as rulers of the new elven nation in hiding. basically. i think.

Whether anything eventuates... well, we'll see huh.
Green Elven Vampire Posted - 20 Nov 2002 : 01:15:47
I agree with you fully on the matter my friend!! Elaine needs to get permission to write a novel that details what Lamruil is doing!!
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 Nov 2002 : 10:05:42
Green Elven Vampire said:

"Why hasn't Lamruil done anything with Evereska? I wonder if he even knows about the sad event?"

You have listed plot hole number one in the whole Realms of the Archwizards series. I honestly believe more aid would have come from other elven forces within Faerun than the novels indicated. However, while I have enjoyed Denning's work in the past, the last book seemed to just be set up for The Chosen to save the day. All in all, I was quite disappointed with how elves were treated and in the series as a whole.

In time, the only thing that can work it out would be to have Elaine Cunningham write a novel detailing Lamruil's new kingdom and what prevented him and others from offering aid to Evereska. At least that's what I hope happens.
Lord Rad Posted - 19 Nov 2002 : 08:26:01
Im very interested in this subject, of the abandoning of Evermeet etc. Is all this detailed in Evermeet: A novel as I havent come across it anywhere else.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000