Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Zoomify-enabled map is ready

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HandsomeRob Posted - 27 Apr 2010 : 21:12:28
Hi all,
I've recently posted a few snippets of my Toril map. I'm happy to announce that the Zoomify-enabled, version 1.0 of the map is now ready to be viewed at:

http://handsomerob.byethost33.com/Map.html

I invite you all to have a look - you can zoom in on any region that you'd like to see, and please know that I am accepting edits! If you notice anything missing or incorrect, please let me know and I will try to get it corrected for the next version.

I will be adding a scale bar and map legend to the site soon as well - I'll let you know when they are ready.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Rob
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hashimashadoo Posted - 26 Jan 2014 : 20:18:37
What's the copywrite status on these things? Did Rob et al allow them to be used publicly? I ask because they're so awesome and I want to post cropped sections on other sites.
Cards77 Posted - 26 Jan 2014 : 19:17:59
I found this topic also with the rest of the pieces and the larger 800 MB full map

http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13515&whichpage=9

To take this one step further: Obviously this is way to big and awesome to view on a 24" monitor. Has anyone printed these in a good displayable format? What size was good? I have access to a plotter (huge 42" printer). I"m thinking that converting these to PDF and printing them on a 42" by ?? paper would be freaking AWESOME.

Thank you Handsome Rob and the folks that provided the files. I very nearly had a nerdgasm when I got a look at the maps. Incredible.
Thorn Illance Posted - 26 Jan 2014 : 18:28:17
You can find a link to the less-than-a-gig version on HandsomeRob's map here: http://www.talesofmoonsea.com/forums/index.php?topic=10175.0

It is far and away one of the best maps of Tori ever produced. Not as fun as the zoomify version, but still awesome.

It would be awesome if someone would layer this onto Google Earth. If anyone here does so, please post a l just link!
Cards77 Posted - 26 Jan 2014 : 16:02:33
Obviously the link is still down. If anyone has this maybe throw it up on Google Drive and share it. There are ways to make this work.
Avachel Posted - 26 Jan 2014 : 06:57:52
I know it has been a while since the last post in here, but I'd love to get my hands on the source file which you have for the whole of Toril map HandsomeRob, layers and all... I know it is huge (I think the last thing you said about it was 1.2 GB), but if we can figure out some way to do so that would be great.
edappel Posted - 23 Jul 2012 : 19:49:27
Ohhh Ao! Make this work again, please!
Artemas Entreri Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 14:06:55
Sucks the link is broken. I would have liked to see this.
Enthusior Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 12:22:14
Yes, please!
Icelander Posted - 15 Nov 2011 : 02:26:13
I really, really, really want the 1.2 GB or 700 MB downloadable versions of this map. I haven't seen it yet, but the snippets I've seen have been wonderful.

Oh, HandsomeRob or any other power that is listening, hear my prayer!
Duneth Despana Posted - 04 May 2011 : 17:55:52
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
quote:Originally posted by Duneth Despana

There is one thing I stumbled upon while flying around above your atlas looking down: Molina's Keep. I can find no lore about it anywhere and am thus very intrigued.

Location?

If its on one of mine as well I should have something on it, or can find it.

Sorry for the late reply, Molina's Keep is in Khedrun's Vale , and I'm still very intrigued by it.

quote:
Yeah, I wanted to grab his version of Anchorome before doing my own thing (if we can't keep in-sync with each other here, then where?)

Ah, well... I hope whatever is going on with Rob he's okay.

Although I think Rob has already posted this on another scroll:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2118/anchorome.jpg
Here's his Anchorome map if you still need it.
Wenin Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 05:23:45
Dropbox might be a perfect place to host the file once its done =)
Dalor Darden Posted - 17 Jan 2011 : 22:20:38
Bump!

Any news Rob?
Elfinblade Posted - 28 Nov 2010 : 10:02:37
Oh thats a shame. I spent hours hovering over this map. I really enjoyed it and i sincerely hope Rob or someone else will get a chance to get it back up again.
Brimstone Posted - 28 Nov 2010 : 04:05:47
I think it was taken down...
Ayrik Posted - 28 Nov 2010 : 03:58:05
Can anybody post a working link for this (apparently) excellent map? The OP link leads nowhere.
Ionik Knight Posted - 05 Sep 2010 : 20:10:31
quote:
Originally posted by HandsomeRob

Hi all,
I've recently posted a few snippets of my Toril map. I'm happy to announce that the Zoomify-enabled, version 1.0 of the map is now ready to be viewed at:

I invite you all to have a look - you can zoom in on any region that you'd like to see, and please know that I am accepting edits! If you notice anything missing or incorrect, please let me know and I will try to get it corrected for the next version.

I will be adding a scale bar and map legend to the site soon as well - I'll let you know when they are ready.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Rob

Are you working on any maps from previous ages?
Ionik Knight Posted - 05 Sep 2010 : 20:05:33
quote:

Hi all,

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Rob

These are some truly beautiful maps.

The link is broken currently.

BTW are you working on a Google Earth version of these?
IngoDjan Posted - 02 Sep 2010 : 01:12:42
Offline!!
Sith_Lord_Drizzt Posted - 01 Sep 2010 : 18:02:57
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

quote:
I think now is as good a time as any to start working through the edits and changes that have been suggested, and when that is done I will try to find a new site to upload it to.

Let us know how this is going whenever you get the chance Rob. I need my zoomified FR map fix!

Agreed! I'm getting the shakes from withdrawl syndrome!
Elfinblade Posted - 20 Aug 2010 : 20:10:34
quote:
I think now is as good a time as any to start working through the edits and changes that have been suggested, and when that is done I will try to find a new site to upload it to.

Let us know how this is going whenever you get the chance Rob. I need my zoomified FR map fix!
Razz Posted - 18 Aug 2010 : 22:43:05
How is this coming along by any chance?
Markustay Posted - 21 Jun 2010 : 19:16:18
quote:

Don't worry, I'm fine. Off spending some time with my family.

Apparently the site I uploaded the zoomify-enabled map to is gone. I think now is as good a time as any to start working through the edits and changes that have been suggested, and when that is done I will try to find a new site to upload it to.

Glad your absence is a 'positive' - enjoy your quality time.

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Do you guys team up on map making a lot? I'd like to see some massive project done by you two. That would be be pretty sweet!

'team-up'? Not really...

When I began to do areas outside of the 'greater Faerūn' (which includes Kara-Tur and the Zakharan sub-continent), I used Patrakis' maps as a guide - its always good to see what others have done. On his own project I had given him a link to an earlier Anchorome map someone had done for a reference (we don't want a hundred different versions of the same things floating around The Net, adding to all the confusion).

When H-Rob joined in the fun, he used what I had done and built upon it (once again, in order to keep all versions of Toril's maps 'synced-up'), which is great. Now I will turn-around and do the same with areas he detailed that I hadn't.

Homebrew versions of Toril/Faerūn are fine - I've seen plenty of those floating around, and have created a couple myself. But when making maps to be used by the greater community, it is a really good thing to keep the geography in-alignment, even when some of it is non-canon (like Anchorome and Osse). What other folks do with those other continents - which includes replacing them wholesale - is their business, but geographical continuity is key for fantasy cartographers like myself, Rob, and Patrakis.
Alisttair Posted - 21 Jun 2010 : 17:34:46
quote:

Yeah, I wanted to grab his version of Anchorome before doing my own thing (if we can't keep in-sync with each other here, then where?)

Do you guys team up on map making a lot? I'd like to see some massive project done by you two. That would be be pretty sweet!
HandsomeRob Posted - 21 Jun 2010 : 14:57:17
quote:

Don't worry, I'm fine. Off spending some time with my family.

Apparently the site I uploaded the zoomify-enabled map to is gone. I think now is as good a time as any to start working through the edits and changes that have been suggested, and when that is done I will try to find a new site to upload it to.

-Rob
Markustay Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 04:51:21

Jakk Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 03:23:12
quote:

What happened to the map?

The link in the first post no longer works.
<snip>

And we haven't heard from HandsomeRob around here lately either... regarding Project Isle or anything else.

Edit: Added link.
Markustay Posted - 20 Jun 2010 : 02:55:06
What happened to the map?

The link in the first post no longer works.
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

There is one thing I stumbled upon while flying around above your atlas looking down: Molina's Keep. I can find no lore about it anywhere and am thus very intrigued.
Location?

If its on one of mine as well I should have something on it, or can find it.
Razz Posted - 19 Jun 2010 : 03:56:20
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

On a related note: Rob: You mentioned a while back that you were re-doing your Zakhara map; I'm guessing that's done

Did I? That's weird. There are a few things that were added to Zakhara for the zoomable Toril map, but I don't have a 2nd version of Zakhara in the works.

You did, it was because you found a map in an issue of Dragon Magazine stating you had to include the Land of the Yakmen into Zhakara. It looks like you already did it, though?
Duneth Despana Posted - 17 Jun 2010 : 12:15:50
Simply wonderful, the map I mean, I'm speechless! Bravo, Rob!
The legacy of FR interactive Atlas is taking form.
So if there is any sage who'd like to enlighten me and tell me about this mysterious keep (my players are in the region so I thought it might make a nice surprise) I'd be honored.
The Sage Posted - 30 May 2010 : 05:35:11
quote:

quote:

Myth Iliscar, Myth Ondath, and Myth Unnohyr have been sent along as location queries to Ed; I'm guessing NDAs will still be a problem in two of the three, but I know I've seen enough info on Myth Ondath to figure out a precise location, but I don't recall where I saw that lore now.

Hopefully The Sage can come through with something on Myth Iliscar for us... How much work still needs to be done on that, Sage?

There's an update to Myth Ondath from me in the "Map Sections" scroll... it went in there because it fit in with the post I was making there at the time.

Any word from The Sage on Myth Iliscar?

Aye. Still waiting on some tidbits from one of the published Lorelords of the Realms. Most of my writing hinges on that bit, so I can't move forward until I have it. Sorry.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000