Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 How the rank goes?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sill Alias Posted - 26 Apr 2010 : 08:09:10
After two months of sitting here I was thinking, how much post you needed to get 5 stars? Are there any VIP members except for the authors and moderators?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thieran Posted - 27 Jul 2013 : 09:59:58
Congratulations, Markustay!
Alaundo Posted - 15 Jul 2013 : 19:08:43
Well met

Congratulations indeed, Markustay. 'tis a pleasure having ye within our hallowed halls
Joebing Posted - 05 Jul 2013 : 01:03:14
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Because, for me, its not so much of an 'art' thing (because I don't consider myself an artist, by any stretch), but rather, my research into every nook & cranny of Realms geographika. I don't just want to know where somehting is and what it looks like, I need to know the local weather patterns, the geology going on beneath, the history of that part of the landmass itself, etc, etc... its about the massive amounts of lore that is The Forgotten Realms. The maps are just a way of me documenting my journey.

That makes sense, considering I am similar-minded; I use your maps exclusively...WAY more detailed for places. The only location I have looked for and NOT found was Frostsilver (from WWGD 2007 Fall of Frostsilver, 3 days out of Icewind Dale). I added it to a copy I had for campaign purposes.
Markustay Posted - 04 Jul 2013 : 15:44:40
Because, for me, its not so much of an 'art' thing (because I don't consider myself an artist, by any stretch), but rather, its about my research into every nook & cranny of Realms geographika. I don't just want to know where something is and what it looks like, I need to know the local weather patterns, the geology going on beneath, the history of that part of the landmass itself, the people who have settled around that region, local flora & fauna, etc, etc... its about the massive amounts of lore that is The Forgotten Realms. The maps are just a way of me documenting my journey.
Joebing Posted - 03 Jul 2013 : 23:06:55
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Maybe "Cartographer Extraordinare?"

Regardless of what you go with, it's an achievement in and of itself when a scribe reaches this point in their Candlekeep career.

Welcome and well done!

Congrats to Markustay! Me, I'll just be happy to reach the next level (a LONG way off).

I see, Markustay, that you want "Realms" somewhere in the title...why not just add Realms to this? Has a nice ring. Realms Cartographer Extraordinaire...
Thauranil Posted - 03 Jul 2013 : 13:36:37
I know its somewhat belated but congrats Markustay. I ll try to catch up in a couple of decades.
Markustay Posted - 03 Jul 2013 : 13:17:18
Thanks guys - I had actually thought to make my 10,000th post my last one (one of those 'go out in a blaze of glory' things), but who am I kidding? I am an FR addict, and I'll be around as long as Candlekeep is.

I am still Yellow.... hope I am 'feeling blue' soon.
If anyone sees Alaundo skulking about, tell him I've decided to stick with "Realms Explorer Extraordinaire". I think Wooly may be right, but I really want something to do with FR in my title. Although I 'explore' many worlds, The Forgotten Realms is the only place I like to turn over every single stone.
Dennis Posted - 02 Jul 2013 : 14:54:59

Congrats, MT!

I’ll probably join your rank in two years’ time—that is, if I don’t get totally bored here in these halls, which, unfortunately, I have been feeling these past few weeks. (I know, blasphemy!)
The Sage Posted - 02 Jul 2013 : 05:02:10
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Hey Mark's stars have not changed coulor yet.
That will be left up to Alaundo to change, as I currently don't have access to Markus's profile.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Jul 2013 : 04:42:45
quote:

Its funny, because as I got closer I was actually posting less frequently, because I didn't want to be accused of 'padding'. But when I got within 3 posts I was getting antsy.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Personally, I think "Explorer Extraordinaire" sounds better.

And congrats on hitting the 10k mark, Mark!

Thank You, and I agree.

'Torillian' is a mouthful - maybe "Realms Explorer Extraordinaire' would be better.

I know it's your call, but in my opinion, "Explorer Extraordinaire" sounds the best as it is.
Kentinal Posted - 02 Jul 2013 : 03:23:41
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Well done Markustay. I'll be in a wheelchair before I get to 10,000 posts!

-- George Krashos

Well my calculations for me only 14.8 years, with your posting average it works out for you to about 22.4 years. *Wink*
Artemas Entreri Posted - 02 Jul 2013 : 02:35:36
Good job Markustay!
George Krashos Posted - 02 Jul 2013 : 02:13:19
Well done Markustay. I'll be in a wheelchair before I get to 10,000 posts!

-- George Krashos
Kentinal Posted - 01 Jul 2013 : 16:13:35
Hey Mark's stars have not changed coulor yet.

Indeed Markustay congratulations, it at my posting rate be many years before I even have to consider a custom title.
The Sage Posted - 01 Jul 2013 : 15:34:38
Maybe "Cartographer Extraordinare?"

Regardless of what you go with, it's an achievement in and of itself when a scribe reaches this point in their Candlekeep career.

Welcome and well done!
Markustay Posted - 01 Jul 2013 : 13:15:49
Its funny, because as I got closer I was actually posting less frequently, because I didn't want to be accused of 'padding'. But when I got within 3 posts I was getting antsy.

quote:

Thank You, and I agree.

'Torillian' is a mouthful - maybe "Realms Explorer Extraordinaire' would be better.
Kentinal Posted - 01 Jul 2013 : 05:19:55
And made by posting the last few times to get to the 10 K *G* in this thread.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jul 2013 : 05:07:14

Markustay Posted - 01 Jul 2013 : 03:21:32
I don't consider myself so much the 'mapmaker' as I am an explorer of The Realms. The maps I make aren't really original (the art, anyway), but they are as precise as I can make them. In my mind, what I do is more about reading every last thing I can find about every last locale I can find, hence, "explorer".

So if someone would be so kind as to wave their magic wand, I'd like to be known as "Torillian Explorer Extraordinaire".
The Sage Posted - 30 Jun 2013 : 16:04:20
quote:

Getting close... any suggestions?

Mapmaker Extraordinare?

Cartographer Most High?

Master of Maps?

Markustay Posted - 30 Jun 2013 : 15:10:23
Getting close... any suggestions?
Markustay Posted - 03 Jan 2013 : 18:41:34
10,000 posts you say?

I have a title in mind. It even has some lore to go with it.

In the Southern Osraun Mountains lies secret library of maps. Its collection has been added to over the centuries until it has more maps then any other single location, including Candlekeep and the Great Library of Perpustakan. The few who know of it call it Bation...

Nahhhhh... you guys will never let me get away with that.
Zireael Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 09:38:45
*sings*

Sticky, sticky, sticky please!
Kentinal Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 15:32:37
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Maybe change Great Reader to Great Lore Reader?

Well, Great Reader is a specific term coined by Ed as per his "Introduction to Candlekeep."

So unless Ed suggests otherwise, I think it's best to keep the Candlekeep rankings as the Ol' Bearded One originally defined them.

Yes I understand that, maybe could be asked. The Great Reader, clearly a Reader of Lore. The First Reader might be changed to First Reader of Lore. Just idea that might be explored. In many ways it does not matter to me the rank system, I clearly never set out to gain a new title.
Dennis Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 15:26:10
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

The combination would be better, though...."The Great Master of Mischief."

That works, but at the time I assumed that title, "Master of Mischief" was a frequently used nickname others had bestowed upon me.

You should consider changing it to my suggestion above. You've been a "Master of Mischief" for a very long time. "The Great Master of Mischief" would sound like a "promotion."
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 15:19:07
quote:

Well, Great Reader is a specific term coined by Ed as per his "Introduction to Candlekeep."

So unless Ed suggests otherwise, I think it's best to keep the Candlekeep rankings as the Ol' Bearded One originally defined them.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 15:15:25
quote:

That works, but at the time I assumed that title, "Master of Mischief" was a frequently used nickname others had bestowed upon me.
Dennis Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 15:09:14
quote:

In terms of meaning, I suppose it’s appropriate. But I just don’t like the sound of it… There are simply too many undesirable things that rhyme or sound like “lore,” and which in turn can be mistaken for it.
Kentinal Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 14:52:53
Dennis Posted - 09 Jan 2012 : 14:22:13
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I always thought that "Great Reader" sounded like a demotion from "Master of Realmslore."

I'll admit that the latter title is cooler than the former. But I'm the Master of Mischief, so it's a moot point for me.

That was my first impression, too. Though "Great" sounds superior to "Master."

The Great of Mischief? Nope, does not sound superior to me.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000