Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Vaasa Article by Brian R. James (DDI)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 14:06:29
Wow! Great stuff. Sweet map of the area to.

Vaasa Article

I have been looking forward to this one.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tyranthraxus Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 18:14:09
Awesome.

BRJ, keep up the good work!
Elfinblade Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 10:20:59
Hmm.. guess i have to subscribe to the D&D Insider to read this juicy morsel? :(
Brimstone Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 06:02:12
Neil Bishop Posted - 25 Apr 2010 : 05:30:00
quote:
Originally posted by coach

hard to accept an alien (and alien fake worshippers) taking over my favorite campaign land

i miss the days when everything was so simple: witch-kings and orcus and goat-head cultists and dragons and 200,000 humanoids

*sigh* the good 'ole days

The article seems to imply that the Voice of Telos is Zhengyi returned. If you accept that then perhaps this is all part of the Witch-King's new plot to take over Vaasa and other lands in the name of Orcus... so welcome back to the good old days of Orcus, goat-headed cultists and humanoids!

;)
coach Posted - 20 Apr 2010 : 20:46:53
quote:

hard to accept an alien (and alien fake worshippers) taking over my favorite campaign land

i miss the days when everything was so simple: witch-kings and orcus and goat-head cultists and dragons and 200,000 humanoids

wow, i just re-read my post and i left out my *winking* smiley that i had meant to put in to indicate tongue-in-cheek attitude of the post and that made my whole post seem harsh

didn't mean anything negative toward the author, sorry Brian if it came out that way
Brian R. James Posted - 19 Apr 2010 : 21:18:14
Hehe. Glad you like it Misc. You created a great NPC with Lord Ivor "the Grinder" Chernin. I'm happy to see him "canonized" in Realmslore.
Mr_Miscellany Posted - 19 Apr 2010 : 21:06:05
:does the happy dance:

Brian, that quote for Ivor was awesome! Much better than I could have come up with. I’ll be sneaking peaks at the article here at work, then read the rest at home. Thanks again! :D
The Sage Posted - 10 Apr 2010 : 02:02:14
Right. Now having read the article...

I like the expanded details on the Warlock Knights. And those Black Holes present a rather curious campaign opportunity.

Good stuff Brian!
Dalor Darden Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 21:16:49
I don't understand the alien reference myself.

Mind-Flayers are listed as not native to the Forgotten Realms...and so are Beholders and tons of others.

I dare say that the being worshiped in Vaasa could even be a new take on one of my favorite gaming pieces of work ever created: The College of Sorcery.

You can find some information about it here: http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd1/cow.htm

In it, a "god" is thrown down out of the heavens to crash into the world.

As soon as I first read the new take on Vaasa I pulled out my Mathghamhna map and read up on it all.
Alisttair Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 19:23:21
quote:

I don't like where this is headed.
coach Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 19:08:29

Alisttair Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 14:34:03
Oooo more goodies!
Brimstone Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 03:50:43
Chessenta, huh? Cool I can't wait.

I thought something was wrong Sage.

Vaasa...

That Vaasa Maap is a Treasure.

The Sage Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 01:36:17
This is nice. I've always had some limited interested in Vaasa, though mainly from the RAVENLOFT perspective. Unfortunately, I won't be able to download the article until tomorrow, so I'll have to read it then.
Brian R. James Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 23:00:30
Thanks guys. That article was very fun to write, and damn that map is smokin. Mike Schley is a master cartographer.

Chessenta is coming up next.
Alisttair Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 14:26:24
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Wow! Great stuff. Sweet map of the area to.

Vassa Article

I have been looking forward to this one.

Excellent. Thanks be to Brian.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000