Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 A big BG 2 question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ezindir the dark Posted - 11 Dec 2003 : 15:22:12
Okey, to the big question. Who do you think is the coolest charackter in the hole Baldurs Gate series, that you can have in your party. I think I'l cast my vote for Tiax on first place, Hear'Dalis On second and Xzar on third. Now what do you think
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EcThelion Posted - 23 Jan 2004 : 10:29:08
Did anybody ever steal your soul?
Shadowlord Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 21:05:10
That must be depressing..... I for one, have never in my 2 millenia of life even mistaken myself for anything other than a drow.....
EcThelion Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 11:46:44
The fact that I claim to be a human does not nessecarily mean that I am one. I just... think myself to be one.

I no longer remember what I am...
Ezindir the dark Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 11:29:28
I give up, you humans will never understand .
EcThelion Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 11:17:19
Meeeeee... you're not foolin' me!

I still think that she's just a whiny little bitch. But shel a Mage/Cleirc, (and good aligned) therefore usefull to keep around.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 20 Jan 2004 : 08:09:50
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Okey, how about this: What if someone cut of your legs so taht you could not walk and had to go on adventure in a wheelchair? Wouldent you be whiny?
And anyway she never complaied to me, so stopp complaining, if she complained, you probably threated her wrong.

As said beforehand, loosing wings when you still have legs isn't as bad loosing legs when you don't have wings. I would be sad at first if I lost my legs, but then I would get on with my life because moaning about the loss sure wouldn't get them back and help my situation.

And I did treat her the right way cos she ended up declaring her love to me (aaawwwww), sadly she was as easy as a high school girl on prom night

Viconia took some effort to bag though. Now that's a girl

As dsaid b efor, IT WAS JUST A WAY TO TRIE TOO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS!!
An she just complains a little becouse she dosent have anywhere too go and she dont know what to do with her life.
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 23:10:53
Personally I prefer Athkathla. It's just *soooo* fun to go about killing those annoyign little Cowled Wizards. Good practice as well.
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 22:47:54
I make it a habit not to slum in Calimport, but I may just take you up on that offer......
Cherrn Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 22:43:06
Lol Shadowlord, stay a week with the caliph in Calimport and you will know what I am talking about
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 22:27:54
High School Girls on Prom night? I wonder what forbidden lore Cherrn has hidden in the bowels of his memory.......Truly nothing that should be discussed with anyone under the age of 21....
Cherrn Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 22:17:30
quote:

Okey, how about this: What if someone cut of your legs so taht you could not walk and had to go on adventure in a wheelchair? Wouldent you be whiny?
And anyway she never complaied to me, so stopp complaining, if she complained, you probably threated her wrong.

As said beforehand, loosing wings when you still have legs isn't as bad loosing legs when you don't have wings. I would be sad at first if I lost my legs, but then I would get on with my life because moaning about the loss sure wouldn't get them back and help my situation.

And I did treat her the right way cos she ended up declaring her love to me (aaawwwww), sadly she was as easy as a high school girl on prom night

Viconia took some effort to bag though. Now that's a girl
Shadowlord Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 21:06:07
You can get two rings of Gaxx by pickpocketing Kangaxx while his circle is still blue, right before the battle begins......

I think I'm too smart for my own good.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 21:01:05
Dont remember my stats, but I am far to lazy too post them anyway. But his record in damage was 81 hp and he had 3 attack each round. And sorry, 21 is of course frost, but why dident you use fire instead?
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 20:55:23
No. It's definentalyl Frost. And how do you get two rings of Gaxx?... Not that I'd use the other one, anyways, the 18 in charisma is a *must* for me.

So... how about the stats for your (BG2) character, then?
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 20:52:43
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

- Gridle of (frost?)-gigant Strenght [21 strenght]

No its Fire, and did you know taht it was posibble to get two ring of Gaxx?
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 20:43:37
Ecthelion:

Race: Human
Class: Fighter/Mage [Dual-Classed]
Level: 8/31

-------Statistics:
Strenght: 16 [21]
Dextreity: 18
Constitution: 18
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 3 [18]
(I knew very well wich Items I would aquire, so I prepared my stats for it.)

Effects:
-Vocalize
-Protection From Evil
-Haste
-Immunity to Poison/Disease
-1 HP regenerated every 5 sec.

Hitpoints: 157
AC: -7
Lore: 103
Base THAC0: 13
THACO (With Staff of the Magi): 0
Number of Attacks, with Staff: 3

---Resistances:
Magic: 25%
***Due to Final Quest***
Acid: 25%
Cold: 25%
Fire: 25%
Immunity to +1 Weapons and Weaker
***Due to Final Quest***

---Proficincies:
Quarter Staff: *****
Crossbow: ****
Two-Handed Weapon: **

---Saving Throws:
Paralyze/Poison/Death: 2 (-6)
Staff/Poison/Wand: -3 (-6)
Petrify/Plymorph: -1 (-6)
Breath Weapon: 1 (-6)
Spell: -2 (-6)

-------Gear:
Armor:
- Robe of Vecna
Gridle:
- Gridle of (frost?)-gigant Strenght [21 strenght]
Boots:
- Boots of Speed
Weapon 1:
- Staff of Magi
Weapon 2:
- Crossbow of Searing
Amulet:
- Amulet of Power
Ring 1:
- Ring of Gaxx
Ring 2:
- Ring of Human Influence [18 Charisma]
Helmet:
- Can't remember the name... that Ion Stone that gives +10% HP
Bracers:
- Bracers of AC 3
Cloak:
- Cloak of AC+2

Spells:
(Although I *may* deviate from this setting this is usually my 'standard')
Level 1: [Max: 7]
-Magic Missile [x6]
-Shield [x1]
Level 2: [Max: 7]
-Mirror Image [x2]
-Knock [x1]
-Resist Fear [x2]
-Melf's Acid Arrow [x2]
Level 3: [Max: 7]
-Fireball [x3]
-Flame Arrow [x3]
-Lightning Bolt [x1]
Level 4: [Max: 7]
-Fire Shield (blue)[x2]
-Fire Shield (red) [x2]
-Stone Skin [x3]
Level 5: [Max: 7]
-Breach [x2]
-Domination [x1]
-Lower resistance [x2]
-Shadow Door [x1]
-Sunfire [x1]
Level 6: [Max: 7]
-Chain Lightning [x3]
-Flesh to Stone [x1]
-Mislead [x1]
-True Sight [x1]
-Call Wyvern [x1]
Level 7: [Max: 7]
-Finger of Death [x2]
-Project Image [x1]
-Mantle [x1]
-Spell Turning [x1]
-Spell Sequencer [x1]
-Ray of Reversal [x1]
Level 8: [Max: 7]
-Abi-Dalzim's [x3] (Love this spell)
-Pierce Shield [x2]
-Simulacrum [x1]
-Improved Mantle [x1]
Level 9: [Max: 7]
-Imprisonment [x1]
-Meteor [x1]
-Stop Time [x2]
-Improved Alcatry [x1]
-Spellstrike [x1]
-Spell Trap [x1]

And there yuo have a 'rough' description of my character.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 19:26:57
It was just a way to trie to make you human to understand how a Avariels feels about loosing their wings, okey?
And there is intelligent lifeform roling round on a wheelchair right here on earth. About the great insult agains my charackter: It would depend on you making yourself ready with spells before we fight or not, and how much hp do you have, I do seriusly dobht that you would make it.
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 18:06:08
quote:

quote:

Well ofcourse you would! Hes just a level 50/50 Cleirc/Mage. I bet you could easily handle him, huh?

Do not underestiminate me, hes just a puny, old Harper. I will take him on one round with grater whirvelwind attack, he was alas standing next to me without any protection spells.

Hes probably got a Innate Immunity to +7 Weapons and less, anyway.
And 300 - 400 HP. Not to mention Magic Immunity. I bet that my mage could kill your character easily, so I do not dubt that the Most powerful creature in all of Faerūn could do it too.

quote:

Ehem. That isn't exactly the same thing. There are no other intelligent lifeforms that crawl around without feet. There are, though, ALOT of intelligent lifeforms that don't fly around with wings. And Wings are not a nesessity when you have feet, but FEET are a nesessity if you don't have wings, etc.

I treated her as well as she could possible have been treaetd, and I had 18 in charisma (Ring of Human Inflyence) and STILL she kept whining to me... maby it was 'cuz I was a Human, and not an Elf? Or just 'cuz she's a whiny, little, selfish, bitch?
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 17:33:33
Cherrn Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 17:00:27
quote:

You got too understand that it is terrible to lose your wings for an Avariel, the tought makes me wanna hide under a chair somwhere, man my rhymes are good.

Yes but moaning all the time about the loss sure wont get those damn wings back now would it ?

I liked the little catfight Aerie and Viconia had, here off the top of my head:

Aerie: "whine whine, oh my wings, I lost them, whine whine, cheese with whine"

Viconia: "Then why don't you go jump off a cliff then ?"
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:48:33
quote:

Well ofcourse you would! Hes just a level 50/50 Cleirc/Mage. I bet you could easily handle him, huh?

Do not underestiminate me, hes just a puny, old Harper. I will take him on one round with grater whirvelwind attack, he was alas standing next to me without any protection spells.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:46:24
You got too understand that it is terrible to lose your wings for an Avariel, the tought makes me wanna hide under a chair somwhere, man my rhymes are good.
Cherrn Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:43:46
I always hated Aerie, what a whiny elf she was. Always moan moan moan. I'll take Viconia over her any day of the week.
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:36:45
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:34:12
Bah I would have killed him with one hit from my sword if he had not cheated.
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 16:17:56
be glad he didn't try [lol] to kill you.

quote:
The only must have for me is Minsc.

Yeah! Me too.

quote:
why do you have to kill jaheria to keep khalid?

They are, after all, married. If you kick one from the party the other will leave. But if you 'accidentally' manage to get one of the killed, and *then* kick them from the party the other one won't even flinch.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 15:41:47
How can you say Hear'Dalis is the most irratating?m He, Viconia and Aerie is the coolest in the hole game. And I killed Jaheira too, Whant to know why? Becouse shes a friggin harper... i HATEthem.. Friggin I am true netraul and kill both good and evil.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG.. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. they really are a bunch of lawful good loser all of them. I even tried too kill Elmister, but it didnt work.
Feawen Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 15:14:42
...believe it or not i havent played BG1 *hangs head in shame*
but im forking out the 12 bucks needed to buy it...

why do you have to kill jaheria to keep khalid? no doubt this has eluded me at 2.14am...

placing keldorn in the useless cateogory was somewhat...misguided. He's a great fighter - ill be the first one to say he's good. I only put him there due to the fact i usually let him have the happy ending...(for SoA), but sometimes i take him in my party, and when he's there he rocks.

I took anomen early on and it was a constant "what noble deeds are you going to do" sort of thing....just pissed me off, and come on you think the female characters would have gotten better options..they should have dropped the anomen romance in favour of haer'dails (who is less irritating)

I still like taking korgan as he is a decent fighter, but he is certainly not a must have. The only must have for me is Minsc.
EcThelion Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 15:00:31
OFCOURSE I am In need of professional care!

quote:
assume you are familiar with the reform party function?

Well. Yes. I allways kill her, though. Don't know why. Just allways hated her. In BG1 I even killed her, then kicked her out of the party. (Thus keeping Khalid)

quote:
Korgan being psycopathic- he's a chaotic evil beserker...what did you expect? large donations to temples? many acts of helping the poor? people praising him in the streets? Korgan as the hero of trademeet?

And utterly useless.

quote:
Aerie as the best romance...why? easiness..the romances are an optional extra...im more concerned with other aspects of the game so romances are really not that important to me. Still, your telling me youd rather waste your time with viconia trying to change her, or doing god knows what to get the romance with jaheria happening

I don't care the least bit about romances. I rarely have Vionica in my party... when I play Chaotic Good. (Wich is what I generally do)

quote:
Also, why do aligments bother you so much?...obviously evil is bad....but what do you do? only select NPC's with a lawful good alignment? do you ALWAYS play as a paladin?....remember the strength of BG2 is its diversity. i LIKE having a party with good, neutral and evil alignments. Having evil (or slightly evil) characters adds an extra dimension to the game which i enjoy.

I never liked Paladins. They are nothing but religeous Zealots, who act before thinking. I enjoy having a party where the NPCs like eachoter. My "good only" party also proved to be incredible capable (despite it's lagre quantity of mages).

quote:
I had keldorn on the most useless because i let him go home to his family most of the time

That doesn't make him useless.

quote:
how could you not see anomen as THE most annoying character?..everything about him annoyed me. PLUS he is the ONLY option for a female character romance, which is pretty sad.

He never really gave me the oppertunity to get annoyed over him. Right after I got him he decited to go and kill evreyone in that estate over at the Bridge district, and later he got completely Chaotic Evil, and dedicated himself to wiping out the Order of the Most Radiant Heart.
Feawen Posted - 19 Jan 2004 : 14:40:16
I had keldorn in the most useless category because i let him go home to his family most of the time....i am well aware of how GOOD he is. He was in my last party.

As for Jaheria, i never said she was some sort of Uber character...i just said i kept her for no apparent reason...as for her being a bitch, well all you have to do, is not keep her :) i assume you are familiar with the reform party function?

Jan is essentially insane - that makes him funny. almost as funny as minsc. I dont use him in my party that often, but he's hilarous BECAUSE he's basically insane. Not to mention the crazy items he came up with. Hence best personality :) *ALL* of the NPC's bar Jan and Minsc had boring or annoying personailities. They added a good deal of humor.

Korgan being psycopathic- he's a chaotic evil beserker...what did you expect? large donations to temples? many acts of helping the poor? people praising him in the streets? Korgan as the hero of trademeet?

how could you not see anomen as THE most annoying character?..everything about him annoyed me. PLUS he is the ONLY option for a female character romance, which is pretty sad.

Aerie as the best romance...why? easiness..the romances are an optional extra...im more concerned with other aspects of the game so romances are really not that important to me. Still, your telling me youd rather waste your time with viconia trying to change her, or doing god knows what to get the romance with jaheria happening

Also, why do aligments bother you so much?...obviously evil is bad....but what do you do? only select NPC's with a lawful good alignment? do you ALWAYS play as a paladin?....remember one of the great strength's of BG2 is its diversity. i LIKE having a party with good, neutral and evil alignments. Having evil (or slightly evil) characters adds an extra dimension to the game which i enjoy.

The last party i used had ONE evil character. My PC was true neutral, i had minsc, imoen, korgan, keldorn, aerie. TWO had lawful good alignments. I am not biased towards any alignment at all, in fact true neutral is always my favourite alignment. I DO NOT favour one particular NPC over any other. I never said that i find ALL of the "good and decent" characters to be annoying. I just found Anomen irritating as hell, and i didnt have much use for Nalia or Valygar. ( I have already stated that usually i complete the "keldorn's family" quest. However, i dont mind using him at all. I dont rule out using him because he has a lawful good alignment.

In the same vein, i do not naturally favour evil characters. I have never used a completley evil party, and have never played as a chaotic evil character, the most "evil" alignment i used was lawful evil. ONCE. I used NEUTRAL EVIL ONCE.

That you can jump to all of the conculsions that you did so quickly is certainly disturbing.

If anything your responses indicate that YOU are in DIRE need of professional care. Taking a discussion about characters in a computer game so personally would indicate you have SEVERE problems. I am not deluded in any way, shape or form.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000