Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Any suggestions for a new Forgotten Realms reader?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dynyn Posted - 02 Aug 2009 : 10:49:27
I just recently became very interested in the novels of this universe, I had already played the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN, etc. But I figured the novels would go more in depth/detail of this vast continent: Faerun(sp?)

I'm currently reading the Dark Elf Trilogy, and I guess there's a bunch of books after that, around 20 books in total that outline the life of Drizzt Do'Urden.

However, what are some novels, the veteran readers have enjoyed, or deem to be awesome? Just wondering is all.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coach Posted - 04 Aug 2009 : 23:03:27
City of Ravens
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Aug 2009 : 14:26:12
Though we never quite reached a consensus, this is a topic that was discussed at length in the Experienced help for recommending FR Novels thread. Perusing that scroll may be helpful for you.
Brimstone Posted - 02 Aug 2009 : 14:22:46
Ed Greenwood's Knight of Myth Drannor is as good as any.

Then again I do like Ed's writing. I prefer his non-realms books more. I am sooo glad I read Dark Warrior Rising.

MerrikCale Posted - 02 Aug 2009 : 12:40:00
The Harper series is very good. You can still Elaine Cunningham's Song and Sword series, get them! I do not like Ed Greenwood's fiction but in getting a vibe for the world his new books such as Swords of Eveeningstar will help. The Cormyr books are good too for that.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000