Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pathfinder rules updating the Realms.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 26 Jul 2009 : 02:25:17
So anyway, just wondering if it would be ok to post FR stuff for pathfinder up? hopefully when the books come out i can get some extra cash and get those going, and ill try to make some updates for FR.

But i would encourage anyone else to set them up here if they want :).
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gambit Posted - 06 Jun 2010 : 02:59:18
Thought you would like that Ashe.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 06 Jun 2010 : 02:41:12
Nice!
Gambit Posted - 05 Jun 2010 : 23:30:35
The new Pathfinder Elves are a great way to represent Gold and Silver Elves in FR, but is definately lacking as a representation of Copper and Green Elves. So in an effort to not leave those two branches of the race out to dry I created this new conversion, let me know what you all think.

Pathfinder Sylvan Elves
Racial Traits:
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence
Medium size
Normal Speed: 30 feet
Low-Light Vision
Elven Immunities: Sylvan Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Elven Naturalist: Sylvan Elves gain the wild empathy ability and can attempt to improve the initial attitude of an animal. A Sylvan Elf rolls a 1d20 and adds his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result. A Sylvan Elf who gains this ability from another source, such as levels in Druid or Ranger, gain a +2 racial bonus on wild empathy checks. Sylvan Elves also receive a +2 racial bonus on all Survival checks made to find or follow tracks.
Keen Senses: Sylvan Elves recieve a +2 racial bonus on all Perception skill checks.
Weapon Familiarity: Sylvan Elves are proficient with Longbows, Longswords, Scimitars, and Shortbows, including composite versions, and treat any weapon with "elven" in the name as a martial weapon.
Languages: Sylvan Elves begin play speaking Common, Elven, and Sylvan

I went with an Intelligence penalty instead of Constitution because both Wood and Wild Elves have Intelligence penalties in 3E and it represents the fact that they are hardier than their Moon/Sun Elven brethren. The other big change comes in trading the Elven Magic ability for Elven Naturalist, I came up with this after rereading their entries from earlier editions. In 2E, wood elves got a limited version of the Rangers animal empathy ability, hence what I have done here. The only other small change is swapping Rapier for Scimitar for automatic weapon proficiency, as it seems more fitting.
Hawkins Posted - 04 Jun 2010 : 22:45:07
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

For those who are interested, I made a new character sheet that is compatible with the Pathfinder RPG. The link is in my sig.

Oh, NICE!! I love when you can just check the Feats that you have! This will be the sheet I'll use! Thanks, Hawk!

I realized that I just stopped there, sorry! I love the sheet that has information for familiars and companions, and especially the extra sheet for spell information. This really is nicely done, and I appreciate all of the hard work you've put into this. Great job!!
The links to my character sheets in my sig now have Google Docs links, so they should be easier to download.
MerrikCale Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 13:30:09
I haven't seen Star Frontiers stuff for such a long time. That was a fun game
Mournblade Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 05:35:36
I tried d20 modern/future. I liked it but it just seems to lack the versatility that Alternity gives for sci fi.

The Sage Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 00:42:54
Oh, and I don't really see any problem with you posting further ideas [perhaps in a new scroll created for such discussion]. I'd imagine some DMs might find a way to adapt this stuff for their own campaigns, even for the Realms -- say, as part of an alternate SPELLJAMMER plot or some such. Like what I did a few years back when I merged elements from SPELLJAMMER, PLANESCAPE, and STAR*DRIVE. The Harmonium seeks out the Nariac Domain, forging an planar/interstellar alliance with Orthosphere. That was good stuff!
The Sage Posted - 24 Oct 2009 : 00:39:22
I like it!

In fact, you've inspired me to dust-off my own joint SF/SD campaign I ran back in '07 using variant rules from the D20 Future series as a basis.

Thanks Mournblade.
Mournblade Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 19:50:54
Well here you go Sage!

This is a link I used to convert some of the SF races to alternity.

I love the Star Drive setting but I find the races uninspiring.

Here is the link http://alternityrpg.net/resources.php?cat=rules&rid=69&detail=1

and here is the Dralasite (alternity rules):

Ability Score Range
Ability Range
STR 7/15
DEX 5/11
CON 6/15
INT 4/14
WIL 4/13
PER 4/12

Free Broad Skills
Ability Skill
Strength Athletics
Constitution Stamina
Intelligence Knowledge
Will Awareness
Personality Culture
Personality Interaction

Special Abilities:

Elasticity: Dralasites can "grow" additional pseudopods to use as arms and legs, as well as enact other physical changes due to the flexibility of their ameoba-like bodies. This change can be as minor as growing a new arm or as dramatic as a dralasite's absorbing all appendages and molding itself into a large, living ball. Absorbing or growing a new pseudopod is not an immediate process and can take up to five (d4+1) minutes. Each limb must be added or removed individually; multiple limbs cannot be grown or absorbed simultaneously. These changes take complete concentration, and a dralasite can take no other action while performing the metamorphosis (although the change can be put on hold until later if need).
A dralasite can have up to a number of limbs equal to its Dexterity divided by two (rounded up). This allows a hero with a Dexterity of 9 to have three arms and two legs, no legs and five arms, two legs and two arms, or any other combination of five or fewer limbs. Although a dralasite can have additional arms and legs, multiple legs do not increase movement rate, and numerous arms cannot be used simultaneously. The dralasite nerve bundle that functions as its brain can maintain control over only two arms at once. The other arms are "dormant" limbs. While these limbs can still hold things in their dormant state, they cannot manipulate objects, fire weapons, or perform other similar actions. An arm can grow smaller pseudopods that act as "fingers." A dralasite limb can be a maximum of one meter long and a minimum of ten centimeters think, while each finger can be a a maximum of ten centimeters long and a minimum of one centimeter thick.
Lie Detection: A dralasite has an enhanced ability to tell when someone is lying to them. If the dralsite is communicating face to face with the person in question, the Gamemaster can make a secret Awareness--intuition skill check for the hero with a wiht a +2 penalty. A successful result indicates the hero has successfully seen through the deception. A Critical Failure means the hero adamantly believes the exact opposite of the true situation (i.e., the dralasite might believe it is hearing a lie when it is hearing the truth).

Sorry mods! I know this is not Forgotten Realms, I just posted this at request. I really like the work I have done on alternity thus far and I would be happy to post some of the things I have done if it was OK with the mods.

The Sage Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 17:38:50
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

Basically you have the Council, including the Human Nations of the Orion League and Union of Sol, and the Mass Effect races. Thuldan Empire Space has taken over the traverse.
Heh. As if the Thuldans needed any further excuse to be even more arrogant.
quote:
I AM including the old races and planets from Star Frontiers. The orion league upon their expansion encountered the vrusk.
I actually wouldn't mind seeing some updated stats for the Dralasites.
Mournblade Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 17:30:29
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I am trying to update alot of the classes now, but I am also involved in a Converting Alternity to a playable Mass Effect campaign so things are running slow. I hope to have wsome races for the realms completed in about two weeks.

I would of had it sooner but I was busy converting the Turians and Krogan to Alternity

I wouldn't mind hearing more about this, when you've the time Mournblade. I've long been a fan of the 'Alternity' system, since the earliest days of Star*Drive.

I love Alternity!

Basically I am trying to develop a campaign that takes place about 500 years after Mass Effect so I can use a bit more tech. The concils figured out relay technology, and lasers are a viable personal weapon.

I am mixing this loosely with STARDRIVE, in the political bodies of the Union of Sol, Orion League, Thuldan Empire, and Voidcorp (just recently 'bankrupt'" I am not including any race from Stardrive though because I like the Mass Effect ones better.

Basically you have the Council, including the Human Nations of the Orion League and Union of Sol, and the Mass Effect races. Thuldan Empire Space has taken over the traverse.

I AM including the old races and planets from Star Frontiers. The orion league upon their expansion encountered the vrusk.

I will try to get the racial stats up by Next weekend.

The Sage Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 15:47:48
quote:

I am trying to update alot of the classes now, but I am also involved in a Converting Alternity to a playable Mass Effect campaign so things are running slow. I hope to have wsome races for the realms completed in about two weeks.

I would of had it sooner but I was busy converting the Turians and Krogan to Alternity

I wouldn't mind hearing more about this, when you've the time Mournblade. I've long been a fan of the 'Alternity' system, since the earliest days of Star*Drive.
Mournblade Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 14:25:18
I have run alot of the pathfinder AP's in the realms. For example Curse of the Crimson throne I placed in Calaunt. I pretty much made Calaunt the city.

I REALLY Like Golarion, but I really want to continue playing in the realms, so I started using some Golarion cities in place of less developed Realms cities.

VonRaventheDaring Posted - 19 Oct 2009 : 13:26:46
So quick question would anyone be interested in making a list of the unique realm specific thing ie npc's and monsters, spells, prc's and such that will or should be updated to Pathfinder to make the Realms Pathfinderized? After all if we had a list we could then start on it.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 17 Oct 2009 : 00:20:38
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Well, I have the PDF of the Pathfinder Bestiary now...
Woot! I'll have to get my copy. And I've got all weekend to read it, too. Neat.

Well, just so you know, you can only get it early if you sign up for the subscription. Otherwise, it's not available until the book hits the shelves on Oct 21st.
The Sage Posted - 16 Oct 2009 : 14:48:16
quote:

Well, I have the PDF of the Pathfinder Bestiary now...
Woot! I'll have to get my copy. And I've got all weekend to read it, too. Neat.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Oct 2009 : 13:53:29
Hey, I was all for ordering from Amazon and buying the pdf separately on Oct. 21st for $9.99. However, Amazon has lost some of my business since they're not the same Amazon of five years ago. Back then, I could pre-order Harry Potter and get it the day of (or even the day before) the release of the book in the stores. Now, I preorder The Ghost King and have to wait a week and a half after it hit the stores. That, and the fact that they can't seem to get their ship dates straightened out for Paizo products (they are saying the Bestiary should be shipping by mid-NOVEMBER) and I decided to sign up for the RPG Subscription at Paizo.com and forget the $5.50 I would save by ordering from Amazon.

[/end mini-rant]
Asgetrion Posted - 16 Oct 2009 : 10:45:46
quote:

Well, I have the PDF of the Pathfinder Bestiary now (the hardcover's on its way).

You just had to ruin my day, didn't you?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Oct 2009 : 05:02:23
Well, I have the PDF of the Pathfinder Bestiary now (the hardcover's on its way).

One major change? No more Level Adjustment/ECL stuff. Drow, Tiefling and Aasimar are pretty balanced. And for those that still like the powerful Drow, they included a 'subrace' of Nobel drow (1 in 20 drow births results in a noble drow, mostly female). The Noble drow come with 3 racial hit dice and beefed up stats/powers over the normal drow.

So, instead of Level Adjustments, they simply balanced out racial hit dice to show the more powerful races.
VonRaventheDaring Posted - 16 Oct 2009 : 00:31:36
quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

Alright first thing i tried was something simple, Tried going after races, mainly my favorite: the Planetouched.

I like this I do but the only problems I see with it are as follows. I think that the elemental nature of the planetouched should be more pronounced and by that I mean like this:
Air: +2 Dex. -2 Str.
Earth: +2Str. -2 Dex.
Where the two elements opposed to each other have opposite pluses and minuses. I mean it makes sense to me at least that Air is usually a lighter touch preferring dexterity over strength, and Earth is the opposite. By this basis I would modify Fire and Water as such as well;
Fire: +2 Int. - 2 Wis.
Water: +2 Wis. -2 Int.
I think that Fire tends to be more impulsive and thus less wisdom, where water is more calm.

Also for favorite classes I would give them somewhat based off their pluses. Like Earth Fighter, Air Thief, Fire Wizard, Water Cleric. But overall I like it.
Penknight Posted - 15 Oct 2009 : 04:33:05
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

I have a question I'd like to as here about a PrC updating to Pathfinder. The bladesinger PrC in Complete Warrior, would it go up to a d10 hit die instead of staying a d8? It seems that a PrC that has a full attack progression was updated to a d10, but just wanted to make sure before converting Telethian over completely.

The Eldritch Knight gets a D10 in the Pathfinder Rules.

So I say go for it. It will give you on average 20 more hp's.

Thank you, Brimstone. Sorry it took me so long to reply with the thanks. I've had a lot going on.
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 15 Oct 2009 : 03:39:28
Yeah i dont even have a good excuse... *feeling a little sheepish* just been busy, thought i should probably get on my end at some point and time... *cough*
Uzzy Posted - 14 Oct 2009 : 22:46:17
*spots the posts where a certain someone promised to do something, realises that certain someone hasn't done it yet and curses*

Grrh. Damn Uni getting in the way.
MerrikCale Posted - 11 Oct 2009 : 12:40:43
quote:

This is fantastic!

I was considering running Fr with pathfinder after WOTC stunted the realms.

Recently I have switched to GOlarion, and it may be good enough to keep me. UNfortunatley 4e took everything away that I liked in the realms.

SO glad Pathfinder is great and I never have to look back.

Thats pretty much where I'm at
Brimstone Posted - 11 Oct 2009 : 12:18:51
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

from d8 to d10 over 10 levels is only an average of 10 more hp :p

I was still thinking of the Eldritch Knight!
Sian Posted - 11 Oct 2009 : 09:09:33
from d8 to d10 over 10 levels is only an average of 10 more hp :p

Brimstone Posted - 11 Oct 2009 : 06:07:28
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

I have a question I'd like to as here about a PrC updating to Pathfinder. The bladesinger PrC in Complete Warrior, would it go up to a d10 hit die instead of staying a d8? It seems that a PrC that has a full attack progression was updated to a d10, but just wanted to make sure before converting Telethian over completely.

The Eldritch Knight gets a D10 in the Pathfinder Rules.

So I say go for it. It will give you on average 20 more hp's.
VonRaventheDaring Posted - 11 Oct 2009 : 05:49:52
I am considering adapting the FR setting to the Pathfinder rules. Although I have to say that Ed having worked on the CS for pathfinder, and Golarion, as well at the new kingmaker module coming out in January has me excited about their world. Course I still miss the old realms.
Penknight Posted - 03 Sep 2009 : 19:49:05
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 29 Aug 2009 : 22:08:52
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Right now I only have the old feat checklist from the 3.5 rules set. (most of which appear in the PFRPG in some form) Eventually when I have time I will make sure to incorporate all of the new feats from the PFRPG.

Sounds good! When you get it updated, please be sure and let us know if you would.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000