Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cormanthyr Adventures

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rhewtani Posted - 15 Jul 2009 : 00:47:23
So, I'm trying to put an adventure together for my wife, her sister, and one of my regulars. I think I'm come down upon the idea of running a little adventure in Cormanthyr ... in 650 DR.

I'm running a campaign in 1340 Phlan, but I don't want to throw too many links between them. If they end up enjoying themselves enough to play again, I'll continue with them. IF they love it and want to play, there's always ways to get them 700 years forward in time.

So, are there any adventures that tied in with that campaign set? I can convert 2e to 3.5 pathfinder pretty easily in my head, so I don't care what edition it would be.

OR ... is there some small adventure that would be perfect? I'm thinking to maybe make them all students or curiosities of windsong tower, or somesuch. I could give it an elven harry potter feel which would give them a frame of reference.

So, advice? Ideas?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 18 Jul 2009 : 00:32:24
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Cough. Sage is slipping. :)
I slipped rather significantly, it seems.

Rhewtani, here's a listing of other sources on Myth Drannor which might prove useful:-

- Lost Empires of Faerūn
- Power of Faerūn
- The Fall of Myth Drannor
- Elminster in Myth Drannor
novel
- Return of the Archwizards trilogy
- Ed's Spellfire novels
- Rich Baker's "Last Mythal" novels also details the current events in Myth Drannor
- Lost Library of Cormanthyr novel
- Elminster's Ecologies box set
- Eric's "Cormanthyr" article in DRAGON #354
The Sage Posted - 18 Jul 2009 : 00:30:08
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

So, now - is there a pre-fab 1st level 4 hour adventure for young wizards out there that I could adapt for either House Tsornyl or Windsong Tower?

I don't immediately recall anything like that. Though the details for the Windsong Tower that exist in the sources mentioned above should help you to craft your own adventure.
Kuje Posted - 17 Jul 2009 : 18:30:29
Cough. Sage is slipping. :)

There's also that Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor late 2e/early 3e adventure, plus the novel that ties in with it since it was a video game, module, novel. This module is set around the 1370's.
Rhewtani Posted - 17 Jul 2009 : 18:24:02
So, now - is there a pre-fab 1st level 4 hour adventure for young wizards out there that I could adapt for either House Tsornyl or Windsong Tower?
Markustay Posted - 17 Jul 2009 : 18:05:14
Just an idea (that I've toyed-with myself): Myth Drannor is loaded with portals. If you place a time-portal somewhere, you can have the best of both worlds.
The Sage Posted - 17 Jul 2009 : 16:47:44
quote:

If I ran it concurrently with my 1340 campaign ... Myth Drannor is a abandoned but somewhat guarded by Elves?
Essentially, yes.

Also, you'll find the Ruins of Myth Drannor boxed set somewhat useful here.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jul 2009 : 16:43:41
quote:

So, running it in 650 puts me in the Cormanthor: Empire of Elves boxed set.

It's a book, not a boxed set.

quote:

If I ran it concurrently with my 1340 campaign ... Myth Drannor is a abandoned but somewhat guarded by Elves?

Pretty much.
Rhewtani Posted - 17 Jul 2009 : 16:39:22
So, running it in 650 puts me in the Cormanthor: Empire of Elves boxed set.

The Sage Posted - 15 Jul 2009 : 00:56:53
Can you obtain a copy of the 2e Ruins of Myth Drannor boxed set? That pretty much has everything you're looking for.

Also, the Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves supplement offers some possibilities as well. 'Tis available as a free PDF download at WotC.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000