Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 City of the Dead: giving away a free copy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rosemary Jones Posted - 21 May 2009 : 14:59:48
Sorry that I've been so quiet lately. I had a madly busy winter polishing up City of the Dead, doing another short story for a WOTC anthology that will be out in 2010, moving 2000+ books (dishes, clothes, furniture), job, life...

So, blink, it's almost June. Which means next month I'll have author copies of City of the Dead. And I'm running giveaways at my blog and My Space page. But I'd like to reserve one copy exclusively for a Candlekeep friend.

So drop me a line about why you'd like to go rustling through the shrubbery with Sophraea Carver and Gustin Bone. Put Candlekeep in the subject line. You can reach me at rosemarynovels@aol.com. And I promise to come back for book group discussions too

And, yes, there will be a free bookplate available for all for this book too!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rosemary Jones Posted - 26 Jun 2009 : 03:54:52
There is chance for another free copy of City of the Dead (will the madness never end!). There's a copy up for grabs at the International Worlds of Fantasy contest.

http://www.iwofa.net/2009SummerContestYAPage.htm

And for those who live in Seattle, I'll be signing copies at University Book Store on July 8. This will be a great event: two authors for the price of one. Mr. de Bie will also be there to sign and talk about DOWNSHADOW. More details at http://www.rosemaryjones.com

:) Rosemary
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 17:18:55
Cool!

*ahem* We now take you back to our regularly scheduled scroll. I'll be starting in on City tonight.
Genis Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 17:17:07
Up north-ish in Walker. Some people I went to highschool with were from Owatonna.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 17:15:18
Down south in Owatonna.
Genis Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 17:11:44
You live in Minnesota? Noice, it's a long story with me. I lived and went to highschool in Minnesota, my family moved to Montana, so I'm going to college in Montana and that's where I "live" now. But I occasionally make the trip back "home" to Minnesota to see friends and what have you. I'm actually still in Minnesota, but only recently have I been staying somewhere with internet. Where in Minnesota might you reside?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 13:40:38
quote:
Originally posted by Genis

Curse the gods. I leave candlekeep for a month or two and miss free stuff. Teaches me to visit Minnesota.

Ah... that explains it! I live in Minnesota, so I must have 'borrowed' your luck at winning...
Genis Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 06:03:24
Curse the gods. I leave candlekeep for a month or two and miss free stuff. Teaches me to visit Minnesota.
swifty Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 23:15:06
theres a rather amusing review of this over on amazon uk.
Sith_Lord_Drizzt Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 04:34:58
Just received the bookplate. Love the design! Thanks Rosemary!
The Sage Posted - 21 Jun 2009 : 02:14:23
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones

I'm happy to chat with anyone about anything Realms related. Feel free to create a scroll.
Neat. I'll organise the relevant bits of info for your introductory post, and set it up.
Rosemary Jones Posted - 20 Jun 2009 : 21:27:50
I'm happy to chat with anyone about anything Realms related. Feel free to create a scroll.

If I'm busy and don't answer fast enough, you can always e-mail me direct too! Or tweet me! My twitter account is mostly aimed at Seattle theater events that I'm covering for a local website but if you're following me there, you will hear about some good ticket deals :)

Working on a City of the Dead related short for the WOTC website right now. So if I'm quiet this weekend, it's because I'm trying to figure out how deep a hole I can dig to drop poor Gustin into....
The Sage Posted - 19 Jun 2009 : 17:49:52
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

Hey guys.. Don't you think Rosemary Jones needs a "questions to" topic at Chamber of Sages?
Sage? Wooly? Could you provide it?

I'm perfectly happy to set aside a personal scroll for Rosemary. But the real question should be... Does she actually want one?

I know of some writers here at Candlekeep who have declined the invitation because they feel, rightly so, that it can be somewhat difficult to keep up with the questions that will arise. And it can be a lot of pressure too, at times.

Anyways, I'll discuss it with Rosemary privately, and see what we can come up with.
Rosemary Jones Posted - 19 Jun 2009 : 16:05:35
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

w00t-w00t!

Got my copies today! They are going on the nightstand to be picked up right after I finish off my re-reading of Lord of the Rings.

Yea! I'm always relieved to know that packages make it safely to their destination. Enjoy!

Rosemary
Rosemary Jones Posted - 19 Jun 2009 : 15:57:31
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

Hey Rosemary, I'll rewrite a message that I sent to Thomas Reid, Erik and I'm plannin to send to many others... This is your time to answer it..

Hi!
The short answer is my books are the light-hearted adventures. In my novels, you'll meet the people who may not change the world, but they certainly help make the Realms the interesting place that it is.

You don't need to know anything about the Forgotten Realms or the rules of D&D to understand the story. If you do know something about the Realms, you may have more than one "aha!" moments.

Robinson Mason reviewed Crypt of the Moaning Diamond:
"I've read quite a few such novels set in D&D worlds (usually the Forgotten Realms setting), but none of them accurately captured the feel of of D&D quite like Rosemary's work."

Which is lovely compliement! That was certainly what I was trying to do. You can see the whole review at:
http://hadanus.blogspot.com/2009/06/rosemary-jones-and-crypt-of-moaning.html

Fellow Seattle write Nathan Crowder, who writes the great Manual de la Vega mysteries that I'm always endorsing (superheroes, Panda sidekicks, wild action) reviewed City of the Dead on Amazon. com as:
"City of the Dead is: a spookhouse thrill-ride that grabs you by the hand and won't let go until you get to the other side. If you're a fan of fantasy fiction and have, know, are, or have ever been a teen girl, this should be on your shelf. If you like a fun story masterfully told, that goes double."

Nate said it better that I could. Again, that's what I want the reader to walk away with: the feeling of a good tale told well.

So there's a long answer to your question and I hope it helps.

Oh, and I give away free signed bookplates.I'll mail them anywhere in the world that the US Post Office delivers. You can see the details at www.rosemaryjones.com. The bookplates don't have a deadline -- you just need to post something about City or Crypt and send me the link.

Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 16 Jun 2009 : 05:08:01
w00t-w00t!

Got my copies today! They are going on the nightstand to be picked up right after I finish off my re-reading of Lord of the Rings.
edappel Posted - 15 Jun 2009 : 20:15:53
Hey Rosemary, I'll rewrite a message that I sent to Thomas Reid, Erik and I'm plannin to send to many others... This is your time to answer it..

I will quote my last post to Erik 'cause I take to much time writing in english..

quote:

I'm on a quest to increase the number of FR novels brazilian fans. So, I'm getting some messages from many FR authors who would like to have some brazilians readers.

At the moment, the only person that sent me, was Richard Lee Byers. Kemp and Cunningham didn't know what to say, I'm expecting that Greenwood, when he has some extra time, would send me something too, RAS is almost untalkable at the moment...

So Mr. Reid, could you send us a message? 90% of the readers only knows Ed and RAS, it would be awesome for them to getting knowing you.

Another thing that is interesting, Icewind Dale is the only translated trilogy to portuguese, but I believe that 50% of the Role-Players can read in english... They don't do it, probably 'cause the reading of novels are not so common here in Brazil, compared to developed world countries.

At the time that I receive more than five author's messages, I would compile them and send to many communitys and foruns around here.

Thanks!

Then, Erik asked me what exactly did I want, and I answered:

quote:

You could present yourself and your books, say why should people be interested on reading your work or any other FR author's book... I think the best way for them start reading your books, is explaining them that there is an extremely huge world to be discovered. And many new-comers authors that may answer their questions as a "normal guy" here at candlekeep (CK marketing too ). It's up to you. Probably, you can say better than I, what should you say to make someone start reading FR novels.

Well, that's it. Sorry bothering you and thanks for the attention.
(And sorry for just "copy + paste"... I really take to much time writing and I'm at wortk.. )
edappel Posted - 15 Jun 2009 : 18:35:10
Hey guys.. Don't you think Rosemary Jones needs a "questions to" topic at Chamber of Sages?
Sage? Wooly? Could you provide it?
Snowblood Posted - 15 Jun 2009 : 14:35:35
bugga!!!! Missed it by THAT MUCH!!!!!!
Rosemary Jones Posted - 14 Jun 2009 : 16:40:58
For everyone eagerly awaiting books, I mailed out all the prize winner copies and the bookplates requested so far on Friday. It was a case of getting envelopes, labels, me, and the Post Office all together at the same time. Which, given my crazy schedule reviewing theater at night and working during the day at a fulltime job -- ah, well, it would help if I had 30 hours in a day rather than just 24. However I did ship everything first class, so hopefully that will speed up delivery.

I don't know if Erik has mentioned this elsewhere, but he and I are continuing our duo routine by doing a joint author reading/signing/chat at University Bookstore in Seattle on July 8. You can see details at my website or Erik's. Hope to have someone from Candlekeep there!

Fillow Posted - 11 Jun 2009 : 17:27:27
Indeed Rosemary, That was my question.
Thanks a lot again to both of you Rosemary and Erik.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Jun 2009 : 15:10:30
Ah, there we go--that was the bit I missed.

Cheers
Rosemary Jones Posted - 11 Jun 2009 : 14:40:44
Fillow - if you're asking about the dates for City of the Dead, the prologue is 1467 and chapter one is Uttkar 1479
skychrome Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 18:38:47
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow
I love these forums where we seem to be sit next to our preferred authors and designers !

True! It is really great to have authors and designers that involved and close by here! Absolutely great!

-
Fillow Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 18:29:06
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Late 1479 (like end of autumn, early-midwinter). It is definitely *after* the other books in the Eddie Presents series.

I could be more specific if I had the book in hand, but alas. Is that specific enough for the bibliography? (Thanks for doing that, by the way!)

Cheers

Hi Erik,
It's allright for the bibliography.
thanks a lot.

I love these forums where we seem to be sit next to our preferred authors and designers !
Thanks to all of you dear Sages of the Realms !
Sith_Lord_Drizzt Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 17:41:00
Just finished! Excellent job Rosemary! Great characters and an enjoyable read. All the novels in this series have been great! Why hasn't a thread been started for City of the Dead in the Book Club?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 15:04:42
Late 1479 (like end of autumn, early-midwinter). It is definitely *after* the other books in the Eddie Presents series.

I could be more specific if I had the book in hand, but alas. Is that specific enough for the bibliography? (Thanks for doing that, by the way!)

Cheers
Fillow Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 09:44:47
Please, could any scribe tell me when does the story of the novel take place ?
(in order to be able to write it in the post-spellplague bibliography thread)

Thanks a lot.
Neskit Posted - 06 Jun 2009 : 15:24:00
Cant wait for the copy to arrive!!1

Thanks so much.

Tim
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 23:28:25
Thanks! Eagerly awaiting delivery!
Brian R. James Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 16:48:22
Congratulations folks!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000