Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Pool of Radiance - Discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Barshevy Posted - 18 May 2009 : 01:10:41
I'm planning on starting a new play by post game sometime next week. It will be based on the Realms module "Ruins of Adventure", the pen-and-paper companion to the early PC game Pool of Radiance.

This game is for those who are not currently playing in my other adventure "The Search for Randal Morn". Sorry.

The starting level is 1. I would like to run this as a 2nd edition game. All rule books from that edition are welcome. Looking for at least one human player. Please post here a character proposal ( name, class, background.) Do not start working on a character sheet yet.

Thanks!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mogrim Posted - 21 Jul 2009 : 06:01:47
No worries Barshevy. I hope and pray things get better for you soon. Until then, take care.
Barshevy Posted - 18 Jul 2009 : 10:25:46
Hi guys, things are somewhat dark for me these days. I have the energy to play, but not to DM. I'm so very sorry for letting you down. I'll have to put this game on indefinite hold.

Thank you for taking the time to create these characters. Again, I'm very sorry.
Mogrim Posted - 10 Jul 2009 : 20:49:05
Just wanted to chime in and state that I will wait until this project is ready to get off the ground. I understand things in RL are holding it up, and that is just the way life goes. So, Barshevy, once you have the time, I will definitely be here to play. I will continue to check in and see how this thread and others are going.
Jarloch Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 19:58:23
I too am beginning to fear that the dreaded RL monster (which exceeds a dozen tarrasques in its power to destroy the best laid plans), is hard on the heels of our erstwhile DM.
Mogrim Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 17:28:58
Have things gone dead with this game?
Mogrim Posted - 16 Jun 2009 : 23:07:55
No worries Barshevy, I am looking forward to it, but do not stress yourself getting it started.
Barshevy Posted - 16 Jun 2009 : 17:59:09
Sorry for the continued delay, this time due more to work than to unrationed play. I am hoping I can get things together for a Saturday start.
Mogrim Posted - 15 Jun 2009 : 03:24:36
Hello all! Back from my trip and ready to play, once play begins. Looking forward to seeing this get off the ground!
Ahlmzhad Posted - 12 Jun 2009 : 16:07:09
What's the next step?
Barshevy Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 00:16:39
OOC: Actually a ranger would fit in better. I'll explain via PM. Welcome aboard (again.)
Cardoc Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 23:58:58
I suppose that'd be fine, although I was kind of hoping to whip up a paladin as it would seem a better addition to the group than another ranger. But I can play Bregan as well, just let me know.
Barshevy Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 05:38:41
I'd like to have you use Bregan Redwind. I should have mentioned that this would be a transfer from the Pool of Radiance game. Are you still interested?
Cardoc Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 04:04:35
Count me in. Did you have a character in mind for me to play, or should I whip something up real quick? I could have something ready to go by tomorrow evening. Also, if the current players feel strongly against adding a new member I'd be okay with that. I don't want to make waves, but would be happy to join in the fun.
Barshevy Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 03:32:04
Can I have an affirmative answer soon? The party is about to leave an area that I could introduce your PC.
Cardoc Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 00:10:44
I may be interested in joining the Randal Morn campaign. I've been following it from the beginning so there would be no need to bring me up to speed.
Barshevy Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 15:16:42
Also, regarding the Randal Morn game, looks like all players are staying. But I'll keep an extra slot open if any Pools gamers are getting tired of waiting (sorry guys :( )
Barshevy Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 15:15:29
Welcome! Our friend Ahlmzhad is also hailing from Dragonsfoot.

Ahlmzhad Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 14:34:52
Barshevy,

I think I will run an Elven Ranger CG
Barshevy Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 07:07:13
BTW folks, there seems to be an opening in the Randal Morn adventure next door. Would anyone here like fill it?
Barshevy Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 07:01:12
No problem, Gray. I hope you will have time in the future to join us in our adventures.
Gray_Exile Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 05:22:28
Sorry everyone on the post

But with times how they are, I had to take a second job cooking in the evenings. So I am working from 6:30 A.M. till 11:00 P.M. to support my wife and two young children. Sorry about this, but I must bow out of the game for now. Hopefully main job improves and I am allowed the much needed over-time and can quit second job till then I apologize again. I didn't mean to be a waste of the D.M.'s time

Sorry all
-Gray_Exile
Mogrim Posted - 06 Jun 2009 : 15:15:41
No worries Barshevy. I think we can all wait for when you will be ready. Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of town and computer usage from June 7-14. So I will be unable to post or read posts during that time.
Barshevy Posted - 06 Jun 2009 : 06:40:35
Sorry for the delay getting the adventure started. It's been busy, IRL, and I have perhaps too many games I'm participating as a PC as well.
Cardoc Posted - 06 Jun 2009 : 03:39:48
Final character is posted, please see my post above for full details.

Note I have added equipment, and a few proficiencies and a priest spell as allowed per being a follower of Mielikki. I tried not to take too much advantage of the bonuses given by Mielikki, but took what I thought made sense given my character's background, which I hope to post soon.

Apologies on the delay in getting this done, I have been in the process of buying my first home over the past few weeks and its really been eating into my time.

Can't wait to get the adventure started!
Bakra Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 11:38:09
Name: Nalar
Class: Fighter
Race: Shield Dwarf
Level: 1 Alignment: CN
Experience Points: 0 Height: 4'9" Weight: 175

Strength: 16 (+1 dam, 9 Open Doors, 10% BB/LG)
Dexterity: 14 (+0 missile, +0 react, +0 AC)
Constitution: 18 (+4 hp, for hit points all 1’s rolled are considered 2’s)
Intelligence: 9 (2 bonus NWP)
Wisdom: 10 (+0 mag. def. adj.)
Charisma: 12

Paralyzation, Poison, or Death Magic: 14 (9 vs. Poison)
Rod, Staff, or Wand: 16
Petrification or Polymorph: 15
Breath Weapon: 17
Spells: 12

Hit Points: 14; Infravision: 60’
Armor Class: 4 (Chain mail and Small Shield)
THAC0: 20 (20 ranged, 19 battle axe specialization, 18 vs. Orcs (all), goblins, and hobgoblins)

Weapon Proficiencies: Broad group: Cleaving/Crushing, Weapon Specialization: Battle axe

Non-Weapon Proficiencies: Reading/Writing (Dethek Runes)*, Cobbling*,Endurance*, singing*, intimidate*, M. language: Dwarf*, M. Language (Orc), M. Language (Common), Dancing, sign language, blindfighting.

I will purchase weapons later, it has been a long night. Being the DD can be very tiring but worth it.
Barshevy Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 07:01:02
quote:
Originally posted by Toric

Barshevy, looks like you put Clangeddin Silverbeard as Mogrim's deity on the ID tab of the spreadsheet. Somehow I don't think the elf would admit to being a follower of the Father of Battle!

Whoops! Now THAT could be a question for Ed !
Toric Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 03:19:04
quote:
Originally posted by Cardoc

quote:
Cardoc: You might want to read the Meilikki write up in Faith & Avatars. Your character gains some extra benefits for being a “specialty priest”.

Thanks, but Bregan is a ranger and hence just a follower of Meilikki. I don't thing any specialty priest bonuses would apply, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Actually, upon reviewing the link I may just take advantage of this after all, at least partially.

Yep, as you no doubt noticed when you reviewed the link, rangers ARE considered specialty priests of Mielikki. Of course, that isn't to say that you have to follow that example but it is there if you like it. I think it provides some bonus proficiencies but nothing too crazy.
Cardoc Posted - 03 Jun 2009 : 00:09:18
quote:
Cardoc: You might want to read the Meilikki write up in Faith & Avatars. Your character gains some extra benefits for being a “specialty priest”.

Thanks, but Bregan is a ranger and hence just a follower of Meilikki. I don't thing any specialty priest bonuses would apply, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Actually, upon reviewing the link I may just take advantage of this after all, at least partially.
Toric Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 23:26:14
Barshevy, looks like you put Clangeddin Silverbeard as Mogrim's deity on the ID tab of the spreadsheet. Somehow I don't think the elf would admit to being a follower of the Father of Battle!
Toric Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 23:23:52
quote:

Here is a link to the Mielikki write-up from Faiths & Avatars that I found by doing a bit of google searching.
http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Mielikki.htm

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000