Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 05 Nov 2002 : 17:34:44
Well Met and Welcome traveler!

I, Alaundo, Master Scribe and seer of Candlekeep welcome you to the great library of Faerun and the Forgotten Realms. You are now in the Chambers of Lore where you will meet many other scribes and seekers of Realmslore and knowledge. We hope you enjoy your stay here and learn many new things.

Please feel free to introduce yourself with a new topic in this forum category and be welcomed warmly.

If you need any assistance during your stay then please call on me by posting within this forum or via email.

....and now, ill leave you to browse the many tomes we have....
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DewnMoutain Posted - 26 Oct 2023 : 00:54:56
I have traveled near and far.
i have been in love, and have loved.
i have been to war, and witnessed the dark side therin.
Yet, all i seek is the story, the movement of words, upon the page, upon the lips.
i desire to set the scene, to tell the tale, to enrapture those that would read, that would listen.
and all i ask in return
is a hot meal and a cold ale.
i travel All the realms, Hyborian, Forgotten, Warhammer, and more...

i am Dewn Mou'tain, bard for all.

Howdy howdy, Im dewn. Just a guy who loves a good story, a somewhat decent DM. I took an involuntary exile from the Realms, as it's been neigh 20 years since i last visited, in the good old 3rd edition days. A wave of nostalgia hit me a few weeks back as i found behind shelving unit in my garage an old 3.0 FR map that i had laminated, to ensure it was protected. Well, color me suprised to see it still in such good shape.
so, i sat and stared at the map, and marveled at the names. Dalelands, Thay, Luskan, Waterdeep. The Undermountain called to me, and Calimshan reminded me to guard my coin pouch.
all this and more made me giddy.
yet i couldnt find the 3.0 book, so i bought a new one. and have spent the last week and change reading it everynight. Even have retooled my Metallica Black album inspired campaign to be set in the Realms.

ive missed the realms, and am glad to be back.

and, as an aside, it was sheer happenstance that i discovered this website. So that's cool!!!
Libertad Posted - 07 Sep 2023 : 09:03:18
Hello everyone. This is Libertad, a long-time gamer and poster on a lot of ttrpg sites. Although I've been fans of the Realms for a long time, playing Baldur's Gate 3 put it back into my mind front and center, and decided to join the major fan site on the Internet for it!
Ananda Posted - 05 Jul 2023 : 17:49:28
Greetings, fellow minded seekers of lore! I am Ananda, aspiring Planeswalker! It is my opinion that the search for the Planes have laid stagnant for too long, and so I seek those who would impact upon me valuable information, and those who would aid my cause! One day, all those who have dreamt it shall breathe in the foul air of Sigil, and know that they are cutters in the right place!
DoveArrow Posted - 10 Jun 2023 : 04:51:44
Introducing myself rather late, since I've been off and on these boards for years now. I just wanted to ask Alaundo, when you created these forums, did you have any idea what they would become?
Mistmaster Posted - 21 Apr 2023 : 08:26:25
Introducing myself at last, I'm a DaD fan, Dungeon Master of long course and player, I ran a couple of customized campaigns in the realms and I decided it was time to meet some felliw traveler.
Vinzor Burrow Posted - 15 Apr 2023 : 00:56:56
hi
JohnLovely Posted - 08 Feb 2022 : 23:48:47
Dropping a message here, as is customary :) Fan of the Realms for over two decades now (brought in by the videogames, mostly a lurker online).
Rakshak the Tall Posted - 03 Jan 2022 : 16:06:43

Greetings!

Thank you for welcoming me as a visiting scholar here at Candlekeep! I'm Calishite by birth, but usually reside in Waterdeep when I'm not in Candlekeep. I'm happy to share what I know of Calimshan, the Marching Mountains, and especially what I've learned of the Way of Tranquility! I'm curious to learn more about these northern lands, their histories, and cultures, so I can be a better citizen of my new home and teacher of my new students.

Peace be with you!
Reshaim_78 Posted - 03 Nov 2021 : 21:04:50
Well met you all, after lurking for a while i've finally decided to join this community. I'm Pieralberto from italy, fan of the Realms since the Old Grey Box (and lately i appreciate it more than the latest incarnations of the Realms).
Glad to be here! :)
Kriss-Weatherwax Posted - 29 Oct 2021 : 14:47:37
Hello!
I,m Kriss from Spain. I love the Forgotten Realms lore,and I am a great Grimblucle Thurn fan! I want to thank all the wise men here for their great contribution
rredmond Posted - 27 Sep 2021 : 18:11:54
Welcome aboard Exodite and Frerol! You both look to bring amazing experience and skills here!
Well met!
Frerol Posted - 27 Sep 2021 : 17:33:37
Well met, everyone! I am Frerol, a common citizen of a faraway land seeking to know more of the Realmslore and perhaps work on translations of such stories and tales to my own mother language.
I hope to learn much from the scholars of this place and, who knows, maybe someday I'll even contribute with something!
Exodite Posted - 14 Sep 2021 : 15:30:00
Alae and well met! I've long scried from afar but have finally ventured to the great library as a member. I'm active in the Sages of the Forgotten Realms group within the Book of Faces, hoping to see some familiar sages here.

Uluvathae,
Exodite
ElfBane Posted - 16 Aug 2021 : 16:02:48
Welcome aboard folks. Don't know why someone official hasn't welcomed you yet, but they will be along by the by.
Hewy Wyvernspur Posted - 16 Aug 2021 : 12:04:05
Hi folks of Candlekeep! I'm just a small-time bard from downcountry (really far down, our toilets flush in the opposite direction down here!), long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I hail from the beginning of the 2nd edition era, and have recently become discontented with the current timeline and returned to the good old times of the late 1350s to the early 1370s DR. I'll be asking more questions than I do provide answers, often in pursuit of lore to help with my mashing of Dungeon of the Mad Mage and my old 2e City of Splendors and Undermountain boxed sets to provide a sequel for a 5e Curse of Strahd campaign that finished up early this year. I've also recently begun the Doom of Daggerdale module for a 2e game I've managed to convince my 5e babies to play (and they're absolutely loving it!).

Can't wait to hit y'all up for that sweet, sweet lore :) As someone else noted above, I should have joined here long ago!
Erikor Posted - 13 Aug 2021 : 03:54:03
Well met, my friends
I'm here to seek wisdom, friends and great tales about what has been told in the books of the Forgotten Realms.
tyriel Posted - 08 Aug 2021 : 18:35:23
Salutations, sagacious sages of Candlekeep!
Alaundo Posted - 26 May 2021 : 09:21:11
quote:
Originally posted by Wrandy

Hello, I'm Wrandy, I've lurked on these forums for years as a resource for DMing on Neverwinter Nights servers, but it never occurred to me to register. The information gleaned from searches always proved sufficient and I always figured my questions had already been asked, but my questions persist and perhaps I'll eventually manage to find one worthy of phrasing properly.

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep and glad ye decided to don thy robe and join us for discussions and studies of lore. Enjoy thy stay.
Wrandy Posted - 26 May 2021 : 06:13:02
Hello, I'm Wrandy, I've lurked on these forums for years as a resource for DMing on Neverwinter Nights servers, but it never occurred to me to register. The information gleaned from searches always proved sufficient and I always figured my questions had already been asked, but my questions persist and perhaps I'll eventually manage to find one worthy of phrasing properly.
Alaundo Posted - 10 May 2021 : 09:45:28
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

quote:
Originally posted by Adoril

Greetings fellow seekers and scribes.

I am Adoril. For a long time, the lore of the Forgotten Realms has inspired my mind to great extent. T’was about time I registered into this great library.

In these august halls, a sage is never late to register. Nor are they early. They simply arrive precisely when their curiosity is greatest.

Welcome in, Adoril. Wooly or Alaundo should be along shortly with tea and cakes.

Well met, Adoril

Welcome indeed to Candlekeep, the greatest library in all the Realms. I hope you enjoy your stay herein, for there is much knowledge and lore to peruse and many wise scribes to enquire.
AJA Posted - 10 May 2021 : 00:40:17
quote:
Originally posted by Adoril

I am Adoril. For a long time, the lore of the Forgotten Realms has inspired my mind to great extent. T’was about time I registered into this great library.

In these august halls, a sage is never late to register. Nor are they early. They simply arrive precisely when their curiosity is greatest.

Welcome in, Adoril. Wooly or Alaundo should be along shortly with tea and cakes.

Adoril Posted - 09 May 2021 : 19:59:16

Alaundo Posted - 04 May 2021 : 09:19:19
Well met, Caldwhyn

Welcome to Candlekeep, long-time traveller. There is much knowledge and lore herein, which i'm sure will aid in thy quest for knowledge.
rredmond Posted - 02 May 2021 : 16:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by Alithir
Thank you Rredmond. Oh I do enjoy being the DM a lot.

Awesome! It is fun. :D

quote:
Originally posted by Caldwhyn

Hello sages of the realms, long time (as in since Realms-L time) lurker who took up dm-ing again here, still profiting from the huge amount of knowledge contained in these pages. Glad to be here, glad to see Candlekeep is still around <3

Welcome Caldwhyn! Great username.
Be well and be welcome!
Caldwhyn Posted - 02 May 2021 : 16:11:27
Hello sages of the realms, long time (as in since Realms-L time) lurker who took up dm-ing again here, still profiting from the huge amount of knowledge contained in these pages. Glad to be here, glad to see Candlekeep is still around <3
Alithir Posted - 24 Mar 2021 : 13:11:54
quote:
Originally posted by rredmond

Hail and welcome Alithir!
COVID actually got me and my HS friends together (in three different States) to play some 1e again. I wasn't tricked so much into being the DM, but really enjoy it.
These forums are a perfect place to expand your knowledge. :)
Welcome again and be well!

Thank you Rredmond. Oh I do enjoy being the DM a lot.
rredmond Posted - 24 Mar 2021 : 12:11:09
Hail and welcome Alithir!
COVID actually got me and my HS friends together (in three different States) to play some 1e again. I wasn't tricked so much into being the DM, but really enjoy it.
These forums are a perfect place to expand your knowledge. :)
Welcome again and be well!
Alithir Posted - 24 Mar 2021 : 10:11:47
Hail to thee, fellow scribes, seekers of knowledge and brave adventurers.

I'm Alithir and I've stumbled onto this Library, seeking to improve my knowledge. About 23 years ago I played D&D for the first time (actually not playing but tricked into being DM). Last year due to the covid-19 pandemic I picked it up again.
Me and a group of friends are playing board games about once a month. Since that was no longer possible for us, hopefully temporarily! we started to play D&D. Again being tricked into the DM (there is a pattern starting), I've never partaken as a player. Although I have played many games like Baldur's gate I,II and now III, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment, so I have a little bit of knowledge.
I hope to expand that bit of knowledge, so I came to the great digital library called the Internet, which led me here.
Oh and I'm a real sucker for Lore!
Alaundo Posted - 09 Mar 2021 : 08:41:27
Well met, Ilsen

Glad you decided to join us within these great halls for many discussions of knowledge and lore. Enjoy thy stay.
Ilsen Posted - 08 Mar 2021 : 18:08:28
My name is Ilsen and I've been lurking your archives for years. I've finally decided to join the community to directly seek your knowledge and support. I'm not a native english speaker, so I hope to be eloquent enough for the high standards of Candlekeep scribes.

Jokes aside, I just wanted to thank you all for the incredible amount of knowledge and wise tips I've been finding in this forum. This place is amazing.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000