Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Rhauntides

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bitter thorn Posted - 20 Feb 2009 : 21:08:53
I was wondering if there are 3.5E write ups for Rhauntides and/or Shaunil Tharm.

Rhauntides is listed as (CG hm M14) in VGttD. I would put him at Wiz7/Loremaster6/Archmage1. I'm suprised that I haven't been able to locate a write up.

Shaunil Tharm is listed as (CG hf M9) in VGttD. I would presume that she would be on the same Wizard/Loremaster path assuming that she's not a sorceress.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Faraer Posted - 22 Feb 2009 : 18:42:51
Azargatha Nimune makes her home there, and the bard Jhenna Iliathor is based there, at various times. Earlier, Ilythyrra of Sevenskulls lived in Deepingdale.
bitter thorn Posted - 22 Feb 2009 : 03:00:14
Are there any mid level wizards in Highmoon any more? Bristar has sorcerer/rangers, but you would think that they would want to have a couple of wizard types in the capitol. I can easily create a couple, but I was hoping to work off some established lore.

Hmmm.... Perhaps a kindly Harper mage??
Faraer Posted - 22 Feb 2009 : 00:54:51
It's one of those things where at the time I thought, I don't like this, but I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt and see what comes of the Shaunil thread. They must know what they're doing. Nothing came of it. That benefit got used up.
bitter thorn Posted - 21 Feb 2009 : 21:52:38
Crap! I missed that. He died of old age and left his home to a monk and his magic to a 7th level fighter, and his beloved just wanders off?!? Wow! That's an incredibly weak sub plot! That blows, and I'm not a fan of high level wizards, but that still just blows!

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

No. The FRCS wrote out both Rhauntides and his apprentice (when they were reminded she existed) to make room for, of all things, a monastery of fighting-monks -- a typical piece of Wizards sabotage/attrition.

Jorkens Posted - 21 Feb 2009 : 09:35:54
That reminds me of asking Ed about more information about Rhauntides a couple of years ago. Along with the Zenthilar Yorell. I wonder if it ran into a NDA or if it is still in the queue.
The Sage Posted - 21 Feb 2009 : 00:04:40
Possibly. As I recall, that tidbit from Krash came from a discussion he and I had back in '05. Maybe he's had some further thoughts on this, since then...
Brimstone Posted - 20 Feb 2009 : 23:46:41
-Maybe ask George then?

BRIMSTONE
The Sage Posted - 20 Feb 2009 : 23:27:00
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn

I was wondering if there are 3.5E write ups for Rhauntides and/or Shaunil Tharm.

Rhauntides is listed as (CG hm M14) in VGttD. I would put him at Wiz7/Loremaster6/Archmage1. I'm suprised that I haven't been able to locate a write up.

Shaunil Tharm is listed as (CG hf M9) in VGttD. I would presume that she would be on the same Wizard/Loremaster path assuming that she's not a sorceress.
I don't immediately recall any 3e write-ups for either of them. However, I should point out that the FRCS does indeed note that Rhauntides is dead. George Krashos tinkered with the description in Highmoon regarding Shaunil Tharm when the FRCS was in development. Originally, Rhauntides died in 1371 DR and Shaunil wasn't even mentioned. Though George did conceptualise an adventure which deals with just what Shaunil Tharm is up to. We just haven't learned anymore as yet...
Faraer Posted - 20 Feb 2009 : 23:10:13
No. The FRCS wrote out both Rhauntides and his apprentice (when they were reminded she existed) to make room for, of all things, a monastery of fighting-monks -- a typical piece of Wizards sabotage/attrition.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000