Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spotlight on the Jaezred Chaulssin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Drakul Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 18:38:52
Should there be a trilogy based on the Jaezred Chaulssin??

OP's Notes: I think they deserve a trilogy. I would love to read about their history in a novel that has a more indepth plot than reading the WE (no offense Mr. Boyd). The WE is a great work in itself, but I feel that the fans deserve more.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 26 Nov 2008 : 17:56:01
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Well since I would read about anything in the realms, then yes!

-What a novel way to look at things! I like that approach.

BRIMSTONE
Alisttair Posted - 26 Nov 2008 : 04:06:05
Well since I would read about anything in the realms, then yes!
Drakul Posted - 24 Nov 2008 : 20:53:59
Be that as it may, a scant few houses don't mean much when compared to the city as a whole. Plus, I doubt the Jaezred Chaulssin will have 'close association' for very long. It would not serve them and their schemes.
Brimstone Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 11:43:40
-I have to agree with the Drow Lady. LP 3 was still a 3E novel series.

BRIMSTONE
Zanan Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 09:41:21
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul
Close association. They still have a good hold on the city. Not to mention, in the first Lady Penitent book, they had a major hold and that was after FRCG.

The Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (FRCG) describes Ched Nasad in 4th edition 1479something DR, whereas LP III stops long before that.
Brimstone Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 23:28:13
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

BRIMSTONE
Drakul Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 19:32:38
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

HERE WE GO AGAIN,
HERE WE GO AGAIN AND AGAIN,
WOND'RIN' HOW IT ALL BEGAN,
WOND'RIN' WILL IT EVER END.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO,
WHERE IT'S GOING, NOBODY KNOWS.
THOUGH I KNOW WE'VE BEEN THIS PLACE BEFORE,
SOMEONE KEEPS ON MOVING THE DOOR.

HERE WE GO AGAI-AI-AI-AIN,
HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.
HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.

SO I SAY HELLO AGAIN,
AND NOBODY GIVES A DAMN,
AND NOBODY WANTS TO HOLD YOUR HAND,
EV'RYONE IS AN ALSO-RAN.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO,
THOUGH I KNOW WE'VE SEEN THIS PLACE BEFORE,

HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.
HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO-OH-OH-OH,
ROUND AND ROUND WE GO-OH.

HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN

-I like singing.

Wow. If this ain't SPAM, then I don't know what is.

Back on topic.

Zanan is correct in her statement, however, events in Sacrifice of the Widow show that the JC still control most of Ched Nasad.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 18:09:46
Lord Karsus Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 18:00:41
HERE WE GO AGAIN,
HERE WE GO AGAIN AND AGAIN,
WOND'RIN' HOW IT ALL BEGAN,
WOND'RIN' WILL IT EVER END.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO,
THOUGH I KNOW WE'VE BEEN THIS PLACE BEFORE,

HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.
HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.

SO I SAY HELLO AGAIN,
AND NOBODY GIVES A DAMN,
AND NOBODY WANTS TO HOLD YOUR HAND,
EV'RYONE IS AN ALSO-RAN.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO,
THOUGH I KNOW WE'VE SEEN THIS PLACE BEFORE,

HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.
HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO-OH-OH-OH,
ROUND AND ROUND WE GO-OH.

HERE WE GO AGAI-AIN

-I like singing.
Drakul Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 16:59:28
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-I voted yes, after all me did get the War of the Spider Queen Series. I found the group interesting, yes according to 3E stats they should rule. Now that would be one hell of a fight.

BRIMSTONE

Coming to think of it, I doubt that. Big Mum won't want her children to suffer from such high'n mighty ones too much and for all their personal "power", they might find it difficult if the Lolthites send a dozen yochlols (FC I) and a balor on their trail. Anyways, that's all hypothesis and we know that despite all their personal power, they could not even get a foothold in Ched Nasad for that long - though this obviously was plot- and not stat-driven.

Interesting, Zanan. Then why are they already bringing Ched Nasad into the Plane of Shadow?? Seems like they have moret han a foothold in the former City of Shimmering Webs.

Not according to the FRCG, where it is said ...

quote:
Faathryll Teh’Kinrellz, Matron Mother of the First House of Ched Nasad, is firmly in control of the city and its six other new or restored houses. One concession they have made is a continuing close association with the Jaezred Chaulssin.

So they are there, but otherwise dropped in influence again.

Close association. They still have a good hold on the city. Not to mention, in the first Lady Penitent book, they had a major hold and that was after FRCG.
Brimstone Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 13:41:29
-Looks like they screwed the pooch again on this one. Oh snap, maybe I could create why and how that happened and then use it as a possible plot hook in my game!

BRIMSTONE
Zanan Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 09:35:39
quote:

quote:

quote:

-I voted yes, after all me did get the War of the Spider Queen Series. I found the group interesting, yes according to 3E stats they should rule. Now that would be one hell of a fight.

BRIMSTONE

Coming to think of it, I doubt that. Big Mum won't want her children to suffer from such high'n mighty ones too much and for all their personal "power", they might find it difficult if the Lolthites send a dozen yochlols (FC I) and a balor on their trail. Anyways, that's all hypothesis and we know that despite all their personal power, they could not even get a foothold in Ched Nasad for that long - though this obviously was plot- and not stat-driven.

Interesting, Zanan. Then why are they already bringing Ched Nasad into the Plane of Shadow?? Seems like they have moret han a foothold in the former City of Shimmering Webs.

Not according to the FRCG, where it is said ...

quote:
Faathryll Teh’Kinrellz, Matron Mother of the First House of Ched Nasad, is firmly in control of the city and its six other new or restored houses. One concession they have made is a continuing close association with the Jaezred Chaulssin.

So they are there, but otherwise dropped in influence again.
Drakul Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 05:18:11
quote:

quote:

BRIMSTONE

Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 23:04:37
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

It's as Wooly said.

Besides, I was kinda understating Halaster's age, just a little, for fun.

Good save!
The Sage Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 22:46:28
It's as Wooly said.

Besides, I was kinda understating Halaster's age, just a little, for fun.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 17:16:55
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

quote:

Or something like a "Life of Halaster" series.

That'd be a massive novel. I think sometimes people forget at times that Hilather/Halaster is older by at least a century or two over Elminster, and his history's still not covered after 5 novels. I shudder to think what it'd take to do Halaster justice [or if it's even possible to attempt a story from his POV -- at least six POVs simultaneously across Undermountain]. Still, it could be a great experiment in nonlinear narrative, that.

I thought that Halaster was the last High Artificer of Imaskar, and as such was several thousand years older than El.

Several thousand is, by definition, at least a century.
Ardashir Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 16:56:49
quote:

That'd be a massive novel. I think sometimes people forget at times that Hilather/Halaster is older by at least a century or two over Elminster, and his history's still not covered after 5 novels. I shudder to think what it'd take to do Halaster justice [or if it's even possible to attempt a story from his POV -- at least six POVs simultaneously across Undermountain]. Still, it could be a great experiment in nonlinear narrative, that.

I thought that Halaster was the last High Artificer of Imaskar, and as such was several thousand years older than El.
Zanan Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 08:42:26
quote:

BRIMSTONE

Brimstone Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 01:19:56

BRIMSTONE
Lady Fellshot Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 00:38:16
I might get thrown out of the "drow fangirl" club, but I can't say that I'm really all that interested in them as a group, nor do I think that a whole trilogy would be necessary to make an interesting story involving them.

I do love the idea of a set of stand alone novels highlighting various organizations though ^.^
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 14:13:19
quote:
Originally posted by BARDOBARBAROS

quote:

I like the idea of a Halaster series.

But if you really want to go epic, let's see the story of the Terraseer...

Yes .. i agree absolutely..Halaster novels would be great ...

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 14:12:22
Not really. Sorry, I'm just not that interested, as I've said before.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 09:28:51
quote:

Yes .. i agree absolutely..Halaster novels would be great ...
Zanan Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 09:27:42
I saw their stats (Dragons of Faerūn and its web-enhancement) and thought: Well, well, these thing could walk over many a drow settlement and push it into submission. Not what is really needed.
Thalos_Milathriel Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 03:49:15
Yes. I enjoyed reading about them and there are a lot of possible angles and plot concepts that could make for a great story arc. I'm down.

"Or something like a "Life of Halaster" series."

Yeah, sign me up for that too!
The Sage Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 23:21:55
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd rather see a variation on the Harpers series: an open-ended series of novels, each one focusing on a single organization. We could revisit the Harpers, see the Rundeen, see the Twisted Rune, see the Zhentarim actually show their intelligence, see some merchant costers, find out what the Confluence is doing... All that kind of stuff. And best of all, doing it like that would mean that popular characters could wind up being revisited -- Arilyn and Danilo, for example, first appeared in Harpers novels, before their books were later separated to their own series.

In an ideal world, we'd also have a series like that, focusing on Manshoon clones.

Lord Karsus Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 22:23:38
-"The Organizations", a four-part series of stand alone novels detailing some of Faerūn's most influential and mysterious organizations. (Note, this is the "old" Forgotten Realms)

Book I: The Black Network, a tale about the Zhentarim and the position they are in following their "take over" of the Moonsea Region and the return of the Elves to Myth Drannor, told from the viewpoints of Fzoul Chembryl (and detailing the return of Bane!), Dhamir Ercals, and a Harper agent.

Book II: Wearers of Purple, a tale about a former member of the Cult of the Dragon realizing that, when he joined, he was addicted to alcohol and was in a different state of mind, and him attempting to escape the organization, which is reeling after it's "failure" in 1,373 DR.

Book III: Sins of the Fathers, a tale about two Olin Gisiae agents investigating the happenings in and around Shaundalar, culminating in an investigation and trip into Narathmault, beneath Dun-Tharos.

Book IV: ...I don't know...

-That'd be my super wish list, though
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 21:26:13
As I said before, I don't think there's enough interest in this group to justify a trilogy... If there was a trilogy, I know that I, for one, would most likely ignore it -- I've grown tired of the constant focus on drow.

In fact, I'd have chosen "definitely not" if it was an option. Not only am I bored with drow, I'd also love to see a lot of other stories get told before we get to this one.

I'd rather see a variation on the Harpers series: an open-ended series of novels, each one focusing on a single organization. We could revisit the Harpers, see the Rundeen, see the Twisted Rune, see the Zhentarim actually show their intelligence, see some merchant costers, find out what the Confluence is doing... All that kind of stuff. And best of all, doing it like that would mean that popular characters could wind up being revisited -- Arilyn and Danilo, for example, first appeared in Harpers novels, before their books were later separated to their own series.

In an ideal world, we'd also have a series like that, focusing on Manshoon clones.
GRYPHON Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 20:31:55
Yes...a trilogy...
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 20:11:41
Most definately...Yes ..Actually my previous character (Now dead by a necromancer)in the last campaign that i played was from this organization!!!it's interesting

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000